Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT Date: 12-07-2012
GRE 1: Q46 V45
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
lcharm wrote:
Crmson10 wrote:
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?

I second this question!

Interview invitations are still being released as applications from Round 1 are reviewed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sciencemba wrote:
I will be applying for either Round 3 or Round 4 at McComb. I'm originally from the Philippines and now a residence of the US for 7 years. I will surely appreciate if anyone of you could give me an advice on the possibility of being accepted for their Professional MBA Program.

Experience:3 years-lead research scientist and project manager at environmental NGO; 2.5 years- research scientist at the University; 5 years- biologist manager working with the state government
Undergraduate: Fisheries Science with 3.7 GPA in the Philippines
Graduate : MS Oceanography with 3.1 GPA at the Louisiana State University
Specialization: computational and numerical modelling of fisheries and aquatic populations; integrating GIS models to fisheries and aquatic habitat management.
I have also 5 peer reviewed publication more than 20 local and international research conference presentations.
Currently managing more than $1 million worth of project.
GMAT:700

It is best to refer to the McCombs class profile to understand if your qualifications are within the range of the most recently admitted McCombs class: https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... ofile.aspx. However, we strongly encourage you to apply because there are many different components of the application that show our applicants different qualities and strengths.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jh03e wrote:
Did anyone else just receive an email from McCombs about the MSTC program? I have interviewed and am awaiting decision for MBA. I wonder if this has anything to do with my MBA application? Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this was just a marketing email that was sent to everyone.

Yes, just a marketing email sent to everyone.

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with MBA. I just received it as well and I have heard nothing yet on interviews
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lcharm wrote:
jh03e wrote:

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with MBA. I just received it as well and I have heard nothing yet on interviews

Great, thanks for reply!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jh03e wrote:
lcharm wrote:
jh03e wrote:

Great, thanks for reply!

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, this email was just additional information on other Master's programs within the McCombs School of Business. It has no impact on your MBA application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.84
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got invited for an interview for the executive program. :o
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Does anyone know about McCombs' attitude toward re-applicants? Specially the ones who were waitlisted last year?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
akun08 wrote:
Does anyone know about McCombs' attitude toward re-applicants? Specially the ones who were waitlisted last year?

Re-applicants are given heavy consideration. Be sure to use the optional essay to explain how your application has improved since your last application.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
akun08 wrote:

Re-applicants are given heavy consideration. Be sure to use the optional essay to explain how your application has improved since your last application.

Done that already.. Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V159
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

I am applying for McCombs Business school in round 2. My GRE score is 323(Q- 164, V- 159 ), its GMAT equivalent is 690.
I have gone through the UT Austin site a myriad times to understand their vision and expectations. Currently I am in the process of filling my application and essays. I am not worried much about LORs as I have 6.4 years of IT experience and did good work. But I am very apprehensive about the essays, it has word limit and I am facing hard time to connect all scattered point and make a story.

Any advice would be good.

Note - My focus is only on UT Austin- McComb business school and I desperately want to join MBA fall 2013 batch, if there is any body from 2012 or previous batches, please let me know if I can pm them for MBA/UT Austin related queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Namrta Mahajan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
namrta wrote:
Hi,

I am applying for McCombs Business school in round 2. My GRE score is 323(Q- 164, V- 159 ), its GMAT equivalent is 690.
I have gone through the UT Austin site a myriad times to understand their vision and expectations. Currently I am in the process of filling my application and essays. I am not worried much about LORs as I have 6.4 years of IT experience and did good work. But I am very apprehensive about the essays, it has word limit and I am facing hard time to connect all scattered point and make a story.

Any advice would be good.

Note - My focus is only on UT Austin- McComb business school and I desperately want to join MBA fall 2013 batch, if there is any body from 2012 or previous batches, please let me know if I can pm them for MBA/UT Austin related queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Namrta Mahajan

Essays are extremely important so take your time. Focus on the stories that show you in positive light, something you did during your undergraduate studies or during employment (Think!). Try to be up to the point and not verbose. They are also testing your communication skills by limiting the word limits so focus on the story in one paragraph and on yourself (in relation to the story) in the other. Always get your essays proofread not only by a professional but also by your friends or someone who really knows you. Get their feedback and change accordingly.
Also, research the school website thoroughly. Talk to current students - ask them what made them choose McCombs. Visit the school if possible. Make notes of what the school offers and what your interests among those offers are. Connect your goals to the strong points of the school.

Originally posted by laidmn on 15 Nov 2012, 16:06.
Last edited by laidmn on 17 Nov 2012, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [6]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Here's a quick run-down of my interview experience:

- It lasted ~ 1.25 hrs.
- It was a partially blind interview. The interviewer had my resume, but hadn’t seen my essays, letters of recommendation, etc.
- I'm not sure if this still holds true, but as of a couple years ago the interview selection process was actually only based on a quantitative algorithm (nebulous details on the variables). After the interview write-up is submitted, 1-2 second-year students review the file for the first time. If necessary, someone from the actual admissions board will review the application.
- The interviewer spoke very candidly about the process and gave me feedback on how I did (no, I didn't ask the question or solicit the feedback). Thankfully, the interviewer said they were going to recommend my admittance.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by USAFinDenver on 15 Nov 2012, 20:40.
Last edited by USAFinDenver on 08 Oct 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for the info dude. More than an hour! and it looks like they really grilled you. which I find is always a positive sign. That they really take great care in selecting their student body.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '15
Send PM
I submitted the application in 15th Sep, now I still not get the interview notification. I called the admission office and they told me they would send invitation till Dec. But I feel there is no hope~~~~ :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey,
This question might be off the current topic but I wanted to know if anyone here knows a way to view the uploaded documents in the Mccombs application system? Unlike other schools application system, Mccombs does not show the uploaded documents, which is very weird. Anyhow, can anyone guide me on this? Thanx
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MSfaspirer wrote:
hey,
This question might be off the current topic but I wanted to know if anyone here knows a way to view the uploaded documents in the Mccombs application system? Unlike other schools application system, Mccombs does not show the uploaded documents, which is very weird. Anyhow, can anyone guide me on this? Thanx

Are you referring to the application itself (bio data, essays, etc.) or the supplemental materials (GMAT report, transcript, etc.)? If you're referring to the application itself, below are the instructions. If it's the supplemental stuff, you can check the status from the GIAC site. I'm not sure the GIAC site will let you view the supp. materials, though, because it's there as a status check.

Dashboard homepage >
Under "Apply Online," click the link "Application submitted" >
Under #1, select, "View your completed and submitted application"
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts