Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 09:12
Got the decision notification email 2 minutes before midnight CST -- waitlisted :(. I guess it's better than a straight decline, but I'm wondering what their conversion rate is on waitlisting to acceptance
Current Student
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 09:17
Also waitlisted. Maybe people don't feel the need to get on a forum and tell everyone they were denied, but sure seems like the schools I applied to waitlisted a lot more people than they denied
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 09:27
clb2015 wrote:

Applied via the Consortium in that Round 1 application pool...[/quote]

I applied via the Consortium also (R2 on 1/5) and my status changed yesterday from "You have not started an application" to "Submitted," but a lot of my info wasn't present or was incorrect. I just think the mapping isn't perfect between the batched applications from CGSM and the McCombs status page.[/quote]

Lucky! Congrats on your status change! Still got my fingers crossed for an 'incomplete' to 'submitted' outcome in my near future!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 10:05
rrossjd, I sent you a PM with a couple of questions.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 12:18
Dinged!!! :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 12:51
Anyone else not receive an interview invite and then get wait listed? Seems strange...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.02

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 13:51
Any R2 applicants who have not hear anything yet? Its almost the end of the business day.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 14:09
suprax55 wrote:
Any R2 applicants who have not hear anything yet? Its almost the end of the business day.

How would any R2 not have heard yet? The decisions all went online at midnight, right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.02

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 14:12
brosnan6 wrote:
suprax55 wrote:

How would any R2 not have heard yet? The decisions all went online at midnight, right?

I am round 2 and got an interview invitation very late. Last Friday in fact and barely Interviewed this last monday. So not sure what is going on.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 2.76
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 15:26
As a R2 Consortium applicant, I just got a notification that my application is being imported into the system. Not exactly the "next steps" update that I was expecting, but at least it's progress...?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 15:49
Accepted. Congrats to everyone. Those on the waitlist, keep hope alive!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 35

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 15:52
suprax55 wrote:
brosnan6 wrote:
suprax55 wrote:

I am round 2 and got an interview invitation very late. Last Friday in fact and barely Interviewed this last monday. So not sure what is going on.

I think something is up with the system. I got the acceptance call the other day but I was told that I'd get an official email today. So far nothing, my status on the website hasn't changed either, it just says application submitted.

USAFinDenver mentioned that he didn't get the email until 4 days after the deadline. It's just strange that some go out at midnight and some don't go out until days later.

Current Student
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 16:03
I should clarify that. At midnight of the deadline, I got an email saying, "Your application for Texas Full Time MBA: Austin has been given a final decision. Please log in to the application website to see it." The 2nd email that came out was 4 days later and had info in regard to Facebook, Texas Friday, and the admitted student site. The 3rd email was a month later from GIAC.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: 319 Q159 V160
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 16:13
I feel you there. Definitely thought the same thing, only to get that email today as well. At least we'll know within three weeks!

noeldlt wrote:
As a R2 Consortium applicant, I just got a notification that my application is being imported into the system. Not exactly the "next steps" update that I was expecting, but at least it's progress...?

Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 16:21
McCombsStudent wrote:
HoustonChick wrote:
I have a question:

I applied to Emory, McCombs, USC and UCLA.

I got admission to Emory and I got waitlisted at McCombs. I'm really happy about my admission to Emory but McCombs is my top choice due to location and interests. I want to inform them about my admission to Emory to see if that'll help them move forward with making a decision on my position on the waitlist but I'm not sure about the best plan of action. Will it make a difference? Who should I contact?

To be honest, it does not make a difference and may hurt you in the end if you talk about other schools you were admitted to. If you really want to go to McCombs, I'd wait for them to review your application again on the waitlist and at that time make sure they understand how committed you are to attending McCombs and that you will accept an offer if they grant you admission. We only want students who reallyyy want to go to McCombs for the right reasons, so better to stay focused on that!

I bleed burnt orange and I am an alumnus. Does that help my chances?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 35

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 18:35
USAFinDenver wrote:
I should clarify that. At midnight of the deadline, I got an email saying, "Your application for Texas Full Time MBA: Austin has been given a final decision. Please log in to the application website to see it." The 2nd email that came out was 4 days later and had info in regard to Facebook, Texas Friday, and the admitted student site. The 3rd email was a month later from GIAC.

Ok I see, I didn't even get that email and my status hasn't been updated. Not sure why that is.

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 19:05
clb2015 wrote:
I feel you there. Definitely thought the same thing, only to get that email today as well. At least we'll know within three weeks!

noeldlt wrote:

I got the same email! What gives? Have they really not looked at our applications yet? It just seems strange since many people have already gotten acceptances...
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 06:34
I received the 'we are just now uploading your application' email too. I was stressed out all week wondering why I had not received an interview invite. Well now we know. Lol. This Consortium process throws us allll off the regular schedule. 3 more weeks. I hope I survive.

BTW: first post on the site...I've been lurking until now.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 05:45
R1 applicant.. Waitlisted without an interview in R1 .. Waitlisted again after the video interview in R2 !!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '15 (D)
GRE 1: 1430 Q760 V670
GPA: 3.47
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 08:42
Quote:
HI All - I applied round 3 and have still not heard back for an interview invite. Does anyone know the timeline? Should I be worried?

I'm in the same boat. I've got a higher than average GMAT score (using the GRE conversion), higher than average GPA, work for a target company in IB, have about average extra curriculars, and made it clear that McCombs was my top (really only) choice.

All that considered, I figured I was a sure thing for at least an interview. I applied about 2 and a half weeks prior to the R3 deadline even hoping that would push things along a bit. Yet, here I am without contact from them.

I'm wondering if a screwed myself a bit, because I originally applied to the Executive MBA program (graduated in '05), but switched to Full Time after that interview. I'm a little concerned they might view that move as me not having my focus clear just yet.
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2013, 08:42