Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 16:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs part time MBA at Houston

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

McCombs part time MBA at Houston [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2007, 07:40
I would like to find out how good is the part time MBA option. Specifically how is the McCombs School part time MBA at Houston?
Do I still get the same employment opportunities as a full time MBA?
Is the recruitment/placement the same way as the full time MBA?
What are the ways to compare and analyze a career change by doing MBA?
How do you fare 2-3 years of work experience before doing an MBA?

Please provide your opinions and thoughts.
Thanks.

Demi
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs part time MBA at Houston [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2007, 10:53
demi wrote:
I would like to find out how good is the part time MBA option. Specifically how is the McCombs School part time MBA at Houston?
Do I still get the same employment opportunities as a full time MBA?
Is the recruitment/placement the same way as the full time MBA?
What are the ways to compare and analyze a career change by doing MBA?
How do you fare 2-3 years of work experience before doing an MBA?

Please provide your opinions and thoughts.
Thanks.

Demi

Strictly Opinion here: Honestly, I think the McCombs part time MBA in Houston is strictly taking advantage of the large oil and gas industry located in and around the Houston area. Thus, they take experienced engineers and project managers who maintain their jobs during the program, and thus come out with jobs already. So, their placement is probably near 100 percent, but they mainly have jobs before entering the program. I just don't think Part Time programs are for career switchers, and I don't really know what the prospects would be if you pursue a Part Time MBA then try to change careers. I wouldn't say it can't happen, but if it happens, it would up to the individual almost entirely.

Again, just an opinion. - And, for my two cents, if you're going to do a part time program in Houston, go to the University of Houston. Of course, I'm biased, its my undergrad alma mater.
Re: McCombs part time MBA at Houston   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2007, 10:53