Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 11:04
mrwise wrote:
There was an R1 applicant who posted upthread saying that he's been asked to continue on the waitlist

Yep, that's me. I interviewed in October (gosh, seems like years ago now!) and was put on the WL in December, and now again last night. I'd rather they had just dinged me instead so I'd have moved on. :\
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Applying for Class of 2015-2017
Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 15
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Other (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 19:47
Not fair to make people wait more than one round; chances decrease exponentially for international students anyway after R1!.
I spend too many months on the WL of a school - gave me mouth ulcers and sleepless nights but the ding itself didn't hit me hard. This was four years ago when I applied to one and only one university @ R1; they finally dinged me months later at the R3 deadline. This year another school ended my misery at the next round deadline itself.

BTW, even if you have a valid multiple entry visa to the US (or even are currently in the US with an H1B or something) it doesn't help since you HAVE to go for the visa interview and convert to F-1, right? So, if we don't get converted before mid May (at least?) I think it's as good as a ding - I'm sure the MSB ad-com knows that. I guess they are expediting things for International Applicants ASAP and we'll hear from them soon.
Current Student
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 20:51
AksConsult wrote:
Not fair to make people wait more than one round; chances decrease exponentially for international students anyway after R1!.
I spend too many months on the WL of a school - gave me mouth ulcers and sleepless nights but the ding itself didn't hit me hard. This was four years ago when I applied to one and only one university @ R1; they finally dinged me months later at the R3 deadline. This year another school ended my misery at the next round deadline itself.

BTW, even if you have a valid multiple entry visa to the US (or even are currently in the US with an H1B or something) it doesn't help since you HAVE to go for the visa interview and convert to F-1, right? So, if we don't get converted before mid May (at least?) I think it's as good as a ding - I'm sure the MSB ad-com knows that. I guess they are expediting things for International Applicants ASAP and we'll hear from them soon.

Wow; quite a story you have from 4 years ago! Let's hope they decide to work about the WLs sooner this time - one way or another.
All the best! :beer:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 80
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 87

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 23:44
If anyone who was admitted during the last few days hears about $ today via e-mail or in the snail mail that was sent out plz report. (Even if you don't report a specific $ amount it'd be helpful to us all to know if the scholly offers have indeed gone out.)

Thx!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 113
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 14

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 03:43
teleste wrote:
If anyone who was admitted during the last few days hears about $ today via e-mail or in the snail mail that was sent out plz report. (Even if you don't report a specific $ amount it'd be helpful to us all to know if the scholly offers have indeed gone out.)

Thx!


hello,
Received a call from the adcom informing the decision. I waited patiently during the call for an indication of the schol. But no details whatsoever.
Seems we have to wait for the admission package for that info.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 07:14
Sad to say, guys. Made a quick look-back at those who received offers with scholarships during R1. They all had the awards mentioned in their online decision letters. In w/o scholarship. That's equivalent to an automatic rejection for me.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 12:16
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
Sad to say, guys. Made a quick look-back at those who received offers with scholarships during R1. They all had the awards mentioned in their online decision letters. In w/o scholarship. That's equivalent to an automatic rejection for me.


Hmm, is it possible they changed how they notify? It would seem strange that no one in R2 has reported a scholarship
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 12:20
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM. Maybe they had distributed everything in R1 or those who got in with scholarships in R2 did not join GC or have not reported their status yet.

Have all of you, admits, checked your online decision letter? I kept reading it again and again and still no scholarship. After a while, it just sounds like Ding-Ding-Ding - Rejection Carol :) I guess no-go for me this year.

Last edited by lekhanhan2014 on 20 Mar 2014, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 12:21
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

can you point to/quote a source for everyone's benefit? thanks :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 12:25
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

can you point to/quote a source for everyone's benefit? thanks :)


Hi, it's a personal response from Georgetown to my question regarding scholarship. They said "if the scholarship was awarded, it would be stated in your decision letter". I clarified which letter to which they said "your online decision letter".

Or maybe just apply in my case!
Current Student
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 12:35
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

can you point to/quote a source for everyone's benefit? thanks :)


Hi, it's a personal response from Georgetown to my question regarding scholarship. They said "if the scholarship was awarded, it would be stated in your decision letter". I clarified which letter to which they said "your online decision letter".

Or maybe just apply in my case!


oh okay, thanks :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 13:13
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

can you point to/quote a source for everyone's benefit? thanks :)


Hi, it's a personal response from Georgetown to my question regarding scholarship. They said "if the scholarship was awarded, it would be stated in your decision letter". I clarified which letter to which they said "your online decision letter".

Or maybe just apply in my case!


yes- if your acceptance letter does not mention a scholarship, then unfortunately, you didnt get one :(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 14:31
I just received a mail saying I should get my NetID from my application. I got it but I don't know how it helps me see my admission letter.

Edited: I have seen the admission letter through portal. What I meant was that if there is another letter or mail about admission package coming that might have information about scholarships.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 00:45
Hi,

First up, congratulation to all R2 applicants who received an admit. My question to you is, have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 80
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 87

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 01:24
AdiRedDevil wrote:
have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?


Negative. (At least I drew a blank that is to say...)

And it appears from the comments on this forum that any/all $ offers were made in that letter... :S

I look forward to seeing what's in the snail mail package and will be in DC for the Welcome Weekend. Perhaps there will be some unexpected good news yet to come.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 02:09
teleste wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?


Negative. (At least I drew a blank that is to say...)

And it appears from the comments on this forum that any/all $ offers were made in that letter... :S

I look forward to seeing what's in the snail mail package and will be in DC for the Welcome Weekend. Perhaps there will be some unexpected good news yet to come.


I too do hope so for some good newbecause McDonough with no scholarship is outside my budget. Interestingly, I do not have application for application link too at the bottom or anywhere on the page.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 05:40
AdiRedDevil wrote:
teleste wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?


Negative. (At least I drew a blank that is to say...)

And it appears from the comments on this forum that any/all $ offers were made in that letter... :S

I look forward to seeing what's in the snail mail package and will be in DC for the Welcome Weekend. Perhaps there will be some unexpected good news yet to come.


I too do hope so for some good newbecause McDonough with no scholarship is outside my budget. Interestingly, I do not have application for application link too at the bottom or anywhere on the page.


If you read the Welcome Guide, which can be found in the Welcome Website under "academics," "opening term," and "MBA Welcome Guide," it states: "Only Full-time MBA Program applicants are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship as part of the admissions process. Scholarship notification is included in your decision letter. If your offer letter is silent with regard to scholarship, the Admissions Committee was unfortunately unable to provide you with a merit-based scholarship."
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 113
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
GPA: 3.45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 46

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 05:59
Did ANYone get $$ from Gtown?

I know the email had said calls were made to all accepted applicants but I never received one. Anyone else not get called?

A bit odd but I"ll hope this means MAYBE there's a chance money decisions may still be made. As with other schools, I'd assume the Financial Aid office would follow up with info. on grants and maybe not necessarily scholarships officially.

Only time will tell. Congratulations everyone!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 11:43
Does Georgetown not award as many scholarships as peer schools? It seems like a lot of other schools have a lot more scholarships reported than georgetown
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 12:12
webster11 wrote:
Does Georgetown not award as many scholarships as peer schools? It seems like a lot of other schools have a lot more scholarships reported than georgetown


Has any R2 admit even reported receiving a scholarship?
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2014, 12:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic McDonough Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Students kaustubhkul 33 28 Dec 2013, 00:55
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic McDonough Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students kaustubhkul 8 28 Dec 2013, 00:43
87 Experts publish their posts in the topic Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants spillai 294 10 Aug 2012, 10:14
4 Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants Omne 65 28 Oct 2008, 14:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28    Next  [ 557 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.