Request you to kindly evaluate my profile and let me know realistic chances of making it to a top MBA college.
Age : 33
1)Masters in Human resources (from a good university) - 65%
2) BE (computers) - 61 % ( not from top 10 engineering college in India)
(3) 12th - 62 % (India)
(4) 10th - 75% (India)
Work Experience :
• 1 year of work experience in Insurance industry as an Human resources professional post my masters in HR
• After that I had to join family business due to some family issues and worked there for 2 years.The family business was a food product manufacturing factory/plant. I have worked for 2 years in it and have good understanding of the business i.e. production process ,revenue model,profit margin etc.
• And currently I an working with a NGO in there adminstration department for the last 2 years.I have worked on different social awarness programs .And have been part of children education,Women welfare projects.
• Volunteer with few NGO's for the last 2 years.
• I am on the strategy formation group of one of the NGO.
. I have received few certificate of appreciation for my community work from these NGO's.
Other certification and skills:
1) Have 2 globally recognised certifications
2)I am CFA level 2
3) Speak 2 languages (other than English and my native language).
GMAT score :730
1)I'm planning to apply for my MBA in '2014 . My goal is to do my MBA from the top global MBA college .Kindly evaluate my profile and also suggest the colleges that I should apply for and have a good chance of getting into.
2)Also in your view which is a better option for me 1 year or a 2 year MBA.
3)If you can suggest few things that I can work on to make my profile stronger.
4) Let me know institutes/colleges I should apply for and have a better chance of making it to.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
My post MBA goal is to get hands on experience in business management in good organization or if there are immediate opportunity post MBA to move to management consulting than to gain some exposure and experience there .My long term goal is to open my own business once I have the exposure and experience for it.
For the second question that you have raised the answer is Yes I am looking at good MBA schools in U.S. (this is the part that I am hoping that you can help me with i.e. which B schools I should apply to and have a good chance of getting into.)
Also I would also like to invite your views on the issue that considering my age (33 years now) what would you suggest for me, 1 years MBA or 2 years.I understand that most good U.S. B-Schools have a 2 year MBA program and I am fine with a 2 year MBA program as I do not want to compromise on the quality of the MBA program.