Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 42

GMAT Tests User
MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 06:50
Hey All,

I was looking through the forum for information regarding MBA or a Dual Degree with Operations as specialization, but i could not find anything other than MIT SOLAN LGO.

I am from India and am more interested in Operations / Manufacturing filed, but MIT LGO web site says "LGO welcomes international applications. While all applications are carefully considered by LGO's Admissions Committee, preference may be given to those who are legally authorized to work in countries where our partner companies have major facilities.".
So the chances of getting into MIT LGO is very scarce.

I am specially looking for a MBA with Operations as specialization, I tried US News rankings etc but i am not satisfied with the information there.

It would be really helpful if you guys can point out few universities in both US / Non US.

Thanks a lot
-Arjun
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 12:14
It might be better if you speak to few people who completed this program. The best way to find this information is at Linkedin. Go through the advanced search, and you will find many alumni from India who have studied this program.

Good luck!
www.InterviewBay.com
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 19:37
Thanks a lot interviewbay :)

interviewbay wrote:
It might be better if you speak to few people who completed this program. The best way to find this information is at Linkedin. Go through the advanced search, and you will find many alumni from India who have studied this program.

Good luck!
http://www.InterviewBay.com
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 20:26
If you really want an MBA along with Ops, Kellogg's MMM program also focuses on this although it's not as highly regarded as Sloan's LGO program. With that said, an MBA is by no means a requirement in this particular field. You could alternatively do a 1 year masters program like MIT's Supply Chain program. That would probably be more impactful than a generalist degree like the MBA.

FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 21:22
Hi eskimoroll,
Thanks for your valuable input,
I did consider SCM Program of MIT, but I was not very sure about the post graduation employment opportunities (Job Profile compared to Sloan's LGO).
I checked Kellogg's MMM program and i feel it is also a good option :)

Thanks Again.
-Arjun

eskimoroll wrote:
If you really want an MBA along with Ops, Kellogg's MMM program also focuses on this although it's not as highly regarded as Sloan's LGO program. With that said, an MBA is by no means a requirement in this particular field. You could alternatively do a 1 year masters program like MIT's Supply Chain program. That would probably be more impactful than a generalist degree like the MBA.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 19:03
arjunbt wrote:
Hi eskimoroll,
Thanks for your valuable input,
I did consider SCM Program of MIT, but I was not very sure about the post graduation employment opportunities (Job Profile compared to Sloan's LGO).
I checked Kellogg's MMM program and i feel it is also a good option :)

Thanks Again.
-Arjun

Well you can't really beat LGO in general for the field you're pursuing. It's the best program out there. With that said, SCM at MIT is no slouch of a program in itself and I know several people from my former employer who came in with that degree. I think SCM at MIT would be better than MMM for an ops or supply chain focused career but of course MMM has the huge benefit (like LGO) of having an elite MBA course of study along with it. Don't worry about the job market afterwards. If you get in any of those three programs, you'll be just fine. :)

FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 19:33
eskimoroll wrote:
Well you can't really beat LGO in general for the field you're pursuing. It's the best program out there. With that said, SCM at MIT is no slouch of a program in itself and I know several people from my former employer who came in with that degree. I think SCM at MIT would be better than MMM for an ops or supply chain focused career but of course MMM has the huge benefit (like LGO) of having an elite MBA course of study along with it. Don't worry about the job market afterwards. If you get in any of those three programs, you'll be just fine. :)

I feel the same, with MMM or LGO i get both MBA as well as a MS, so with that I will get extended OPT as per Kellogg MMM Program (I am an international student).
I am yet to give my GMAT, planning for this year end. Hope things go well.

-Arjun
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing. [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 00:12
Hey All,
I wanted to know how good is MSU's MBA program?
US News ranks MSU's MBA as 2nd best when it comes to SCM as specialization.
But MSU's general MBA rank is around 50 :?
Is it worth considering MSU if i am interested only in SCM :| ?
Re: MBA or Dual Degree in Operations and Manufacturing.   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2011, 00:12