Joined: 28 May 2012
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Architecture (Transportation)
, given: 0
MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink]
22 Aug 2013, 00:13
Thank you for providing valuable insights. I hope you get the chance to evaluate my profile
- 28 years old black male, raised by a single mother with a two-year degree
- I was raised in Africa, immigrated with my family to France when I was 11, and immigrated to the US about 6 years ago. I am now a permanent resident. I believe this qualifies me as an URM
- GMAT 710 (48Q, 40V)
- GPA: evaluated to 3.53 by WES
- Dual Master in aeronautical engineering from top tier French School in aviation and in Airport development and management, from Florida Institute of Technology
- I have been providing airport planning and design expertise on airport nation-wide and worldwide, focusing primarily on passenger terminal facilities. In other words I analyze the projected activity at the airport and provide solutions to handle the forecasted activity and the best course of action to the preferred solution.
- Extra curricular In college: I was the manager of the sponsors division of a student-run non profit association that organizes an annual airshow. The airshow is free and is the biggest of the southwest of france with about 20,000 people. that year, my team of 11 volunteers broke the records in donation.
- I am currently a Junior Achievement volunteer teacher and a member the Leadership council of a local chapter of non-profit organization that raises money to build school in developing countries.
- I am a club member of Toastmasters International
- I am Fluent in French
- I would like to leverage my engineering background and my experience in airport management and development to transition to the airline industry with a post-MBA position in revenue management or network planning. Long term, after several general management positions within the company, I would like to be a senior executive for an airline.
- I am primarily targeting schools that I have strong ties with aviation or transportation industry: HBS, MIT, Chicago, Kellogg, Cornell, Texas, and Michigan