Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 21:45
Hi All - for the letters of recommendation, it looks like the recommendations are submitted after the application is submitted. Does anyone know whether these can be submitted after the deadline? If so, how long after can they be submitted? Any experiences people can share?

Thanks!
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 18:29
sashankmnm wrote:
In the personal info section there is a question that asks for an answer in 140 characters. Does it mean 140 words or 140 alphabets? Am I reading it right?


If you're talking about the part in the personal info. section that states, "Immediately Post MBA," it's asking for 140 "alphabets", if you want to call it that. It includes the number of letters, spaces, and punctuation symbols. For example, my response here was 220 characters, including spaces.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 13:28
timetoapply101 wrote:
Hi All - for the letters of recommendation, it looks like the recommendations are submitted after the application is submitted. Does anyone know whether these can be submitted after the deadline? If so, how long after can they be submitted? Any experiences people can share?

Thanks!


All letters of recommendation must be submitted prior to the round deadline, in addition to the application, submitted by the student. If the recommendations are received after the deadline, the application review will be bumped to the next round.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 13:30
spouser wrote:
So, looking at previous posts, it looks like most invitations for interviews were sent out within 3 weeks of the deadline? Just wondering when I might hear about an interview for R2 (haven't submitted app yet).


Round 2 Interview Invitations may be received as soon as next week after the Round deadline, however there will be a lull in application review throughout the holiday season.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 13:32
Aimhigh2012 wrote:
Hi All,

Any chance of getting interview invite now?
Really starting to worry now.


Yes, interview invitations may still be sent out as the review of Round 1 applications are continuing.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: NTU '15
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 10:08
Hi ,

See there any Indian who applied to R1 without TOEFL score and got a call? Please reply asap as based on the reply I would plan to apply in R2
The website doesn't lists India in the list of countries whose applicants can waive Toefl
Btw I belong to an institute where the mode of teaching is English

Thanks
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 19
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 10:25
vibhuti88agr wrote:
Hi ,

See there any Indian who applied to R1 without TOEFL score and got a call? Please reply asap as based on the reply I would plan to apply in R2
The website doesn't lists India in the list of countries whose applicants can waive Toefl
Btw I belong to an institute where the mode of teaching is English

Thanks


Hi Vibhuti,

I wrote to McCombs to waive the TOEFL and they did. They have confirmed that India has been added to the list. I suggest you write to the admissions team and get a written confirmation from them. This will reassure you and tomorrow if the admission comes back to ask you for a score, you have an email to show them why you didnt send them one.

Best,
Sadhvika
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1742
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3048 [0], given: 890

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:33
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado


Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 03:03
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my app to McCombs and would like to get some inputs on the 2nd essay.

I wanted to know how you are approaching/approached "most +ive impact you have had till date" essay. While I understand that it can either be a professional or a personal story, what is the general consensus ? I am tilted towards a personal story. Also, can the personal story be related to helping a friend (financially and otherwise) who was in a bad situation and how that help had a larger +ive impact (impacting his family, etc) ?

For "+ive impact as a MBA student" I am considering talking about how I plan to contribute towards some of the student groups, etc. Is that the right approach (I know there is no "right" approach :-D but would like to hear your thoughts) ?

And finally for "+ive impact post graduation" can we talk about how the long term professional goal (which will be touched upon in essay 1) will have a +ive impact or does it have to be something else ?

I am on a tight time line and hence would sincerely appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Posts: 48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 14:14
Hi everyone. I'm going to apply today, 3rd of December, one day before 2nd round deadline, and wanted to ask if any one knows when they will start sending invitations for the interview.

Thanks in advance
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
Schools: McCombs '15 (M)
WE: Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 43

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 14:42
I'm applying to McCombs round 2. I was just looking over the application instructions one last time and found this line:

Quote:
McCombs does not accept additional documents after you submit your application.


I had been hoping to submit the grade for a class I am taking currently after the deadline, as the class isn't over until mid-month. Does anyone have any experience with this situation at McCombs?

Thanks.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Winter is Coming!
Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 20:51
This might be a silly question but did anyone make a Pinterest account and 'create a board labeled “Why the Texas MBA is for me?”'?. I have never used Pinterest so before I start Pinteresting things I wanted to see what the general consensus was about this creative little twist at the end of the application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 02:08
Hello Everyone

I am trying to fill the application form and see a 140 character "Immediately after MBA" question about where I see myself immediately after graduation from the Texas MBA.

Is this question:

1. Asking us to restate short term career goal in a concise manner or

2. The industry where we want to work or

3. The location within the US or otherwise where we would like to work

Request inputs at the earliest please. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 05:32
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my app to McCombs and would like to get some inputs on the 2nd essay.

I wanted to know how you are approaching/approached "most +ive impact you have had till date" essay. While I understand that it can either be a professional or a personal story, what is the general consensus ? I am tilted towards a personal story. Also, can the personal story be related to helping a friend (financially and otherwise) who was in a bad situation and how that help had a larger +ive impact (impacting his family, etc) ?

For "+ive impact as a MBA student" I am considering talking about how I plan to contribute towards some of the student groups, etc. Is that the right approach (I know there is no "right" approach :-D but would like to hear your thoughts) ?

And finally for "+ive impact post graduation" can we talk about how the long term professional goal (which will be touched upon in essay 1) will have a +ive impact or does it have to be something else ?

I am on a tight time line and hence would sincerely appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.


Yes, the second essay can illustrate a personal or professional story, just be sure that whichever store you choose, it clearly answers the prompt and in the most descriptive way possible. It is also a way for the Admissions Committee to see how you intend to use your time while in school and then after you have received the degree. You are correct in that there is no "right" way to approach each question - just be sure you clearly answer each prompt.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 05:33
shmirill wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm going to apply today, 3rd of December, one day before 2nd round deadline, and wanted to ask if any one knows when they will start sending invitations for the interview.

Thanks in advance


Interview invitations will begin to be distributed next week.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 08:10
McCombsStudent wrote:
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my app to McCombs and would like to get some inputs on the 2nd essay.

I wanted to know how you are approaching/approached "most +ive impact you have had till date" essay. While I understand that it can either be a professional or a personal story, what is the general consensus ? I am tilted towards a personal story. Also, can the personal story be related to helping a friend (financially and otherwise) who was in a bad situation and how that help had a larger +ive impact (impacting his family, etc) ?

For "+ive impact as a MBA student" I am considering talking about how I plan to contribute towards some of the student groups, etc. Is that the right approach (I know there is no "right" approach :-D but would like to hear your thoughts) ?

And finally for "+ive impact post graduation" can we talk about how the long term professional goal (which will be touched upon in essay 1) will have a +ive impact or does it have to be something else ?

I am on a tight time line and hence would sincerely appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.


Yes, the second essay can illustrate a personal or professional story, just be sure that whichever store you choose, it clearly answers the prompt and in the most descriptive way possible. It is also a way for the Admissions Committee to see how you intend to use your time while in school and then after you have received the degree. You are correct in that there is no "right" way to approach each question - just be sure you clearly answer each prompt.


Thank you. This helps.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2007
Posts: 157
Schools: The University of Texas at Austin
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:04
Hey all, McCombs 2010 FT MBA graduate here. I thought I'd stop by and offer to answer any questions that you might have. Please feel free to PM me directly or post on this thread.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:26
Of all the apps I've completed, this is far and away the least user-friendly. Painful!

I'll be submitting this evening.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sick of Refreshing Email
Joined: 10 Mar 2011
Posts: 100
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 10:04
I love the school, the program, the students and have been there quite a few times.

Except for one reco , all my app is ready but I still cant submit. I hope I dont miss UT because of this.

Is reco in letter format acceptable, because my boss has prepared it in old school format? He said additional days might not lead to significant improvement.

Rest of my app looks good. I am a little stressed.
_________________

Thanks
Sumeet
www.midasreturns.wordpress.com

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1120
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 329 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:31
Expert's post
vatsas wrote:
I love the school, the program, the students and have been there quite a few times.

Except for one reco , all my app is ready but I still cant submit. I hope I dont miss UT because of this.

Is reco in letter format acceptable, because my boss has prepared it in old school format? He said additional days might not lead to significant improvement.

Rest of my app looks good. I am a little stressed.
Some schools allow you to submit the application without all the recommendations being in, and will even give you a grace period after the deadline for the recommendation submission. If McComb allows you to do this, you should just submit the application to avoid missing the deadline.
_________________

Diversity

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2012, 12:31
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 McCombs(UT Austin) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants. hailmary 145 01 Apr 2013, 14:55
118 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants crackHSW 993 26 Sep 2012, 12:15
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin): Exec MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 15 Feb 2013, 08:10
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) Evening MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  50    Next  [ 994 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.