Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 23:14
Anyone waitlisted students heard anything from the adcom????
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 9

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 02:29
Does anyone know where I can find the latest employment report for McCombs? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 9

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 03:10
crackHSW wrote:
RR666 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the latest employment report for McCombs? Thanks.

Here you go :

mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full-Time/Career/Statistics.as

Thanks a lot. 1 Kudo for you :)
Though I was also looking for a list of companies and types of roles
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 09:20
RR666 wrote:
crackHSW wrote:
RR666 wrote:

Here you go :

mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full-Time/Career/Statistics.as

Thanks a lot. 1 Kudo for you :)
Though I was also looking for a list of companies and types of roles

What I think you're looking for was handed out as a printout when I attended a local info session in November, but I haven't seen it online anywhere. Maybe just give the admissions office a call and they can email a copy over to you
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q V

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 22:51
kschmidt1801 wrote:
Invited to interview. From the midwest.

Submitted 12/4
Invite 1/3

I haven't had the opportunity to visit McCombs or visit Austin in my life. I should really schedule an on campus interview, right?

I would. You have a strong profile, which might make the adcom a little suspicious of the seriousness of your McCombs application (Do you really want to be here? Is this your first choice? etc.) if you haven't had a lot of contact with the school prior to your application. I think showing up to the school shows commitment IMO.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 01:55
Got my Package today :) I have already paid the deposit though!

Hook `em!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 14

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 21:46
candayam wrote:
kschmidt1801 wrote:
Invited to interview. From the midwest.

Submitted 12/4
Invite 1/3

I haven't had the opportunity to visit McCombs or visit Austin in my life. I should really schedule an on campus interview, right?

I would. You have a strong profile, which might make the adcom a little suspicious of the seriousness of your McCombs application (Do you really want to be here? Is this your first choice? etc.) if you haven't had a lot of contact with the school prior to your application. I think showing up to the school shows commitment IMO.

Booked the flight and the interview for on campus. Thanks for thinking I have a strong profile, but McCombs is the only interview invite I've received yet. The waiting is seriously killing me...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 21:05
I too interviewed last week. Its difficult to be certain but I guess it went well. Being from India, staying up late in the night to interview was a killer. Hopefully should hear some good news in about a month. How was everyone else's interview exp?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:30
I submitted my application on 12/3, but I haven't received an invitation to interview. Does that mean waitlist? I am guessing that all invites have probably been sent out by now. 2/15 is the notification date, so it doesn't seem likely that interview invites would be sent out much later than now. Thoughts?
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Operations
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:36
UTMPA2011 wrote:
I submitted my application on 12/3, but I haven't received an invitation to interview. Does that mean waitlist? I am guessing that all invites have probably been sent out by now. 2/15 is the notification date, so it doesn't seem likely that interview invites would be sent out much later than now. Thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but if I don't hear about an interview in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to send my deposit to my #2 school.
Current Student
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:47
narmstro wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but if I don't hear about an interview in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to send my deposit to my #2 school.

Unfortunately, you're going to get the standard response that they send out interview invites up until a week before decision week. However, i know it took more than a month after the R1 deadline for Aimhigh2012 to get his invite, and he ended up getting admitted. Also, consider that the winter break will likely have delayed invites.

Last edited by USAFinDenver on 08 Jan 2013, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 18:16
narmstro wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

Narmstro, I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but McCombs likes former military. I don't know what offer you have at school #2, but I can tell you that McCombs doesn't cough up many scholarships for MBA students (unless you are female or a minority). Good luck to you.
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Operations

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 18:21
UTMPA2011 wrote:
narmstro wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

Narmstro, I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but McCombs likes former military. I don't know what offer you have at school #2, but I can tell you that McCombs doesn't cough up many scholarships for MBA students (unless you are female or a minority). Good luck to you.

I'm 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill eligible, so money really doesn't play a factor in my decision-making as long as the school participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which McCombs and Olin both do.
Current Student
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 18:38
UTMPA2011 wrote:
narmstro wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

Because it's in the state of Texas, UT attracts a large number of military applicants. They didn't even start waiving military app fees until this year. If you get in touch w/ the McCombs Armed Forces Alumni Association (AFAA), though, they may give you a candid response on what the typical admitted veteran profile looks like.

Last edited by USAFinDenver on 08 Jan 2013, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 18:52
Narmstro, I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but McCombs likes former military. I don't know what offer you have at school #2, but I can tell you that McCombs doesn't cough up many scholarships for MBA students (unless you are female or a minority). Good luck to you.[/quote]

I'm 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill eligible, so money really doesn't play a factor in my decision-making as long as the school participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which McCombs and Olin both do.[/quote]

Sweet! I didn't even know there were programs like that (money well spent in my opinion). By the way, thank you for your service. Have you visited militarymba.net? They have an interesting page about the best value MBAs for vets using the post-9/11 GI Bill.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 19:00
McCombsStudent wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

Definitely still time to hear on interview invitations. We're all just getting back from Winter Beak too, so no worries yet!

Thanks for letting us know! so may i ask starting when should we start worrying?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: NTU '15
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 23:13
McCombsStudent wrote:
vibhuti88agr wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a R2 applicant and got an interview invite today morning so I think all those who haven't received an invite yet can expect it till this weekend.

I chose for Offcampus interview but havent heard from the Alumni yet. How long should I wait for the alumni's revert? Should I write to another Alumni in my location?
Please help.
Thanks,
Vibhuti

Give the alumni three full business days to respond. If they have not responded by then, email them again as a soft reminder and wait another two days. If they have not responded after both attempts, go ahead and contact another alumni.

Hi, Thanks. Have just heard from the Alumni interviewer and have scheduled my interview next weekend.

Hope things will go fine :)
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 05:12
Any interview experiences? I have mine scheduled next week.
Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 06:01
zl2012 wrote:
McCombsStudent wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:

Definitely still time to hear on interview invitations. We're all just getting back from Winter Beak too, so no worries yet!

Thanks for letting us know! so may i ask starting when should we start worrying?

The admissions teams does not have a hard date as to when they suspend the distribution of interview invitations. I know it is difficult to wait, but unfortunately that is the process.

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 35

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 06:38
I've got my on campus interview on Monday. Is a suit recommended? Or are people going business casual? Thanks.
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2013, 06:38