Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Re: McCombs(UT Austin) 2016 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants. [#permalink]
Kudos
In this one for the long haul. I am really hoping folks waitlisted in Rd1 will be considered with Rd2 applicants...and that we get good news!

Hook'em
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
They said that they will accept an updated resume if you have a new job or significant changes in responsibility eg a promotion. It is on the letter after you confirm your waitlist spot. It was odd -- I thought that I had confirmed the WL spot yesterday, but it asked me to do it again.

Any clue as to the technical issues?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
injotb wrote:
MBA4NRG wrote:
braminc wrote:
Hey guys, I've been waitlisted two years in a row and thought I'd share a bit of my experience from last year. It may or may not give you some additional insights into the coming months.

I was waitlisted last year R4 on ~May 1st and finally denied admission on the final week of July. The good news is I saw many many people get off the waitlist, primarily in June. The bad news is, it's quite likely that more people never get off.

The prime time for waitlisters to get admitted is after student response deadlines for other rounds. It looks like R2 admitted student decisions are due April 29. So perhaps at end of April - early May, there will be some movement depending on how many admits decide to go elsewhere. The other good news here is the McCombs lies in a position in the rankings that leads some students use as a safety school (crazy to us I know :D). Thus the yield isn't the strongest, and more opportunities may come to waitlisters. Conversely, the waitlist may also be bigger in size than some other schools. Impossible to say for sure.

The R3 response deadline is May 30. So again June should have a lot of movement from the waitlist (as it did last year). A few people seem to have gotten good news in July as well but not many.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks, good luck this time around! Congrats on SMU and UNC!

This is the message I saved:

The Texas MBA program received your decision to accept our waitlist offer, and you have been officially added to the admissions waitlist. Please note that are no specific timeframes in which waitlisted files will be re-reviewed. You will be contacted directly about any change in your application status, as well as the closing of the waitlist, and your patience throughout this process is greatly appreciated.
The question frequently arises whether new information may be submitted for consideration during this period. We do allow this, but ONLY when the information is new and relevant. Such information would include a new and improved GMAT or TOEFL score or additional transcripts that contain additional coursework with new grades. We do NOT consider additional letters of recommendation, new student and alumni referrals, or new essays. A new resume is considered only if there is a change in company or significant change in job duties due to promotion or similar circumstances.
If you find that, once added to the waitlist, you are no longer able to remain a waitlist candidate, use the "Decline Waitlist" button below to remove your name from the waitlist. Please note that if we are unable to extend an offer of admission, a decision of "deny" will be made. This decision will be based not on your academic merit but rather on limited space availability and our need to reach closure on all pending files.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate your interest in the Texas MBA program.

McCombs Admissions Office
Texas MBA Program

The applicant pool to McCombs this year was extremely talented and intelligent. Please be patient, the Admissions Committee will look to admit waitlisted candidates on a rolling basis and you should monitor your email regularly as the Admissions Committee will ask for updates to the application when it comes back under review.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Just reviewed last year's post. It appears McCombs had a waitlist notification around May 15. Five gmatclub members were accepted off the waitlist and last year was a small sample size so still lots of hope!

I woke up this morning a little down since I really wanted another shot back in a full time program. The part time program doesn't have any specialization and you lose so much not being in Austin. $100K is tough to swallow without a company sponsorship and extracurruculars.'

Has anyone heard anything out of admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA4NRG wrote:
Just reviewed last year's post. It appears McCombs had a waitlist notification around May 15. Five gmatclub members were accepted off the waitlist and last year was a small sample size so still lots of hope!

I woke up this morning a little down since I really wanted another shot back in a full time program. The part time program doesn't have any specialization and you lose so much not being in Austin. $100K is tough to swallow without a company sponsorship and extracurruculars.'

I read on the McCombs Applicants of 2016 forum, that they asked for your updated resume. Did they email you this? I have not got any email/response from McCombs admissions office regarding what to do while I "wait".

Has anyone here from R2 heard anything from McCombs since been waitlisted yesterday? I called the admissions today, and they said they were having some "technical issues"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA4NRG wrote:
They said that they will accept an updated resume if you have a new job or significant changes in responsibility eg a promotion. It is on the letter after you confirm your waitlist spot. It was odd -- I thought that I had confirmed the WL spot yesterday, but it asked me to do it again.

Thanks for the update. No they said that the servers were down and even the admitted students were having a hard time logging in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
MBA4NRG wrote:

Um, this is not the case, at least as per my letter. It basically said "Don't get in touch with us, we'll get in touch with you."

Here is the info I've received as per my waitlist:

Quote:

Dear Ryan:

Thank you for your application to the Texas Full-Time MBA Program.

After careful consideration of your application, we would like to offer you a spot on our waitlist.Please accept or decline your spot on the McCombs Waitlist by submitting your decision through our Waitlist Reply Form. We will continue to review our waitlist throughout the season.

Note: Should you decline our waitlist offer, this will result in a final deny decision on your application.

Once you accept your spot on the waitlist, monitor your email for further instructions. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Once you go to confirm your waitlist spot:

Quote:

Ryan XX (XXX@XXX.com) Submitted: 04/09/2014
2014 Full-time MBA Round 2

Please accept or decline your spot on the McCombs Waitlist by either accepting or declining your offer below.

Once you accept your spot on the waitlist, monitor your email for further instructions. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Note: Should you decline our waitlist offer, this will result in a final deny decision on your application.

Thank you!
Texas MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Has anybody got any e-mails around how we can send updates. I was waitlisted with an interview. However, unlike many others, I didn't get an e-mail stating that we can send in an updated resume etc.

Any help on this front is most appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
No one has gotten requests to send updates at this point. However, current students assured me there is nothing wrong with sending in an update at any time. They do tell us to "feel free to contact them."

In the last response I got from them, they mentioned they would be contacting all wait-listers in the end of May to see who still wants to stay on for consideration.. I wouldn't expect to hear anything directly from them before then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
braminc wrote:
Hey guys, I've been waitlisted two years in a row and thought I'd share a bit of my experience from last year. It may or may not give you some additional insights into the coming months.

I was waitlisted last year R4 on ~May 1st and finally denied admission on the final week of July. The good news is I saw many many people get off the waitlist, primarily in June. The bad news is, it's quite likely that more people never get off.

The prime time for waitlisters to get admitted is after student response deadlines for other rounds. It looks like R2 admitted student decisions are due April 29. So perhaps at end of April - early May, there will be some movement depending on how many admits decide to go elsewhere. The other good news here is the McCombs lies in a position in the rankings that leads some students use as a safety school (crazy to us I know :D). Thus the yield isn't the strongest, and more opportunities may come to waitlisters. Conversely, the waitlist may also be bigger in size than some other schools. Impossible to say for sure.

The R3 response deadline is May 30. So again June should have a lot of movement from the waitlist (as it did last year). A few people seem to have gotten good news in July as well but not many.

Hope this helps a bit!

The Texas MBA program received your decision to accept our waitlist offer, and you have been officially added to the admissions waitlist. Please note that are no specific timeframes in which waitlisted files will be re-reviewed. You will be contacted directly about any change in your application status, as well as the closing of the waitlist, and your patience throughout this process is greatly appreciated.
The question frequently arises whether new information may be submitted for consideration during this period. We do allow this, but ONLY when the information is new and relevant. Such information would include a new and improved GMAT or TOEFL score or additional transcripts that contain additional coursework with new grades. We do NOT consider additional letters of recommendation, new student and alumni referrals, or new essays. A new resume is considered only if there is a change in company or significant change in job duties due to promotion or similar circumstances.
If you find that, once added to the waitlist, you are no longer able to remain a waitlist candidate, use the "Decline Waitlist" button below to remove your name from the waitlist. Please note that if we are unable to extend an offer of admission, a decision of "deny" will be made. This decision will be based not on your academic merit but rather on limited space availability and our need to reach closure on all pending files.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate your interest in the Texas MBA program.

Texas MBA Program
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA4NRG wrote:
braminc wrote:

Hope this helps a bit!

Texas MBA Program

That's quite a mail you got! Thanks for sharing.

I also read (upon my Google Research) that sending updates that actually don't matter can go negative on your candidacy. So we all need to be careful. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V43
Send PM
patelsid wrote:
MBA4NRG wrote:

I read on the McCombs Applicants of 2016 forum, that they asked for your updated resume. Did they email you this? I have not got any email/response from McCombs admissions office regarding what to do while I "wait".

Has anyone here from R2 heard anything from McCombs since been waitlisted yesterday? I called the admissions today, and they said they were having some "technical issues"

m2 from R2 wait-list, no such communication .....
Current Student
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I didn't get an email either. I did email them and they said the same general stuff MBA4NRG stated about waiting until admissions contacts you before sending updates.

I guess we have to play the waiting game until they contact us.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
I am on the R2 waitlist as well. I had to put a tuition deposit down to hold my spot at another school, but I think if McCombs admits me from the waitlist, it will be well worth it to forfeit that money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
injotb wrote:
MBA4NRG wrote:

Hope this helps a bit

Texas MBA Program

The applicant pool to McCombs this year was extremely talented and intelligent. Please be patient, the Admissions Committee will look to admit waitlisted candidates on a rolling basis and you should monitor your email regularly as the Admissions Committee will ask for updates to the application when it comes back under review.

Thanks for the update, encouragement, and keeping us in the loop. Good luck with your next step.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Any movement or update for anyone who was waitlisted.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts