Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very Very cool! Praet, how do you plan to keep the information in the wiki updated based on what gets posted on the forums? For example, if in the Chicago thread, prasad says that he is applying to Chicago R2 .. then how does that information get updated in the wiki? I know that we members can do the updates .. but we realized (With the "who is applying where" table) that not a lot of us are comfortable with wikis (Or interested in updating wikis).

In other words, before everybody picks up on the wikis, how do you intend to synchronize the wikis with what's going on in the forums? If we don't synchronize the wikis, then the wikis will be less valuable in a few weeks.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the comments.

-- Calendar -- This is a good idea to keep all the deadlines in one place. Currently, we have this information on deadlines in the school profile. This is still a work in progress, so it will take time before everything is up and running.

-- Updating the wiki -- Keeping the wiki updated is indeed a challenge. We have posted guidelines for editors, but I realized that not everyone has the time to do this. I will check with tino and let you know if he has any ideas.

I am hoping that some of you will take the lead in updating the information at your convenience.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
[#permalink]
When I was applying to law school, I used this website called https://www.lawschoolnumbers.com I was addicted. It's sort of like that other database in that it requires user participation, but it had all the info there. dates, deadlines, admission graphs etc.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
VictoryMBA wrote:
When I was applying to law school, I used this website called https://www.lawschoolnumbers.com I was addicted. It's sort of like that other database in that it requires user participation, but it had all the info there. dates, deadlines, admission graphs etc.

thank you for the suggestion.

Let us know if you guys think of something else.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
A lot of schools have wikipedia pages already...not sure on the ethics of it but they could easily be copied over to this site or linked from here. I think editting is going to be a lot easier than trying to start from scratch, especially for us none code writers.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]