Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 06:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 20:08
wi11iedigital wrote:
Anyone remember what day they said they were mailing out the official info packets to admitted students? I thought it was Dec. 20-something, but can't recall exactly. That info can't come soon enough since we can't really begin to make decisions until scholarship info is known.

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 22:30
Anyone waitlisted ?? Any current students who were waitlited and got through. Seems like Mccombs will contact the waitlisted students .. need some help here..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 03:41
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
Schools: McCombs '15 (M)
WE: Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 43

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 05:28
Quote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 05:46
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 06:32
scorpion82 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.

The deposit info is a bit obscure to find until you reply with your official decision. From there, they send you an email link to the pay site. Scorpion, no, my GIAC status still hasn't changed, and I haven't gotten an official notification letter or package yet.

Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 09:34
Has anyone else made their final decision on McCombs? The front page doesn't show anyone else matriculating.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 11:37
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:30
ygyh wrote:
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?

Try to answer as many questions as you can from the McCombs website, this blog, etc.; however, the email for specific questions is TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu. Hope this helps.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: 323 Q164 V159
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:34
ygyh wrote:
Can those of you who received R2 interview mention the date you receive it? Thanks.

I submitted my application in R2 and got an invite yesterday night 2pm IST.

Thanks,
Namrta Khanna,
India, Bangalore.
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 14:00
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 14:03
Just received my interview invitation for round 2! I'm from Mexico, I've scheduled an off-site interview with an alumni...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 18:50
USAFinDenver wrote:
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 20:01
scorpion82 wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:

I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?

My email mentioned the gift, too, but my guess is that it's a hat, t-shirt, or something else (considering I was told I didn't get a scholarship). I didn't see the scholarship info on there, but I was making an educated guess. Scholarships were very rare in R1 last year, too. I went through last year's thread, and pulled out the scholarship excerpts:

"I got my scholarship e-mail at 5:30 CST. Titled "Some special news from McCombs!"

"I found out about the scholarship a couple days after acceptance and then I sent in my deposit. I learned about it from an email about 20 hours after my acceptance email. I came back to a message from 19 Dec saying congratulations and adding that I would be receiving more information about McCombs in a later email. They mentioned they don't give very many; the scholarships they offer range from $2k-$10k/year."

"Just got a scholarship email."

"I also got a scholarship email on Friday 2/24 ... out-of-state tuition waiver and some $$."
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 20:09
USAFinDenver wrote:
scorpion82 wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:

My email mentioned the gift, too, but my guess is that it's a hat, t-shirt, or something else (considering I was told I didn't get a scholarship). I didn't see the scholarship info on there, but I was making an educated guess. Scholarships were very rare in R1 last year, too. I went through last year's thread, and pulled out the scholarship excerpts:

"I got my scholarship e-mail at 5:30 CST. Titled "Some special news from McCombs!"

"I found out about the scholarship a couple days after acceptance and then I sent in my deposit. I learned about it from an email about 20 hours after my acceptance email. I came back to a message from 19 Dec saying congratulations and adding that I would be receiving more information about McCombs in a later email. They mentioned they don't give very many; the scholarships they offer range from $2k-$10k/year."

"Just got a scholarship email."

"I also got a scholarship email on Friday 2/24 ... out-of-state tuition waiver and some $$."

I stand corrected in terms of scholarship timing. The very bottom of the welcome email states, "If you were awarded an admissions scholarship, you will receive another email from me later. Please note that only those who received scholarships will be contacted."
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 14

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 19:45
Just received my interview invitation for round 2.

Indian/Male/31

My Oxford MBA 2013-2014 blog - http://oxonian2013mba.wordpress.com/

Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 21:53
adee009 wrote:
Anyone waitlisted ?? Any current students who were waitlited and got through. Seems like Mccombs will contact the waitlisted students .. need some help here..

McCombs will contact you when they are ready to review your application. They may begin to look at waitlisted applications again towards the end of the round 2 notification period, however they do not necessarily review all waitlisted applications at one time.

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 21:54
LN03FZL wrote:
Are you talking about round 2 interviews? I still haven't heard from them :(

Still have plenty of time to hear about Round 2 interview invites!

Manager
Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 21:54
laidmn wrote:
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!

Congrats!!

Manager
Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 21:58
USAFinDenver wrote:
scorpion82 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

GIAC status will take longer to update because McCombs has to provide all of that information to the office and then they need to process it accordingly. Especially with the Winter Break holiday it may take even longer to update. However, there is no need to be concerned about the GIAC status page - your status on the McCombs application page is all that really matters.

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2012, 21:58