Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GRE 1: 1450 Q760 V690
GPA: 3.9
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 11:55
In there like swimwear.

I asked about scholarship, and was told that those decisions weren't finalized yet. The lady I spoke with said that info would go out in the next couple weeks.

Congrats again to all admitted, and good luck to those waiting. They're still going through the call list.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 14

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 12:00
Was starting to get anxous but I just received my admit email at 2:56 PM EST !
_________________

http://oxonian2013mba.wordpress.com/

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 2.62
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 12:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got a phone call at 1:29pm CT offering admission. First admit for me, so all my stress about getting into business school at all has now vanished.

Excitinggggg!!!

Last edited by krasher134 on 13 Feb 2013, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 12:53
OxWing wrote:
In there like swimwear.

I asked about scholarship, and was told that those decisions weren't finalized yet. The lady I spoke with said that info would go out in the next couple weeks.

Congrats again to all admitted, and good luck to those waiting. They're still going through the call list.


Did they tell you that they are still going through the list?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 26
Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 12:59
In ! Just got an email from the Adcom. Didn't get a call earlier though. Keep up the hopes guys, good news will hit you soon!
_________________

Ah well, may those few last steps that remain unfold.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 15:46
Did anyone get a voicemail from adcom today saying they have a question about [your] application and to please call them back? I'm cautiously optimistic that they don't want to deliver good news over voicemail and that any questions would have been asked before this week, but I have not been able to get ahold of anyone yet today.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 17:29
Got the admit call this afternoon at ~ 3:40. Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 17:32
I am sure you are in. They didn't want to leave a message because they want to give you a big surprise. :-)

llapin wrote:
Did anyone get a voicemail from adcom today saying they have a question about [your] application and to please call them back? I'm cautiously optimistic that they don't want to deliver good news over voicemail and that any questions would have been asked before this week, but I have not been able to get ahold of anyone yet today.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 17:54
Thanks for the vote of confidence- I can definitely use it!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: NTU '15
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 21:12
Congrats to all who have got in! I am still waiting for the call / email and this wait is getting longer :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 21:21
I guess its safe to assume that scholarship decisions have not been made yet... however i wanted to ask any 1st round admits about how many scholarships were awarded and if they knew the general criteria for these..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 21:54
I have a question:

I applied to Emory, McCombs, USC and UCLA.

I got admission to Emory and I got waitlisted at McCombs. I'm really happy about my admission to Emory but McCombs is my top choice due to location and interests. I want to inform them about my admission to Emory to see if that'll help them move forward with making a decision on my position on the waitlist but I'm not sure about the best plan of action. Will it make a difference? Who should I contact?
Current Student
avatar
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Location: United States (CO)
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 22:02
viper1983 wrote:
I guess its safe to assume that scholarship decisions have not been made yet... however i wanted to ask any 1st round admits about how many scholarships were awarded and if they knew the general criteria for these..


Scholarships have been pretty rare, but you probably won't get exact info. from the school on quantity. Last year, a couple people reported the scholarships were between $2K-$12K. Of the 50 admitted gmatclub members from last year, 5 reported scholarships (which is strange because 3 of the 5 were in R3/R4. On the McCombs site, they say R2 is the priority deadline for scholarship consideration). This year, only 1 gmatclub member reported a scholarship in R1.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 09:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
HoustonChick wrote:
I have a question:

I applied to Emory, McCombs, USC and UCLA.

I got admission to Emory and I got waitlisted at McCombs. I'm really happy about my admission to Emory but McCombs is my top choice due to location and interests. I want to inform them about my admission to Emory to see if that'll help them move forward with making a decision on my position on the waitlist but I'm not sure about the best plan of action. Will it make a difference? Who should I contact?


To be honest, it does not make a difference and may hurt you in the end if you talk about other schools you were admitted to. If you really want to go to McCombs, I'd wait for them to review your application again on the waitlist and at that time make sure they understand how committed you are to attending McCombs and that you will accept an offer if they grant you admission. We only want students who reallyyy want to go to McCombs for the right reasons, so better to stay focused on that!
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (A)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 09:31
mbaUS2015 wrote:
angienayar wrote:
Did anyone who was wait-listed in r1 heard anything so far?



Not heard anything yet. Havent seen many waitlist candidates discussing anything on this forum. Not sure when will adcom come back.


The earliest you may start to see reviews of the waitlist will be after Round 2 decisions are delivered. BUT, does not mean everyone will be reviewed at the same time.
_________________

McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:03
Just got the call and email! Sounds like they're still working through the list!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:14
g7polo wrote:
Just got the call and email! Sounds like they're still working through the list!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Oh great ! Nice valentines surprise for you :) I hope I get through.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:17
McCombsStudent wrote:
mbaUS2015 wrote:
angienayar wrote:
Did anyone who was wait-listed in r1 heard anything so far?



Not heard anything yet. Havent seen many waitlist candidates discussing anything on this forum. Not sure when will adcom come back.


The earliest you may start to see reviews of the waitlist will be after Round 2 decisions are delivered. BUT, does not mean everyone will be reviewed at the same time.


Given that so many people have already been accepted... can R2 people hope for more positive replies tomo?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Marshall '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:38
HI All - I applied round 3 and have still not heard back for an interview invite. Does anyone know the timeline? Should I be worried?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Posts: 70
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 16:04
LN03FZL wrote:

Given that so many people have already been accepted... can R2 people hope for more positive replies tomo?


I am R3 interviewing in a couple of days and when I see all these R2 acceptances I am worried for us too. :-D
Just kidding, congrats guys.
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2013, 16:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
118 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants crackHSW 993 26 Sep 2012, 12:15
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin): Exec MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 15 Feb 2013, 08:10
Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs (UT Austin) Evening MBA 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  50    Next  [ 994 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.