Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 07:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 13:40
This post received
KUDOS
ahmadiqbal wrote:
Judging by the profiles, I'm assuming applicants with high GMAT scores are receiving early interview calls, makes sense!

I received an early invite with a 680. I am not sure how GMAT plays a roll in the invites.

I would like to add location as a possible explanation. When you schedule for an interview, there is a list of different locations where you can meet the school representative for your interview. Since your profile says you are from Pakistan, there is a possibility they just might have nobody yet from your area to meet you. That's one thing to consider.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 50

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 18:11
amirkabir wrote:
Guys, did your status changed in the application.
I am still waiting. MY Status is still submitted

Application:
Application for Admission

Application for Admission was submitted on 1/4/2012

Don't sweat it since it's really really early in the process. I'm a bit surprised that the schools would just send invites that quickly. I'm just waiting til mid February to panic and it's not uncommon for the adcom to interview guys through the week of decision day, fwiw.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2012, 20:17
This post received
KUDOS
ahmadiqbal wrote:
Judging by the profiles, I'm assuming applicants with high GMAT scores are receiving early interview calls, makes sense!

i don't think so... i have a 640 (not exactly high) and i received an invite (round 2) two weeks ago. i don't think there's any rhyme or reason to who gets an invite when...

I'm just an Army Officer with an AWESOME opportunity to attend Johnson at Cornell University while staying in the Army... :-D

thank goodness it's over: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1058537

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 07:31
I will be attending interview at Delhi on 15th Feb.

Anyone attending ?

I will have to travel all the way from Mumbai
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 15:06
Hello guys,

Any word of advice or tips for an international R3 applicant?
Due to an extenuating circumstance, I couldn't complete and submit my application in R2. Given the fact that my GMAT score is too low, my chances in R3 don't look so good, right?

Appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 23:13
@ankurmit

When did u receive your interview invitation?
Intern
Intern

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 09:22
I received interview invite on 17th jan.
BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 09:40
flamenco2007 wrote:
Hello guys,

Due to an extenuating circumstance, I couldn't complete and submit my application in R2. Given the fact that my GMAT score is too low, my chances in R3 don't look so good, right?

Appreciated. Thanks!

If you feel like you have a very strong profile, you can of course apply to R3, but it isn't ideal of course.

If I were you though, I would retake the GMAT and apply in R1 next year :)
Intern
Intern

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 11:18
gablaze23 wrote:
flamenco2007 wrote:
Hello guys,

Appreciated. Thanks!

If you feel like you have a very strong profile, you can of course apply to R3, but it isn't ideal of course.

Thanks. I concur, but unfortunately I can't wait till the next admission cycle. It's now or never, because I am part of a government scholarship.

My GMAT is obviously way lower than Gtown's average, so I am relying on my high GPA (double major) and hopefully the quality of the other application pieces.

Frankly, I am hoping that because middle easterners are under-represented at top schools, especially saudis, addcoms might be willing to consider my other intangibles(turning a blind eye to the GMAT score). Is it wishful thinking!?

Thanks again!
BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 123

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 11:21
flamenco2007 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
flamenco2007 wrote:
Hello guys,

Appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks. I concur, but unfortunately I can't wait till the next admission cycle. It's now or never, because I am part of a government scholarship.

My GMAT is obviously way lower than Gtown's average, so I am relying on my high GPA (double major) and hopefully the quality of the other application pieces.

Frankly, I am hoping that because middle easterners are under-represented at top schools, especially saudis, addcoms might be willing to consider my other intangibles(turning a blind eye to the GMAT score). Is it wishful thinking!?

Thanks again!

If other aspects of your application is strong, I am sure they will will consider. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 19:09
flamenco2007 wrote:

Thanks again!

Not necessarily. There aren't many middle easterners, so hopefully the other intangible factors and your GPA will even out your app.

The Georgetown Business School building is named after former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, fwiw. Obviously he isn't Saudi, but there aren't many schools named after middle easterners at American universities, and probably not at a Catholic university like Georgetown.

Good luck with the application!
Intern
Intern

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 06:34
novanative wrote:
flamenco2007 wrote:

Thanks again!

Not necessarily. There aren't many middle easterners, so hopefully the other intangible factors and your GPA will even out your app.

The Georgetown Business School building is named after former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, fwiw. Obviously he isn't Saudi, but there aren't many schools named after middle easterners at American universities, and probably not at a Catholic university like Georgetown.

Good luck with the application!

Thank you! I hope so.
Actually Rafik Hariri has a dual citizenship, Lebanese and Saudi (I am originally Lebanese).

Best of luck buddy.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2012, 00:22
Hi all,

Application status : Updated

Processed: complete - ready for review - official
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 07:13
taknevmar wrote:
Hi all,

Application status : Updated

Processed: complete - ready for review - official

Same for me, but nothing more yet. Have to wait I guess :?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 07:18
My status has not changed and I have heard nothing yet. Thinking its a lost cause at this point. Good luck everybody!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 07:22
jmr71483 wrote:
My status has not changed and I have heard nothing yet. Thinking its a lost cause at this point. Good luck everybody!!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hey Jmr71483,

Don't lose hope.It may take some more time.Wait n hope for the best.... :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 19:10
Count me in the "Processed: complete - ready for review - official" club...... all I can do is hope they give me an invite too...

How long does it take for the "Application status" thing to show up? I just saw it today.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 39

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 09:03
Officially declined my offer (R1) today - a bit sad to miss out on a great experience at Georgetown, but I hope this opens up a seat for WLs or R2/3 applicants!

I'm happy to help if anyone still in the process has any questions. I'm a local in DC too and often hang out at the Rafik building to work/study. It's a beautiful facility with free wifi :)

Best of luck to all of you interviewing! Make sure to emphasize how you've GIVEN BACK to the community since service is a big part of their culture and identity!

Get a peer review for your essays: peer-review-service-for-essays-132830.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 15:16
Had my interview last weekend...went pretty well. I'm already pretty familiar with DC/Georgetown, so that helped tremendously. Now I just wait...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 11:27
Hi All - Has anyone been admitted from the wait list? Just curious if there is any activity on that front.
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2012, 11:27