Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 10:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 69
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 00:57
fitzmanon wrote:
shmirill wrote:
slugabedd wrote:
I also got an interview invite, but being in India, I am unable to visit the campus for an interview. I have opted for an interview with an Alumnus. I have already contacted him 4 days ago but yet to receive any notification from him. What do I do in such a situation. Any advise will be helpful.

Also, any interview advise?


Same here... contacted Alumnus in my country two days ago, and still no answer... should i just schedule a Skype interview?


Same for me in R1. Send an email to the admission office to explain the situation. They'll tell you how much longer to wait before getting back to them and then set a skype interview.


Will follow up with the alumnus once before contacting adcom. Hopefully, I can get PI rather than a skype interview. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 09:24
Are you talking about round 2 interviews? I still haven't heard from them :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: Oracle Certified Professional
Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 36
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 14:16
Hi,

Got an interview invite. I'm from Bangladesh and I have to opt for Skype. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Rupok
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 16:46
I am in McCombs for Round 1. Does anyone receive admission letter or package from McCombs?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 17:05
Can those of you who received R2 interview mention the date you receive it? Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q42 V51
GPA: 3.42
WE: Project Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 17:46
Anyone remember what day they said they were mailing out the official info packets to admitted students? I thought it was Dec. 20-something, but can't recall exactly. That info can't come soon enough since we can't really begin to make decisions until scholarship info is known.
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 20:08
wi11iedigital wrote:
Anyone remember what day they said they were mailing out the official info packets to admitted students? I thought it was Dec. 20-something, but can't recall exactly. That info can't come soon enough since we can't really begin to make decisions until scholarship info is known.


I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: App almost ready
Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Posts: 42
Location: South Africa
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 22:30
Anyone waitlisted ?? Any current students who were waitlited and got through. Seems like Mccombs will contact the waitlisted students .. need some help here..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 03:41
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
Schools: McCombs '15 (M)
WE: Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 43

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 05:28
Quote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.




How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 05:46
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.




How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 06:32
scorpion82 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.




How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.


The deposit info is a bit obscure to find until you reply with your official decision. From there, they send you an email link to the pay site. Scorpion, no, my GIAC status still hasn't changed, and I haven't gotten an official notification letter or package yet.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 09:34
Has anyone else made their final decision on McCombs? The front page doesn't show anyone else matriculating.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 11:37
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:30
ygyh wrote:
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?


Try to answer as many questions as you can from the McCombs website, this blog, etc.; however, the email for specific questions is TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu. Hope this helps.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GRE 1: 323 Q164 V159
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:34
ygyh wrote:
Can those of you who received R2 interview mention the date you receive it? Thanks.


I submitted my application in R2 and got an invite yesterday night 2pm IST.

Thanks,
Namrta Khanna,
India, Bangalore.
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 14:00
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2012
Posts: 7
Location: Mexico
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 14:03
Just received my interview invitation for round 2! I'm from Mexico, I've scheduled an off-site interview with an alumni...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 18:50
USAFinDenver wrote:
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 20:01
scorpion82 wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?


My email mentioned the gift, too, but my guess is that it's a hat, t-shirt, or something else (considering I was told I didn't get a scholarship). I didn't see the scholarship info on there, but I was making an educated guess. Scholarships were very rare in R1 last year, too. I went through last year's thread, and pulled out the scholarship excerpts:


"I got my scholarship e-mail at 5:30 CST. Titled "Some special news from McCombs!"

"I found out about the scholarship a couple days after acceptance and then I sent in my deposit. I learned about it from an email about 20 hours after my acceptance email. I came back to a message from 19 Dec saying congratulations and adding that I would be receiving more information about McCombs in a later email. They mentioned they don't give very many; the scholarships they offer range from $2k-$10k/year."

"Just got a scholarship email."

"I also got a scholarship email on Friday 2/24 ... out-of-state tuition waiver and some $$."
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2012, 20:01
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 McCombs(UT Austin) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants. hailmary 145 01 Apr 2013, 14:55
118 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants crackHSW 993 26 Sep 2012, 12:15
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin): Exec MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 15 Feb 2013, 08:10
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) Evening MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  50    Next  [ 994 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.