Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 09:58
Are we going to hear anything from mccombs before notification date? I had submitted app on 16th, got invite on 19th and did my int on 24th. It is so quite since then, this wait is killing me :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 18:11
Just wondering if I'm the only person that hasn't received the interview invite yet. I checked my status online and it still says "In Review" :?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 12:07
At the end of the McCombs webinar today, one of the current students who is part of the McCombs Admission Committee mentioned that interview invites will be sent out up to a week or so before the decision notification date. Just FYI for those who haven't received an invite yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Location: United States (LA)
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT Date: 12-07-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Science (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:24
I will be applying for either Round 3 or Round 4 at McComb. I'm originally from the Philippines and now a residence of the US for 7 years. I will surely appreciate if anyone of you could give me an advice on the possibility of being accepted for their Professional MBA Program.

Experience:3 years-lead research scientist and project manager at environmental NGO; 2.5 years- research scientist at the University; 5 years- biologist manager working with the state government
Undergraduate: Fisheries Science with 3.7 GPA in the Philippines
Graduate : MS Oceanography with 3.1 GPA at the Louisiana State University
Specialization: computational and numerical modelling of fisheries and aquatic populations; integrating GIS models to fisheries and aquatic habitat management.
I have also 5 peer reviewed publication more than 20 local and international research conference presentations.
Currently managing more than $1 million worth of project.
GMAT:700
Age: 37
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:26
lcharm wrote:
Crmson10 wrote:
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?


I second this question!


Interview invitations are still being released as applications from Round 1 are reviewed.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:30
sciencemba wrote:
I will be applying for either Round 3 or Round 4 at McComb. I'm originally from the Philippines and now a residence of the US for 7 years. I will surely appreciate if anyone of you could give me an advice on the possibility of being accepted for their Professional MBA Program.

Experience:3 years-lead research scientist and project manager at environmental NGO; 2.5 years- research scientist at the University; 5 years- biologist manager working with the state government
Undergraduate: Fisheries Science with 3.7 GPA in the Philippines
Graduate : MS Oceanography with 3.1 GPA at the Louisiana State University
Specialization: computational and numerical modelling of fisheries and aquatic populations; integrating GIS models to fisheries and aquatic habitat management.
I have also 5 peer reviewed publication more than 20 local and international research conference presentations.
Currently managing more than $1 million worth of project.
GMAT:700
Age: 37


It is best to refer to the McCombs class profile to understand if your qualifications are within the range of the most recently admitted McCombs class: http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... ofile.aspx. However, we strongly encourage you to apply because there are many different components of the application that show our applicants different qualities and strengths.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 15:44
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 17:10
jh03e wrote:
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.

Yes, just a marketing email sent to everyone.

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with MBA. I just received it as well and I have heard nothing yet on interviews
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 17:13
lcharm wrote:
jh03e wrote:
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.

Yes, just a marketing email sent to everyone.

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with MBA. I just received it as well and I have heard nothing yet on interviews

Great, thanks for reply!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 08:12
jh03e wrote:
lcharm wrote:
jh03e wrote:
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.

Yes, just a marketing email sent to everyone.

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with MBA. I just received it as well and I have heard nothing yet on interviews

Great, thanks for reply!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yes, this email was just additional information on other Master's programs within the McCombs School of Business. It has no impact on your MBA application.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 33
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.84
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 15:11
Got invited for an interview for the executive program. :o
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 04:08
Does anyone know about McCombs' attitude toward re-applicants? Specially the ones who were waitlisted last year?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 08:59
McCombsStudent wrote:
akun08 wrote:
Does anyone know about McCombs' attitude toward re-applicants? Specially the ones who were waitlisted last year?


Re-applicants are given heavy consideration. Be sure to use the optional essay to explain how your application has improved since your last application.


Done that already.. Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GRE 1: 323 Q164 V159
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 11:46
Hi,

I am applying for McCombs Business school in round 2. My GRE score is 323(Q- 164, V- 159 ), its GMAT equivalent is 690.
I have gone through the UT Austin site a myriad times to understand their vision and expectations. Currently I am in the process of filling my application and essays. I am not worried much about LORs as I have 6.4 years of IT experience and did good work. But I am very apprehensive about the essays, it has word limit and I am facing hard time to connect all scattered point and make a story.

Any advice would be good.

Note - My focus is only on UT Austin- McComb business school and I desperately want to join MBA fall 2013 batch, if there is any body from 2012 or previous batches, please let me know if I can pm them for MBA/UT Austin related queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Namrta Mahajan
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 2996
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 04:39
Expert's post
Thanks for the info dude. More than an hour! and it looks like they really grilled you. which I find is always a positive sign. That they really take great care in selecting their student body.
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Schools: Kelley '15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 08:15
I submitted the application in 15th Sep, now I still not get the interview notification. I called the admission office and they told me they would send invitation till Dec. But I feel there is no hope~~~~ :cry:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 13:10
hey,
This question might be off the current topic but I wanted to know if anyone here knows a way to view the uploaded documents in the Mccombs application system? Unlike other schools application system, Mccombs does not show the uploaded documents, which is very weird. Anyhow, can anyone guide me on this? Thanx
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 06:03
MSfaspirer wrote:
hey,
This question might be off the current topic but I wanted to know if anyone here knows a way to view the uploaded documents in the Mccombs application system? Unlike other schools application system, Mccombs does not show the uploaded documents, which is very weird. Anyhow, can anyone guide me on this? Thanx


Are you referring to the application itself (bio data, essays, etc.) or the supplemental materials (GMAT report, transcript, etc.)? If you're referring to the application itself, below are the instructions. If it's the supplemental stuff, you can check the status from the GIAC site. I'm not sure the GIAC site will let you view the supp. materials, though, because it's there as a status check.

Dashboard homepage >
Under "Apply Online," click the link "Application submitted" >
Under #1, select, "View your completed and submitted application"
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 04:15
Hi All,

Any chance of getting interview invite now?
Really starting to worry now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 18:15
In the personal info section there is a question that asks for an answer in 140 characters. Does it mean 140 words or 140 alphabets? Am I reading it right?
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2012, 18:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 McCombs(UT Austin) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants. hailmary 145 01 Apr 2013, 14:55
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin): Exec MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 15 Feb 2013, 08:10
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) Evening MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50    Next  [ 994 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.