Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks, novanative. I'm aware of the cost of having a room by myself but I am not really a roommate kind of guy. So...

The PadMapper website is amazing! Thanks, DCJen. I am checking now!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
DCJen wrote:
Agreed on the expensive part, but I believe that Georgetown offers a free transport bus that specifically goes to Dupont.

Yes, the University does. I think there may be another stop from either Arlington and GULC.

cyn wrote:
Thanks, novanative. I'm aware of the cost of having a room by myself but I am not really a roommate kind of guy. So...

Totally understandable. There are some people who just can't really deal with roommates for whatever reason, though they otherwise are great guys and gals.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Dumb question, if I join the Facebook group, is it going to show up on my wall or news feed? If so, anyway to prevent that? Kind of waiting to tell work about leaving until we get closer to July.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
NGgator60 wrote:
Dupont Circle is going to be the most expensive location but it will also be where most of your classmates will be going out to bars and clubs. As someone that lived in Rosslyn last year, the Circulator was my move and I took it all the time to my friends' spots in Dupont. Living in Georgetown isnt a bad option either, as its most accessible to campus and you will go out at night in Georgetown often as well. Foggy Bottom and Adams Morgan would probably be just below those neighborhoods in terms of most desirable in my opinion.

I thought Foggy Bottom would be a more desirable part of DC in and of itself given the proximity to the Commander In Chief's crib, but maybe it's Watergate that is skewing my perception of the area. I could understand why Georgetown students wouldn't want to live there either, if it is because one of the other George's is right there, but I'd imagine that a number of GW students live in Georgetown too given the Universities' proximity to each other. Then again, I don't live that close to DC and I won't be relocating to any school given that I'd be an evening student either way, so I don't really know every little nuance of one part of DC proper vs. another.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Georgetown McD Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, IBD
Schools:Georgetown
Send PM
novanative wrote:
I thought Foggy Bottom would be a more desirable part of DC in and of itself given the proximity to the Commander In Chief's crib, but maybe it's Watergate that is skewing my perception of the area. I could understand why Georgetown students wouldn't want to live there either, if it is because one of the other George's is right there, but I'd imagine that a number of GW students live in Georgetown too given the Universities' proximity to each other. Then again, I don't live that close to DC and I won't be relocating to any school given that I'd be an evening student either way, so I don't really know every little nuance of one part of DC proper vs. another.

Yea, now that I think of it there are some people that live in Foggy Bottom but it still pales in comparison to that in Dupont of Georgetown. Honestly, I never had any clue with regards to the DC landscape or different neighborhoods until I started school and began going out. My roommates and I literally went down to DC one day in late-July and were determined to lock down an apartment, any apartment, that day before we left. We wound up with a spot in Rosslyn which has amazing amenities but is not nearly as fun from a social perspective. No one is going to go out in Arlington and it will be tough to get people over for parties. In addition, many cabs are reluctant to drive people from DC to VA so it will be 3:00am in Dupont and I'll struggle to convince cab drivers to take me back home. You definitely get more bang for your buck in Rosslyn in terms of living space but its certainly a trade-off
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85
WE:Accounting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello, I am a R3 applicant for the evening program. Gtown processed my last transcript on May 2. If I haven't received an interview invitation by now I can assume I am out right?

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Duke, Georgetown, Emory
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Marketing
Send PM
I lived in Rosslyn my first year. Moving to Georgetown my second year was the best decision ever from a social standpoint. It is more expensive but if you don't mind having roommates, you can get by paying $1100-1300/month. Bars, restaurants, clubs are within walking distance.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I actually graduate today!! =) Bittersweet end to an amazing 2 years.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
R2 for Evening MBA program. Interviewed and waiting for notification.

Good luck all Evening MBA program applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: Goizueta '14
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
cyn wrote:

That's the kind of team approach top MBAs love!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ozzy10fl wrote:
I lived in Rosslyn my first year. Moving to Georgetown my second year was the best decision ever from a social standpoint. It is more expensive but if you don't mind having roommates, you can get by paying $1100-1300/month. Bars, restaurants, clubs are within walking distance.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I actually graduate today!! =) Bittersweet end to an amazing 2 years.

Congrats!!!
I'll be in DC next weekend to look for an apartment.
Will visit Carillon House. Any other suggestions in Georgetown?
Thanks!!!
Hi all,

I have a friend who was recently accepted, and he's wondering if you guys have suggestions of places for him to live. He's married and has a couple of young kids.

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Georgetown
Send PM
Fresh off the press. This is the Dean's gift to the graduating class of 2012. What a wonderful experience these past two years have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlotlTNuZSE&feature=plcp

FYI if you're looking for housing, Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle are the places to be. Trust me EVERYONE goes out around those areas so being able to easily get back home is huge.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 evening applicant here. I've completed the interview and I'm eagerly awaiting an acceptance offer. Any other r2 evenings hear from the adcom? Is it by phone?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Sdhalpern wrote:
R2 evening applicant here. I've completed the interview and I'm eagerly awaiting an acceptance offer. Any other r2 evenings hear from the adcom? Is it by phone?

Posted from my mobile device

I assume it's all by email. The schools that have accepted me so far have done so only through email. Decision deadline is sometime next week so I assume that is when they will come out. Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Duke, Georgetown, Emory
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Marketing
Send PM
cyn wrote:
ozzy10fl wrote:

Congrats!!!
Thanks!!!

Sorry for the delay. If you're going to live in Georgetown I would live within 15 minutes walking distance of campus. The more popular areas are near Reservoir Rd just east of campus. Also there are plenty of townhouses on N, O and P street between campus and Wisconsin Ave. These townhouses get booked early, so try not to wait until late July. Foggybottom is OK but its more of the GW crowd and mainly undergrads. Its also not walkable to campus. I lived on O and Wisconsin, so it was a 15 minute walk to campus, and a 15 minute walk to Dupont. Dupont has a better nightlife in terms of clubs (MIA, Citron, Midtown lounge) but Georgetown has a lot more character and better bars and restaurants (IMO).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
Send PM
ozzy10fl wrote:
cyn wrote:
ozzy10fl wrote:

Congrats!!!
Thanks!!!

Sorry for the delay. If you're going to live in Georgetown I would live within 15 minutes walking distance of campus. The more popular areas are near Reservoir Rd just east of campus. Also there are plenty of townhouses on N, O and P street between campus and Wisconsin Ave. These townhouses get booked early, so try not to wait until late July. Foggybottom is OK but its more of the GW crowd and mainly undergrads. Its also not walkable to campus. I lived on O and Wisconsin, so it was a 15 minute walk to campus, and a 15 minute walk to Dupont. Dupont has a better nightlife in terms of clubs (MIA, Citron, Midtown lounge) but Georgetown has a lot more character and better bars and restaurants (IMO).

Thanks for the insight ozzy. Good info!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gtown evening r2 applicant here - just got my acceptance email! Good luck to all applicants!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts