Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MENSA India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 4: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 5: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 22:40
Hi All,

I am yet to hear anything from the admissions committee. Does this mean a ding?
I think my chances of getting an interview are pretty low.

Good luck to all those who will give the interviews or are waiting for the decisions :)

Always aim at the moon. Never mind if you miss, you will fall in the stars :-)

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 19:58
This post received
KUDOS
Had my on-campus interview.

Mine was with a 2nd year student, and lasted closer to 45 mins. I got to the admissions office early, and he was willing to start the interview ahead of the scheduled time and end it late since he didn't have any other commitments immediately after. He was extremely nice, and had a genuine interest in wanting to talk to me and learn more about me. It was a blind interview, very conversational, laid back, yet still inquisitive. Beyond the general resume walk or "why MBA" questions, he did probe into other areas. One specific question he asked that admittedly stumped me was, "Tell me about something new you have begun doing that speaks to your intellectual curiosity." Not sure if this is a common question from all MSB interviewers, but that was without a doubt the trickiest one to answer. However, I believe the rest of my interview still went very well.

Just trying to help everyone out! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.67
WE: Marketing (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 06:54
Had interview with Associate Dean of MBA Admissions via Skype. Lasted 35 min + 10 min Q&A.

Question:
tell me a time when you persevered despite your better judgement.
what's the 3 most important characteristics of a leader, and how have you demonstrated these qualities.
what's my weakness
how you overcome a work conflict
what do you define as success
what other schools you applied
if you got full ride, what 3 factors would affect your decision to choose
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 10:31
This post received
KUDOS
I had an in-person interview with the Assistant Direction of MBA admissions data/info on campus a couple of days ago. Nothing out of the ordinary, some of the questions he asked me were:

*Tell me about yourself
*Why MBA
*Leadership experience you may have, at work, or outside work
*Tell me about your international experience
*Tell me about your biggest positive moment
*Tell me about one of your biggest challenges
*What do you bring with you to Georgetown

This part of the interview took about 12-15 min, so similar to some of the other posters, I too had to 'drag' the interview out with my questions. However, I had come prepared with several questions of my own, and was able to chat for about 20 min or so. Total interview time, ~35 min. He concluded the interview by giving me his business card. Mine was the last interview of the day I think. All in all I think I did decently, not a slam dunk, but not a washout either. I was able to convey most of what I wanted to say, and some crucial points I forgot are included in my essays. Here's hoping for the best :?

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 08:42
Those who have interviewed: did you get a choice to do a Skype interview or in-person? Anyone specifically chose in-person over Skype?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 13:04
gsmon wrote:
Those who have interviewed: did you get a choice to do a Skype interview or in-person? Anyone specifically chose in-person over Skype?

Yes, I had the choice and chose specifically to do in-person.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 18:45
hopefulmba23 wrote:
gsmon wrote:

Thanks! how long ago did you interview? The decision date is kinda looming
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 18:54
gsmon wrote:
hopefulmba23 wrote:
gsmon wrote:

Thanks! how long ago did you interview? The decision date is kinda looming

I interviewed on 11/18
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 12:13
There seems to be a pretty significant lull since the last wave of interview invites went out. It seems like the decision date is pretty late for a school that started so early with the interviews. Has anyone heard anything from McDonough recently?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 12:21
thefinancelady wrote:
There seems to be a pretty significant lull since the last wave of interview invites went out. It seems like the decision date is pretty late for a school that started so early with the interviews. Has anyone heard anything from McDonough recently?

Hi,

I'm not sure what the decision date is, but don't expect to hear back from the school before that date. I would suggest you concentrate on your Round 2 applications in the mean time :)

Best,
Sudish Sudhakaran

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE: Account Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 12:28
sudish wrote:
thefinancelady wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure what the decision date is, but don't expect to hear back from the school before that date. I would suggest you concentrate on your Round 2 applications in the mean time :)

Best,
Sudish Sudhakaran

Hi -
The decision date is 12/20. I have not heard anything since my interview. I sent a note around thanksgiving just touching base but have not received emails, etc. Think we are just in the waiting period now.

Best,
Delabar
2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 88 [2] , given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 13:03
This post received
KUDOS
delabar wrote:
sudish wrote:
thefinancelady wrote:

Hi,

Best,
Sudish Sudhakaran

Hi -
The decision date is 12/20. I have not heard anything since my interview. I sent a note around thanksgiving just touching base but have not received emails, etc. Think we are just in the waiting period now.

Best,
Delabar

That's right. Don't fret. Just relax for the next 10 days and you'll get to know the decisions on 12/20.
All the best to all applicants!

Best,
Sudish

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 06:29
I spoke with an admissions committee member at an event this past weekend and he mentioned that all decisions are released at once on the date indicated for each round. So if you still haven't heard back, that's why!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 11:33
Only 1 week left!!

kxc wrote:
I spoke with an admissions committee member at an event this past weekend and he mentioned that all decisions are released at once on the date indicated for each round. So if you still haven't heard back, that's why!
McDonough Thread Master
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 186

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 11:35
jpd5044 wrote:
Only 1 week left!!

Yup, the longest week in 2013 for me, I guess! :s
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2013, 21:51
sudish wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm Sudish, a first year student at McDonough School of Business. I am from Mumbai, India and I was in your shoes applying to MSB just a while ago. So I believe I can help you out with any queries regarding the process. Please feel free to reach out if you would like to know more about admissions, BSchool or MBA in general.

All the best with the applications and interviews! :)

Sudish Sudhakaran
MBA Class of 2015
McDonough School of Business | Georgetown University

Hi sudhis,

Are folks with IT background represented in the 4% ("others") bracket of students accepted in McDoonough? If so it means that IT crowd is poorly represented in McDonough.
I am from india with 6.5 yrs of exp in IT.Should i apply in McDonough?

regards,
siddhartha
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 17:22
when can we hear the decision? the waiting is depressing...
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 18:44
kimspawn wrote:
when can we hear the decision? the waiting is depressing...

December 20. You just gotta wait 5 more days :)

All the best!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE: Account Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 7

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 09:00
This post received
KUDOS
Just got a voice mail from Adcom saying "good news" and to expect an email later today.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 09:06
2 days early!? What time did they call you? Where are you located?

delabar wrote:
Just got a voice mail from Adcom saying "good news" and to expect an email later today.
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2013, 09:06