Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA with Operations as major

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 2.91
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
MBA with Operations as major [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 06:34
Hi Folks,

Just starting with my GMAT prep. I have a few doubts in my mind...would appreciate if someone could help me out with them.

I have 4 years experience in the Manufacturing domain. Now I am part of the core team responsible for implementing SAP for our organization. But my role has not been purely technical in nature, rather I have had a chance to look into the operational processes followed in the organization and suggest, implement effiecient ways of improving it thru use of SAP.

I am really keen to continue my work in the Supply Chain function after my MBA and therefore want to get into MBA with specialization in operations.

I am mostly looking at Asia or the US region. I wanted help in which colleges should I be looking at that offer a good MBA in operations.

Also, any tips on how I can go thru the options on my own are also welcome.

TIA,

Sanket
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 7

Re: MBA with Operations as major [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 01:32
This post received
KUDOS
shakysanky wrote:
Hi Folks,

Just starting with my GMAT prep. I have a few doubts in my mind...would appreciate if someone could help me out with them.

I have 4 years experience in the Manufacturing domain. Now I am part of the core team responsible for implementing SAP for our organization. But my role has not been purely technical in nature, rather I have had a chance to look into the operational processes followed in the organization and suggest, implement effiecient ways of improving it thru use of SAP.

I am really keen to continue my work in the Supply Chain function after my MBA and therefore want to get into MBA with specialization in operations.

I am mostly looking at Asia or the US region. I wanted help in which colleges should I be looking at that offer a good MBA in operations.

TIA,

Sanket

Hi Sanket,

Smeal College of Business has a a well known concentration in SCM- it is among the best in US b-schools. Please also consider MIT Sloan, Wharton, Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) and Michigan Ross - these suggestions are made on the assumption that you will apply with a competitive GMAT score and GPA, and have solid achievements to talk about.

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 22

Re: MBA with Operations as major [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 07:54
This post received
KUDOS
MBADecoder wrote:
shakysanky wrote:
Hi Folks,

TIA,

Sanket

Hi Sanket,

Smeal College of Business has a a well known concentration in SCM- it is among the best in US b-schools. Please also consider MIT Sloan, Wharton, Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) and Michigan Ross - these suggestions are made on the assumption that you will apply with a competitive GMAT score and GPA, and have solid achievements to talk about.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com

Mam, what typical scores are required to get through this college?? And hows the return value for these industries if one looks to come to India post 2-3 yrs of job abroad???

Another question, what universities would you suggest for a career in energy sector consultancy????

Thanks in advance!!!!
Re: MBA with Operations as major   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2013, 07:54