Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Not fair to make people wait more than one round; chances decrease exponentially for international students anyway after R1!.
I spend too many months on the WL of a school - gave me mouth ulcers and sleepless nights but the ding itself didn't hit me hard. This was four years ago when I applied to one and only one university @ R1; they finally dinged me months later at the R3 deadline. This year another school ended my misery at the next round deadline itself.

BTW, even if you have a valid multiple entry visa to the US (or even are currently in the US with an H1B or something) it doesn't help since you HAVE to go for the visa interview and convert to F-1, right? So, if we don't get converted before mid May (at least?) I think it's as good as a ding - I'm sure the MSB ad-com knows that. I guess they are expediting things for International Applicants ASAP and we'll hear from them soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AksConsult wrote:
Not fair to make people wait more than one round; chances decrease exponentially for international students anyway after R1!.
I spend too many months on the WL of a school - gave me mouth ulcers and sleepless nights but the ding itself didn't hit me hard. This was four years ago when I applied to one and only one university @ R1; they finally dinged me months later at the R3 deadline. This year another school ended my misery at the next round deadline itself.

BTW, even if you have a valid multiple entry visa to the US (or even are currently in the US with an H1B or something) it doesn't help since you HAVE to go for the visa interview and convert to F-1, right? So, if we don't get converted before mid May (at least?) I think it's as good as a ding - I'm sure the MSB ad-com knows that. I guess they are expediting things for International Applicants ASAP and we'll hear from them soon.

Wow; quite a story you have from 4 years ago! Let's hope they decide to work about the WLs sooner this time - one way or another.
All the best! :beer:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
If anyone who was admitted during the last few days hears about $ today via e-mail or in the snail mail that was sent out plz report. (Even if you don't report a specific $ amount it'd be helpful to us all to know if the scholly offers have indeed gone out.)

Thx!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
teleste wrote:
If anyone who was admitted during the last few days hears about $ today via e-mail or in the snail mail that was sent out plz report. (Even if you don't report a specific $ amount it'd be helpful to us all to know if the scholly offers have indeed gone out.)

Thx!

hello,
Received a call from the adcom informing the decision. I waited patiently during the call for an indication of the schol. But no details whatsoever.
Seems we have to wait for the admission package for that info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Sad to say, guys. Made a quick look-back at those who received offers with scholarships during R1. They all had the awards mentioned in their online decision letters. In w/o scholarship. That's equivalent to an automatic rejection for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
Sad to say, guys. Made a quick look-back at those who received offers with scholarships during R1. They all had the awards mentioned in their online decision letters. In w/o scholarship. That's equivalent to an automatic rejection for me.

Hmm, is it possible they changed how they notify? It would seem strange that no one in R2 has reported a scholarship
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM. Maybe they had distributed everything in R1 or those who got in with scholarships in R2 did not join GC or have not reported their status yet.

Have all of you, admits, checked your online decision letter? I kept reading it again and again and still no scholarship. After a while, it just sounds like Ding-Ding-Ding - Rejection Carol :) I guess no-go for me this year.

Originally posted by lekhanhan2014 on 20 Mar 2014, 13:20.
Last edited by lekhanhan2014 on 20 Mar 2014, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

can you point to/quote a source for everyone's benefit? thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
It's official. No mention of scholarship means no scholarship. Official confirmation from GM.

Hi, it's a personal response from Georgetown to my question regarding scholarship. They said "if the scholarship was awarded, it would be stated in your decision letter". I clarified which letter to which they said "your online decision letter".

Or maybe just apply in my case!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:

Hi, it's a personal response from Georgetown to my question regarding scholarship. They said "if the scholarship was awarded, it would be stated in your decision letter". I clarified which letter to which they said "your online decision letter".

oh okay, thanks :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
lekhanhan2014 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
lekhanhan2014 wrote:

yes- if your acceptance letter does not mention a scholarship, then unfortunately, you didnt get one :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I just received a mail saying I should get my NetID from my application. I got it but I don't know how it helps me see my admission letter.

Edited: I have seen the admission letter through portal. What I meant was that if there is another letter or mail about admission package coming that might have information about scholarships.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi,

First up, congratulation to all R2 applicants who received an admit. My question to you is, have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
AdiRedDevil wrote:
have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?

Negative. (At least I drew a blank that is to say...)

And it appears from the comments on this forum that any/all $ offers were made in that letter... :S

I look forward to seeing what's in the snail mail package and will be in DC for the Welcome Weekend. Perhaps there will be some unexpected good news yet to come.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
teleste wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
have any of you received scholarship information in the online admit letter that we can access from the online application dashboard?

And it appears from the comments on this forum that any/all $ offers were made in that letter... :S

I look forward to seeing what's in the snail mail package and will be in DC for the Welcome Weekend. Perhaps there will be some unexpected good news yet to come.

I too do hope so for some good newbecause McDonough with no scholarship is outside my budget. Interestingly, I do not have application for application link too at the bottom or anywhere on the page.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
AdiRedDevil wrote:
teleste wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:

I too do hope so for some good newbecause McDonough with no scholarship is outside my budget. Interestingly, I do not have application for application link too at the bottom or anywhere on the page.

If you read the Welcome Guide, which can be found in the Welcome Website under "academics," "opening term," and "MBA Welcome Guide," it states: "Only Full-time MBA Program applicants are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship as part of the admissions process. Scholarship notification is included in your decision letter. If your offer letter is silent with regard to scholarship, the Admissions Committee was unfortunately unable to provide you with a merit-based scholarship."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Did ANYone get $$ from Gtown?

I know the email had said calls were made to all accepted applicants but I never received one. Anyone else not get called?

A bit odd but I"ll hope this means MAYBE there's a chance money decisions may still be made. As with other schools, I'd assume the Financial Aid office would follow up with info. on grants and maybe not necessarily scholarships officially.

Only time will tell. Congratulations everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts