Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA: St. Gallen Part Time or Cass Full Time

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

St. Gallen PT vs. Cass FT

• 100% [1]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
MBA: St. Gallen Part Time or Cass Full Time [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2014, 22:09
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

maybe anyone of you could give me some input for my decision between the 2-year PT in St Gallen and the 1-year FT in Cass.

The Part Time option has the advantages that I can stay in my place, I would not be separated from my wife and I would still
earn money at my job.

The FT option would be more intensive, I would live in a great city, and I would have better networking and job opportunities. Next to it
I don´t need to concentrate on my job (which I would definitely sacrifice) and the MBA simultaneously.

The Cass MBA is higher ranked in FT, but St. Gallen is a very good university.

I also wonder how recruiters see a PT MBA?

Would you please give me your thoughts? Has anyone experience with that?

Thx.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC Sept'16, HSG '16
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA: St. Gallen Part Time or Cass Full Time [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 03:27
Interesting topic as I am currently dealing with the same issue. I've been checking out MBA's in the past months and right now I'm in doubt between applying at IE (PT), St.Gallen (PT) or Insead (FT).

I attended an information afternoon at HSG two weeks ago and I am actually highly impressed by the PT programme. The structure with fixed monthly modules allows a lot of flexibility and the modules abroad give an extra touch to the curriculum. There seems to be a good class atmosphere, with people also meeting up outside of the modules. The average pt students is often an expat already working in Switzerland, so the changes of living in close proximity of your fellow students (i.e. Zurich) are quite high.

We also got more information on networking and career services in the PT programme, apparently this will be improved for the PT students starting from this year, so one will now have all the benefits and possibilities of the FT programme (if you want to of course, some people decide not to change jobs). From what I've been told, recruiters don't seem to make much difference between FT and PT, although you could use the PT as an example of your time management skills. Either way, at HSG the career service departement puts the student profiles of both programmes together, no real distinction there.

I am not familiar with CASS, but in my opinion the choice between FT or PT (in general) should depend on your financial possiblities and on whether you want to accelerate your career or make a real change (position /industry /location).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 39

Re: MBA: St. Gallen Part Time or Cass Full Time [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2014, 16:09
I believe that HSG if a far more superior brand name. it is considered the best business school in German-speaking Europe. However, if u do not speak german or do not have aspirations to work in Switzerland, Austria, Germany perhaps its best to go in London. Keep in mind that these three countries are the strongest economies in Europe with one of the lowest unemployment rates
Re: MBA: St. Gallen Part Time or Cass Full Time   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2014, 16:09