Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 11:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Interviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA Interviews [#permalink] New post 25 May 2004, 10:20
Hi ,

I have an interview with Texas A&M University and could you pls give me tips on the best way to prepare for it

thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

Re: MBA Interviews [#permalink] New post 25 May 2004, 10:44
Expert's post
kunbol wrote:
I have an interview with Texas A&M University and could you pls give me tips on the best way to prepare for it

I hate to sound too self-promotional, but a large section in <i>Your MBA Game Plan</i> is devoted to preparing for the interview.

At a very high level, though, be ready to answer many of the questions that you see in the essays, such as "Why an MBA?" and "Why this school?" Also be ready for the most common interview questions, such as "Walk me through your resume," and "Tell me about yourself." I don't know A&M's interview process very well, but most schools conduct their interviews "blind," meaning that the interviewer will NOT have seen your application ahead of time (at most he may have seen your resume). So, plan on covering a lot of topics that you already covered in your essays. Also, be ready to demonstrate your enthusiasm for the program, both in your words and your body language.

All of the other normal interview advice applied: Err on the dressy side if you don't know how to dress, appear confident but not cocky, don't ramble, and be ready to ask interesting questions of the interviewer.

Good luck!
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Last edited by quixx23 on 25 May 2004, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 May 2004, 14:47
hey scott,

thanks so much...appreciate your help and will take your advise