Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 03:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

MBA Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2010, 01:18
Hi,

What are the schools schools which have good programs for Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship?
What are the main factors to be considered while shortlisting schools for these programs?
Also, what is the potential of MBA in this field in regards to getting a good job and career? Do companies recruit students with this background? What kinds of jobs and who all recruit?
Long term goal after this MBA could be varied (like NGO, socially responsible companies, non profit, etc) but considering MBA will cost a lot and there will be a big loan that needs to be taken care of, are there enough job opportunities out there??
Would appreciate response from experts and current students.

Apart from this, I have a few profile specific questions, please reply:
I took my second shot at GMAT last week and scored 670 (Q47 V35, AWA 5) in the test. I am an Indian female working as Electronics Design Engineer at John Deere India. I will have 3 yrs work ex at time of matriculation. Apart from this I have good social (Fellow at Open Space, NGO working for Social awareness and Teach for India's Young Professional Ambassador) and leadership (General Sec of the undergrad college and founder of drama club) experience. I wish to pursue MBA in social entrepreneurship in a good school in this field.

Is my score good enough to apply for Fall 2011?? I was of the opinion that rather than retake I can work more on essays and my profile. Am I thinking right, or a good GMAT score is more important? If I want to apply with this score, what other factors I should concentrate on?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: MBA Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 09:10
Yale and Haas have what you're looking for. If you could bump up your score to 700+ (apparently Indians have higher averages so for your background, it may be low...I'm not an expert though) I feel as though you'd have a good shot.

Yale has a loan forgievness program for people going into NGO after school as well. If you work for 2-3 years after in a non-profit, they will forgive a good amount I think. Look it up.
Re: MBA Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2010, 09:10