Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 16

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 08:51
Hi folks,

I'm Sudish, a first year student at McDonough School of Business. I am from Mumbai, India and I was in your shoes applying to MSB just a while ago. So I believe I can help you out with any queries regarding the process. Please feel free to reach out if you would like to know more about admissions, BSchool or MBA in general.

All the best with the applications and interviews! :)

Sudish Sudhakaran
MBA Class of 2015
McDonough School of Business | Georgetown University

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 08:58
sudish wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm Sudish, a first year student at McDonough School of Business. I am from Mumbai, India and I was in your shoes applying to MSB just a while ago. So I believe I can help you out with any queries regarding the process. Please feel free to reach out if you would like to know more about admissions, BSchool or MBA in general.

Sudish Sudhakaran
MBA Class of 2015

Hi, Sudish. Thanks for posting.

It seems like McDonough has put a significant emphasis on its evening program. Do you feel that the full time programs is receiving enough resources and attention from the school?

Thanks again.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 16

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 09:27
thefinancelady wrote:
sudish wrote:
Hi folks,

Sudish Sudhakaran
MBA Class of 2015

Hi, Sudish. Thanks for posting.

It seems like McDonough has put a significant emphasis on its evening program. Do you feel that the full time programs is receiving enough resources and attention from the school?

Thanks again.

Hi 'thefinancelady',

By 'significant emphasis', I believe you're referring to the marketing of the Evening program which has been on the rise as compared to the full-time program. So, here's my two cents on the topic:

1) A majority of the faculty who teach the full-time program also teach the evening program. As far as I'm aware, every faculty at MSB (and that includes the associate professors as well) are well accomplished at what they do. So the learning experience in both these programs (evening and full-time) are at par.
2) For career and networking resources/events, the evening program students do not have any separate events for themselves. They attend the career days and most employer presentations with the full-time program students.
3) As far as extra-curricular (events and club) activities are concerned, I believe the Evening Program students do not get as much time and opportunity as the full-time program students do. So they miss out on a few things here.

From a B-School experience perspective, I believe the three things mentioned above mainly constitute what you look forward to in a good b-school. And personally from my experience so far, I've only felt more confident about the resources and opportunities available to the full-time students to achieve their career goals. So I believe the full-time program is definitely receiving as many (if not more) resources and attention as the evening program.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Sudish Sudhakaran
MBA Class of 2015

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2013, 05:20
Did anyone interview with Elizabeth in New Delhi today?

I'm scheduled to interview tomorrow. It'd be great if someone shared his/her feedback!
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 06:00
I just got back from my interview in New Delhi.
We sat on couches in the lounge itself, plus the interviewer was very cool, and therefore it felt very casual and friendly.

If anyone has specific questions, do not hesitate to ask (maybe PM would be a good idea since I'm not sure if it's OK to post on a public forum :P)

EDIT: All the best, guys!
Current Student
Affiliations: MENSA India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 4: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 5: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 17:04
Thanks for the info Kaustubh! Good luck to all :)

Always aim at the moon. Never mind if you miss, you will fall in the stars :-)

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:00
Just got invited to interview!
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 03:56
jas23 wrote:

On-campus/Skype/Off-campus interview? Where are you based, btw?
(Asking on behalf of a friend who's still not heard back)
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 09:24
kaustubhkul wrote:
jas23 wrote:

On-campus/Skype/Off-campus interview? Where are you based, btw?
(Asking on behalf of a friend who's still not heard back)

On-campus, however I had the option to interview via Skype. I am based in the US (MA). Also, I applied through the Consortium, for anybody who is looking for insights into that.
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 09:27
jas23 wrote:

On-campus, however I had the option to interview via Skype. I am based in the US (MA). Also, I applied through the Consortium, for anybody who is looking for insights into that.

Thanks! Good luck with the interview!! :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 4

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 18:43
Applying to R2, deadline is 1/5.

please share some useful & helpful tips?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:20
Anymore US interview invites for R1 anticipated? Seems that GT turned around pretty quickly with their invites.
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:56
Anyone know when R1 interviewees will be receiving decisions?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 11:32
thefinancelady wrote:
Anyone know when R1 interviewees will be receiving decisions?

Yes, on Dec 20, when all R1 decisions will be released :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 12:11
Any one had skype interview already? I have mine tomorrow.

Can anyone share their experience? :-)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 4

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 14:36
Does anyone has an idea about H1B to F1 visa conversion? Can an H1B holder apply for F1 visa? I am working on H1B and I have to leave my employer for MBA, so I would need F1.

I heard that H1B holder are not eligible for F1.

Can anyone please help with this?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 04:23
has anyone interviewed in India herd the admit decision.
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 04:25
prolic wrote:
has anyone interviewed in India herd the admit decision.

They don't release decision before 20th December, the decision date.
A current student told me this...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 11:45
Had my skype interview.

THe interviewer told my application is not reviewed yet. This is kind of initial review. Strange!

Anyways, Standard questions were asked :
Short term and long term goals?
Why MBA? etc.

Interview lasted just 23 minutes! SO short, worried now! Generally it should last more than 30 IMO.

Hoping for the best.
Current Student

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 12:41
pawky123 wrote:
Had my skype interview.

THe interviewer told my application is not reviewed yet. This is kind of initial review. Strange!

Anyways, Standard questions were asked :
Short term and long term goals?
Why MBA? etc.

Interview lasted just 23 minutes! SO short, worried now! Generally it should last more than 30 IMO.

Hoping for the best.

Sounds similar to my in-person interview. I had to get a bit creative with my questions in order to push past 30 minutes. I think the total time wound up taking only 30-35 minutes.
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2013, 12:41