Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Architecture (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 23:16
Hello

Thank you for evaluating my profile

- 28 years old black male, raised by a single mother with a two-year degree
- I was raised in Africa, immigrated with my family to France when I was 11, and immigrated to the US about 6 years ago. I am now a permanent resident. I believe this qualifies me as an URM
- GMAT 710 (48Q, 40V)
- GPA: evaluated to 3.53 by WES
- Dual Master in aeronautical engineering from top tier French School in aviation and in Airport development and management, from Florida Institute of Technology

- I have been providing airport planning and design expertise on airport nation-wide and worldwide, focusing primarily on passenger terminal facilities. In other words I analyze the projected activity at the airport and provide solutions to handle the forecasted activity and the best course of action to the preferred solution.

- Extra curricular In college: I was the manager of the sponsors division of a student-run non profit association that organizes an annual airshow. The airshow is free and is the biggest of the southwest of france with about 20,000 people. that year, my team of 11 volunteers broke the records in donation.
- I am currently a Junior Achievement volunteer teacher and a member the Leadership council of a local chapter of non-profit organization that raises money to build school in developing countries.
- I am a club member of Toastmasters International

- I am Fluent in French

- I would like to leverage my engineering background and my experience in airport management and development to transition to the airline industry with a post-MBA position in revenue management or network planning. Long term, after several general management positions within the company, I would like to be a senior executive for an airline.

- I am primarily targeting schools that I have strong ties with aviation or transportation industry: HBS, MIT, Chicago, Kellogg, Cornell, Texas, and Michigan

Thank you
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 20:39
Expert's post
patson wrote:
Hello

Thank you for evaluating my profile

- 28 years old black male, raised by a single mother with a two-year degree
- I was raised in Africa, immigrated with my family to France when I was 11, and immigrated to the US about 6 years ago. I am now a permanent resident. I believe this qualifies me as an URM
- GMAT 710 (48Q, 40V)
- GPA: evaluated to 3.53 by WES
- Dual Master in aeronautical engineering from top tier French School in aviation and in Airport development and management, from Florida Institute of Technology

- I have been providing airport planning and design expertise on airport nation-wide and worldwide, focusing primarily on passenger terminal facilities. In other words I analyze the projected activity at the airport and provide solutions to handle the forecasted activity and the best course of action to the preferred solution.

- Extra curricular In college: I was the manager of the sponsors division of a student-run non profit association that organizes an annual airshow. The airshow is free and is the biggest of the southwest of france with about 20,000 people. that year, my team of 11 volunteers broke the records in donation.
- I am currently a Junior Achievement volunteer teacher and a member the Leadership council of a local chapter of non-profit organization that raises money to build school in developing countries.
- I am a club member of Toastmasters International

- I am Fluent in French

- I would like to leverage my engineering background and my experience in airport management and development to transition to the airline industry with a post-MBA position in revenue management or network planning. Long term, after several general management positions within the company, I would like to be a senior executive for an airline.

- I am primarily targeting schools that I have strong ties with aviation or transportation industry: HBS, MIT, Chicago, Kellogg, Cornell, Texas, and Michigan

Thank you

You have a competitive profile for your target programs and are applying appropriately.

If you would like help with your MBA application, please contact me.

Regards,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 06-17-2014
GPA: 2.95
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2014, 04:49
Hi,

Thank you for the profile evaluation, I would really appreciate if you could provide me inputs on my profile and candidacy and the top 5 schools which I can consider as reasonable to try.

Age/Sex/Nationality : 29/Male/Indian
GMAT : 690 (Q50/V33)
UG Major : BE, Electronics and Communication
UG GPA : 2.9/4.0
Experience : Total 5 years
1.5 Years - Analog Devices, DSP Applications Engineer
3.5 Years- Partner and Director, Royal Mysore Walks
Recommendations : Strong
Why MBA : I want to closely associate on business development of organizations

Here is a brief about my profile:

Partner and Director of Royal Mysore Walks(Current)

1) Responsible for building a team from scratch and establishing a training model for Royal Mysore Walks
2) Responsible for having the 2 term UN Secretary, Kofi Annan with Royal Mysore Walks
3) Designed Tourism report on Mysore in collaboration with CII-Southern Region
4) Interviewed by NDTV Good Times, mentioned in The Guardian UK, Outlook Traveler India, National Geographic traveler, The Hindu.
5) Designed and delivered Corporate Team building activities, contextual learning experiences for children.
6) Winner of Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor, 2014

DSP Applications Engineer, Analog Devices (2007-2009)

1) Guest Faculty at IIT Chennai, DSP Learning Centre
2) Responsible for variable test generator, simulation of varied test situations for a DSP processor

Additional Interests

1) Worked for an NGO at Divyadeepa, a cause for alternative education, developed new models of study and fund raising
2) Founder and Owner of Inspire99 – a motivational website and responsible for content development at insightsonindia
3) Published courtesies – The Guardian UK, Outlook Traveler.
4) Cleared IAS Exams 2010, 2011.

Education

1) Engineering in Electronics and Communication with 78.35%
2) Pre University with 94.66%

Kindly let me as to what universities I can consider applying to. I am looking at Full time MBA from US and will be looking for a univ within the rank of top 50