Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 19:37
Is there anyone who has not got an interview invitation yet? Or does anybody knows that if McCombs is still sending out interview invitations?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 08:25
I have not received an invitation. I'm hoping they are still reviewing applications.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 14:53
I just got my invite to interview and I....am....pumped. It's somewhat of a short time frame (11/16 deadline) given other engagements that I'm unable to miss, such as other interviews, weddings (who gets married during football season?), and family coming to town. It doesn't look like I'll be making it to Austin, so I'll be looking to do one with a local alum.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 16:30
Hi, what's the difference between interviews by alum vs. admin board members? Is there a difference? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 16
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 17:52
Hi All,

Can any of you shed some light on TOEFL requirement by McCombs?

Despite having an undergraduate and post graduate degrees in English, does one have to take TOEFL??
Current Student
Status: Now or never
Joined: 07 Aug 2010
Posts: 326
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 23:33
JohnnyNoMoney wrote:
Hi, what's the difference between interviews by alum vs. admin board members? Is there a difference? Thanks!


I am not sure how the interviews conducted by different people could vary , ultimately any person who tries to interview you would try to gauze your fitness for the school. Though I have read on forums few people being rejected after being interviewed by 2nd year students , but as such I am not convinced with the argument that a adcom member > alum > 2nd year student in terms of your chances of being selected. The school also looks for your availability and would try to give you the best possible option for your interview. Having said that I would still recommend you to try your best to get and interview from the adcom members(if possible).
_________________

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Current Student
Status: Now or never
Joined: 07 Aug 2010
Posts: 326
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 23:38
mvikred wrote:
Hi All,

Can any of you shed some light on TOEFL requirement by McCombs?

Despite having an undergraduate and post graduate degrees in English, does one have to take TOEFL??



Have a look at this link --->

http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... tions.aspx

under this look in Application material and check if your country falls under country list mentioned by McCombs for TOEFL waiver. If you are not convinced even after this , I would suggest you to call or drop an email to the adcom members and tell them about your case. It might be possible to get a waiver if you can get a letter from your Undergrad or Post grad institute stating that your medium of instruction was english , though it sounds really weird that it would not be for a degree in English :D
_________________

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Current Student
Status: Now or never
Joined: 07 Aug 2010
Posts: 326
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 23:41
fawad1982 wrote:
Done with my interview today. it was with an alumini in my city, very conversational in nature. She was very kind in not letting me feel at any point of time that it was admission interview. The interview wasn't blind, she was aware of my profile and resume. Good luck to everyone else.


Would request you to mention a debrief of your interview if you are comfortable so that perspective students have some idea about the interviews.
_________________

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 00:02
crackHSW wrote:
fawad1982 wrote:
Done with my interview today. it was with an alumini in my city, very conversational in nature. She was very kind in not letting me feel at any point of time that it was admission interview. The interview wasn't blind, she was aware of my profile and resume. Good luck to everyone else.


Would request you to mention a debrief of your interview if you are comfortable so that perspective students have some idea about the interviews.


Apart from expected talk about tell me about yourself, why MBA, why mccombs, what do you expect from mba and what will you give, I was also asked about one misconception my colleagues, friends usually have about me, what I don't like about my work and what will be the biggest non academic challenge at mccombs.

The interview was very informal and conversational. Please feel free to ask if you want to anything specific. Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Nov 2011
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 08:32
Hey everyone,

Don't know why I ended up back on GMATclub, maybe it's because I'm trying to do anything to avoid completing this assignment due for class tomorrow :-D

Anyways, I am currently a first year student at McCombs, and have just finished the first quarter of core classes. I may not be able to get to your question super-quick, but I can try to answer any inquiries in regards to the admissions process (that I know of, official questions should probably go to MAC), school life in general, Austin, etc. (e.g. anything). Give me a shout if you wish.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:38
crackHSW wrote:
JohnnyNoMoney wrote:
Hi, what's the difference between interviews by alum vs. admin board members? Is there a difference? Thanks!


I am not sure how the interviews conducted by different people could vary , ultimately any person who tries to interview you would try to gauze your fitness for the school. Though I have read on forums few people being rejected after being interviewed by 2nd year students , but as such I am not convinced with the argument that a adcom member > alum > 2nd year student in terms of your chances of being selected. The school also looks for your availability and would try to give you the best possible option for your interview. Having said that I would still recommend you to try your best to get and interview from the adcom members(if possible).


Interviews with Alumni are only conducted off-campus. Interviews with an Admissions Board Members are done on-campus at McCombs. These interviews are conducted by 2nd year students that are members of the Admissions Committee (MAC). Both types of interviews are weighted equally and the same questions are asked in each. You should choose your type of interview based on your availability.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:40
crackHSW wrote:
mvikred wrote:
Hi All,

Can any of you shed some light on TOEFL requirement by McCombs?

Despite having an undergraduate and post graduate degrees in English, does one have to take TOEFL??



Have a look at this link --->

http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... tions.aspx

under this look in Application material and check if your country falls under country list mentioned by McCombs for TOEFL waiver. If you are not convinced even after this , I would suggest you to call or drop an email to the adcom members and tell them about your case. It might be possible to get a waiver if you can get a letter from your Undergrad or Post grad institute stating that your medium of instruction was english , though it sounds really weird that it would not be for a degree in English :D


If you are a resident of a country where the main language is not English, a TOEFL is typically required. Please visit the link posted above, as well as the following link to better understand if you are required to submit a TOEFL score: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/test_scores.html

If you have further questions, please email TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 07:00
narmstro wrote:
Can a student or someone from the MAC explain the notification process really quick? Do the notifications come out on the date listed on the website or is that a no later than date?

I feel MSB is my reach school, but having already been offered admission at the two schools lower on my list has definitely built up some confidence, so I'm going for it.


Decision notifications will be emailed on the date posted on the website. Some time zones may receive the notification the day prior.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Posts: 25
Schools: Duke, Emory, UNC Chapel Hill
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 07:17
Hi,

Can any share your interview experience for McCombs?
What questions were asked and any general tips?

Thanks!
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1101
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 08:34
Expert's post
crackHSW wrote:
I am not sure how the interviews conducted by different people could vary , ultimately any person who tries to interview you would try to gauze your fitness for the school. Though I have read on forums few people being rejected after being interviewed by 2nd year students , but as such I am not convinced with the argument that a adcom member > alum > 2nd year student in terms of your chances of being selected. The school also looks for your availability and would try to give you the best possible option for your interview. Having said that I would still recommend you to try your best to get and interview from the adcom members(if possible).

Can’t speak for McCombs admission. I always thought it would be better to interview with SY or alum, because you can have a more engaging conversation. Students and alums can give you a better glimpse of life during and after MBA. This allows you to build a more personal connection through questions. With AdCom, they do not have that perspective, and the conversation feels more transactional. Maybe it is just my personal preference. A proxy of your preference could be job interviews. Do you like to interview with HR or with the direct manager?
_________________

Diversity

Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
interview invites [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 08:46
do any of u know the inside process for mccombs interview invite process? Like usually when will the bulk of invites go out for this year? Have they already gone out? And if the pRocess is
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 09:27
arjungupta wrote:
Hi,

Can any share your interview experience for McCombs?
What questions were asked and any general tips?

Thanks!

Please refer my previous post.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 09:56
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 362
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 09:59
I am international applicant.
I submitted my application on 16th oct.
The next day I received an email - Texas MBA: Post Submission Information

However , when I login to WIO website , it still shows
"Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin."

please help
_________________

Lahoosaher

Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 12:49
Crmson10 wrote:
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?


I second this question!
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2012, 12:49
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) Evening MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:09
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin): Exec MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 15 Feb 2013, 08:10
Moved topic 118 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants crackHSW 993 26 Sep 2012, 12:15
Popular new posts 10 McCombs(UT Austin) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants. hailmary 145 01 Apr 2013, 14:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50    Next  [ 994 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.