Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA People Study

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 4

MBA People Study [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 18:41
This post received
KUDOS
Update on the MBA People Study

Background: I think the most important part of the MBA program are the people, so I decided to reach out to people of the schools I am looking at and see how responsive they are. I reached out only to people I did not know, did not count talking to any of my friends at the respective MBA programs in this study.

As of Aug 4th

Results:
- Cornell Johnson: 84%
- Yale School of Management: 70%
- UC Berkeley Haas: 71%
- UVA Darden: 57%
- UT Austin McCombs: 48%
- Stanford GSB: 44%

Last edited by tcepicnightwithgmat on 21 Aug 2012, 09:08, edited 3 times in total.
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 96

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: MBA People Study - Cornell Report Out [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2012, 03:40
I really hope you did not attach your name to all of those emails. Double digit cold-emails to any school is just too much. People talk and that type of email bombing will get you labeled a pest, at best, or even worse a zealot who lacks social skills and judgment.

I know you're trying to do an informal test, but you are likely shooting yourself in the foot in the process. Students talk, admissions people talk, and they often talk to one another. You don't want your app to come across their desk and for them to think, "Oh this is the stalker who indiscriminately emailed everybody and their mama for no damn reason." Because trust me, they will not see any reason for you to contact that many people under any circumstances. JMO.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: MBA People Study - Cornell Report Out [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2012, 06:38
Omg, you are annoying.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: MBA People Study - Cornell Report Out [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2012, 15:30
although I appreciate the data you've collected... I agree with the previous 2 posters.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: MBA People Study - Cornell Report Out [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2012, 19:52
My hope is that you are at least getting value out of these student inquiries rather than just making up questions to see how responsive they are.
Re: MBA People Study - Cornell Report Out   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2012, 19:52