Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 1.4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 13:58
9) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced, and
tons of noxious emissions are kept out of the atmosphere.

(A) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(B) By constructing new windmill farms, it reduces consumption of fossil fuels,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(C) Constructing new windmill farms reduces fossil fuel consumption and keeps
tons of noxious emissions
(D) When new windmill farms are constructed, they reduce fossil fuel
consumption, and it keeps tons of noxious emissions
(E) New windmill farms, when constructed, reduce fossil fuel consumption, and
also tons of noxious emissions are kept


could you pls post the OE for this 1...what is the error in E..???
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 1.4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 14:03
11) The origin of the scandal can be traced to the presidency of Warren Harding,
Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover.

(A) can be traced to the presidency of
(B) took place in the presidency of
(C) happened in the presidencies of
(D) can be traced to the presidencies of
(E) that took place in the presidencies of


is option C wrong because of:-
1.idiomatically wrong>>>origin-happened
2.issue in meaning>>>origin can not happen in three different presidencies...

pls comment
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 53
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 31

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 19:49
Can someone also explain the Q-7.

In the answer choice A, it seems that "A positive cure for rabies" incorrectly modifies the "scientists".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 18:01
7) A positive cure for rabies, scientists believe, may be found within the next
decade

(A) scientists believe, may be
(B) scientists may believe to be
(C) in the belief of some scientists, should be
(D) there are some scientists who believe it may be
(E) which, some scientists believe, may be

What is wrong with option E? I mean, where is the main verb missing in that sentence? let me know the correct structure while using "which".


9) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced, and
tons of noxious emissions are kept out of the atmosphere.

(A) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(B) By constructing new windmill farms, it reduces consumption of fossil fuels,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(C) Constructing new windmill farms reduces fossil fuel consumption and keeps
tons of noxious emissions
(D) When new windmill farms are constructed, they reduce fossil fuel
consumption, and it keeps tons of noxious emissions
(E) New windmill farms, when constructed, reduce fossil fuel consumption, and
also tons of noxious emissions are kept

Need to know about POE.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 165
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 98 [0], given: 73

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 11:09
BangOn wrote:
atalpanditgmat wrote:
10) The famous battle depicted in the movie took place in England, and many people
assume that it was Ireland

(A) and many people assume that it was
(B) many people assuming
(C) not what many people assume
(D) not, as many people assume, in
(E) but many people assume it to be

Carcass: please provide the OE, though i am satisfied with the answer given.


OE should be D. Reason
The famous battle depicted in the movie took place in England, not, as many people assume, in Ireland


The famous battle took place in England, not in Ireland.

Is this structure correct? Isn't an "and" missing before not?
_________________

You've been walking the ocean's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under, and deeper under, a thousand times deeper! - Rumi

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... nprep-com/ - This is worth its weight in gold

Economist GMAT Test - 730, Q50, V41 Aug 9th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 670, Q45, V36 Aug 11th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 680, Q47, V36 Aug 17th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 1 - 770, Q50, V44 Aug 24th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 690, Q45, V39 Aug 30th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 710, Q48, V39 Sep 13th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 2 - 740, Q49, V41 Oct 6th, 2013

GMAT - 770, Q50, V44, Oct 7th, 2013
My Debrief - from-the-ashes-thou-shall-rise-770-q-50-v-44-awa-5-ir-162299.html#p1284542

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 49
GMAT Date: 10-23-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 05:55
Hi Carcass/Marcab,

5) As the economy battles recession, the Board of Directors of the company
believes that they will be able to maintain profits by tapping into new markets
abroad

(A) believes that they will be able to maintain profits by
(B) believe that it will be able to maintain profits by means of
(C) believes that it will be able to maintain profits by
(D) have a belief that they will maintain profits by
(E) believe in maintaining profits and

I am confused between "believe" and "believes" and hence picked up B.

Feel it should be believe

Can you help
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 838
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 614 [1] , given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 06:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT40 wrote:
Hi Carcass/Marcab,

5) As the economy battles recession, the Board of Directors of the company
believes that they will be able to maintain profits by tapping into new markets
abroad

(A) believes that they will be able to maintain profits by
(B) believe that it will be able to maintain profits by means of
(C) believes that it will be able to maintain profits by
(D) have a belief that they will maintain profits by
(E) believe in maintaining profits and

I am confused between "believe" and "believes" and hence picked up B.

Feel it should be believe

Can you help


verbs depend on the subject.

if subject is singular then use singular verb....if plural then use plural verb.

in this question :
subject: the Board ( of directors ==>this is prepositional phrase and not the subject)
now since the subject is THE BOARD ==>SINGULAR...so we need singular verb ...ie believeS ...

hope it helps
_________________

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...



GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2445
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2624 [1] , given: 697

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 07:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
blueseas wrote:
GMAT40 wrote:
Hi Carcass/Marcab,

5) As the economy battles recession, the Board of Directors of the company
believes that they will be able to maintain profits by tapping into new markets
abroad

(A) believes that they will be able to maintain profits by
(B) believe that it will be able to maintain profits by means of
(C) believes that it will be able to maintain profits by
(D) have a belief that they will maintain profits by
(E) believe in maintaining profits and

I am confused between "believe" and "believes" and hence picked up B.

Feel it should be believe

Can you help


verbs depend on the subject.

if subject is singular then use singular verb....if plural then use plural verb.

in this question :
subject: the Board ( of directors ==>this is prepositional phrase and not the subject)
now since the subject is THE BOARD ==>SINGULAR...so we need singular verb ...ie believeS ...

hope it helps



Well this question becomes a bit tricky because is based on meaning but AFTER you do the split based on the agreement sub verb.........otherwise you get in serious trouble.

Be carefull whe you analize a question ;)
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2445
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2624 [1] , given: 697

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 07:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Transcendentalist wrote:
BangOn wrote:
atalpanditgmat wrote:
10) The famous battle depicted in the movie took place in England, and many people
assume that it was Ireland

(A) and many people assume that it was
(B) many people assuming
(C) not what many people assume
(D) not, as many people assume, in
(E) but many people assume it to be

Carcass: please provide the OE, though i am satisfied with the answer given.


OE should be D. Reason
The famous battle depicted in the movie took place in England, not, as many people assume, in Ireland


The famous battle took place in England, not in Ireland.

Is this structure correct? Isn't an "and" missing before not?



Ehi guys you need to analize very very super careful a question, in particular from the meaning point.

AND eventually is used for these reasons: or after a comma to avoid a run on sentence or two makes two parts equivalent (i.e the same weight in the sentence's economy. Making all things consistent) or to make a subject plural.

Here if you use AND you completely distort the sense of the same. You do not have A CONTRAST: the battle took place in X place instead of Y place. AND never shows a contrast, it basically joins something, rather.

regards
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 49
GMAT Date: 10-23-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 19:21
Blueseas,

Ok so what you say is that I should have considered The Board instead of The Board of Directors. But isnt it considered a single word.
Should this be the thumbrule or there are other pointers which i missed in this ques. My answer was based on The board of directors
Caracass,

Can you please further explain what you meant by your comment below.

Many thanks to both of you

carcass wrote:
blueseas wrote:
GMAT40 wrote:
Hi Carcass/Marcab,

5) As the economy battles recession, the Board of Directors of the company
believes that they will be able to maintain profits by tapping into new markets
abroad

(A) believes that they will be able to maintain profits by
(B) believe that it will be able to maintain profits by means of
(C) believes that it will be able to maintain profits by
(D) have a belief that they will maintain profits by
(E) believe in maintaining profits and

I am confused between "believe" and "believes" and hence picked up B.

Feel it should be believe

Can you help


verbs depend on the subject.

if subject is singular then use singular verb....if plural then use plural verb.

in this question :
subject: the Board ( of directors ==>this is prepositional phrase and not the subject)
now since the subject is THE BOARD ==>SINGULAR...so we need singular verb ...ie believeS ...

hope it helps



Well this question becomes a bit tricky because is based on meaning but AFTER you do the split based on the agreement sub verb.........otherwise you get in serious trouble.

Be carefull whe you analize a question ;)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 111
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 12

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 23:24
All right! :D Bring the tougher one's! :x :x
_________________

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 02:12
I got 7 and 8 wrong. I do not regret for scoring 8 wrong, but I should have scored 7 right as it was an easy one. Between A and E, I chose E. I thinking of correcting the modifier issue and in the process I totally missed that the choice E has no main verb. Need to keep an open eye on all issues.

Thanks for posting the questions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2013, 11:47
Can you put the answers and explanations for each one on here so that we do not have to ask individually for each one? it would be appreciated. If you cant, can you please put the full explanation for #13? Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Preparing for GMAT
Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 12:28
Hi Carcass,

Can you please explain more on Why choice 'E' here is wrong. I donot understand why there is no main verb ? can you please break up the subject verb in the sentence I think that is my weakness

7) A positive cure for rabies, scientists believe, may be found within the next
decade

(A) scientists believe, may be
(B) scientists may believe to be
(C) in the belief of some scientists, should be
(D) there are some scientists who believe it may be
(E) which, some scientists believe, may be


Explanation:
Official Answer (OA) – A
Concepts Tested – Meaning, Verb, Wordiness, Run-on
The sentence is correct as written.

B distorts the meaning by changing the placement of ‘may’. It is also missing a
main verb

C - The usage of should distorts the meaning because ‘should’ implies that the
scientists ‘suggest’ (and not ‘believe’) that a cure be found. ‘In the belief of’ is
wordy

D is a run-on sentence because it uses a comma to connect two independent
clauses

E is missing a main verb


I truly appreciate the time & effort to reply
_________________

Its not over yet!!!

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 32
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 39

Carried by strong winds, the eruption of the volcano caused [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 06:51
12) Carried by strong winds, the eruption of the volcano caused dust that crossed the
United States in three days and circled the globe in three weeks.

(A) the eruption of the volcano caused dust that
(B) the volcano’s eruption caused dust that
(C) dust from the eruption of the volcano that
(D) there was dust from the eruption of the volcano and it
(E) dust from the eruption of the volcano


[Reveal] Spoiler: OE
26). Official Answer (OA) – E
The original sentence starts with the modifying phrase - Carried by strong winds, - so whatever was carried by strong winds needs to follow the comma. It
obviously has to be the ‘dust’ that was carried by strong winds so the answer has to be either C or E.
The usage of ‘that’ in C results in the sentence missing a main verb; hence E is the best answer


I could use some kudos :)
_________________

I have no idea what I'd have done without GMAT Club!

I'm still new here, so I could use some kudos. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 32
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 39

Re: Carried by strong winds, the eruption of the volcano caused [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 06:55
I got the answer correct, but I have a query on the OE, specifically this one -

The usage of ‘that’ in C results in the sentence missing a main verb; hence E is the best answer


Can someone elaborate how including "that" results in the sentence missing a main verb?

Thanks!
-jeff
_________________

I have no idea what I'd have done without GMAT Club!

I'm still new here, so I could use some kudos. Thanks!

Expert Post
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2445
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2624 [0], given: 697

Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 07:37
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Posts: 20
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 10:37
carcass wrote:
1) According to a study, overworked truck drivers caused more than 160 crashes
last year, they fell asleep at the wheel.

(A) year, they fell
(B) year, and falling
(C) year, and they fell
(D) year by falling
(E) year, so they were falling


2) It is difficult to study the depths of the Arctic Ocean, primarily due to the icy
surface being
difficult to penetrate using current technology.

(A) primarily due to the icy surface being
(B) primarily due to the icy surface is
(C) because the primarily icy surface is
(D) primarily caused by the icy surface
(E) primarily because the icy surface is


3) Several of the drownings that occurred last summer which were caused by
people who were careless.


(A) which were caused by people who were careless
(B) that were a result of people’s carelessness
(C) are a result of the carelessness of the people
(D) were caused by the carelessness of people
(E) happened from people being careless


4) Galileo had disproved a widely accepted theory of astronomy when he showed
that the earth was round.

(A) had disproved
(B) disproved
(C) disproves
(D) has disproved
(E) having disproved


5) As the economy battles recession, the Board of Directors of the company
believes that they will be able to maintain profits by tapping into new markets
abroad

(A) believes that they will be able to maintain profits by
(B) believe that it will be able to maintain profits by means of
(C) believes that it will be able to maintain profits by
(D) have a belief that they will maintain profits by
(E) believe in maintaining profits and



6) The three volumes of the author’s biography begin with his childhood in a small
village and culminate
with his years at Stanford University, one of the best
universities in the United States.

(A) begin with his childhood in a small village and culminate
(B) that begin with his childhood in a small village and culminate
(C) beginning with his childhood in a small village and culminating
(D) have begun with his childhood in a small village and culminated
(E) are begun as a child in a small village and culminate


7) A positive cure for rabies, scientists believe, may be found within the next
decade

(A) scientists believe, may be
(B) scientists may believe to be
(C) in the belief of some scientists, should be
(D) there are some scientists who believe it may be
(E) which, some scientists believe, may be


8) Some critics have deemed the musician’s new composition confusing, because of
its unusual structure, and its melodious final movement makes it elegant

(A) structure, and its melodious final movement makes it elegant
(B) structure, although elegant by having its melodious final movement
(C) structure, and it is elegant with its melodious final movement
(D) structure while having a melodious final movement that makes it elegant
(E) structure yet elegant because of its melodious final movement



9) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced, and
tons of noxious emissions are kept
out of the atmosphere.

(A) By constructing new windmill farms, consumption of fossil fuels are reduced,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(B) By constructing new windmill farms, it reduces consumption of fossil fuels,
and tons of noxious emissions are kept
(C) Constructing new windmill farms reduces fossil fuel consumption and keeps
tons of noxious emissions
(D) When new windmill farms are constructed, they reduce fossil fuel
consumption, and it keeps tons of noxious emissions
(E) New windmill farms, when constructed, reduce fossil fuel consumption, and
also tons of noxious emissions are kept


10) The famous battle depicted in the movie took place in England, and many people
assume that it was
Ireland

(A) and many people assume that it was
(B) many people assuming
(C) not what many people assume
(D) not, as many people assume, in
(E) but many people assume it to be


11) The origin of the scandal can be traced to the presidency of Warren Harding,
Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover.

(A) can be traced to the presidency of
(B) took place in the presidency of
(C) happened in the presidencies of
(D) can be traced to the presidencies of
(E) that took place in the presidencies of


12) Carried by strong winds, the eruption of the volcano caused dust that crossed the
United States in three days and circled the globe in three weeks.

(A) the eruption of the volcano caused dust that
(B) the volcano’s eruption caused dust that
(C) dust from the eruption of the volcano that
(D) there was dust from the eruption of the volcano and it
(E) dust from the eruption of the volcano



13) The principal, having increased the number of teachers in the school, is being
accused of maintaining a poor ratio of students to a teacher.

(A) The principal, having increased the number of teachers in the school, is being
(B) The principal, increasing the number of teachers in the school, however is still
being
(C) Although the principal has begun to increase the number of teachers in the
school, is still being
(D) Although the principal has increased the number of teachers in the school, he
is still being
(E) Although the principal has increased the number of teachers in the school, yet
he is being

14) The shift from traditional dentistry to cosmetic dentistry is due to adults getting
fewer cavities and becoming
more conscious of their looks.

(A) dentistry to cosmetic dentistry is due to adults getting fewer cavities and
becoming
(B) dentistry to cosmetic dentistry is happening because fewer adults are getting
cavities and they are also becoming
(C) dentistry to cosmetic dentistry is because of adults who are getting both
fewer cavities and becoming
(D) dentistry to cosmetic dentistry is taking place because adults are getting
fewer cavities and are also becoming
(E) dentistry to cosmetic dentistry occurs because of adults getting fewer cavities
and becomes

15) If asked to name a favourite musical group, the Beatles would be the choice for
many, no matter what types of music are actually preferred.


(A) the Beatles would be the choice for many, no matter what types of music are
actually preferred
(B) the Beatles will be chosen by many people, no matter what types of music
they actually prefer
(C) the choice for many people, whatever kinds of music they actually prefer,
would be the Beatles
(D) many people, who actually preferred different types of music, choose the
Beatles
(E) many people, no matter what types of music they actually prefer, would
choose the Beatles

Enjoy.


in 15 why not C ?
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 659
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 40

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 10:52
Quote:
If asked to name a favourite musical group, the Beatles would be the choice for
many, no matter what types of music are actually preferred.

(A) the Beatles would be the choice for many, no matter what types of music are
actually preferred
(B) the Beatles will be chosen by many people, no matter what types of music
they actually prefer
(C) the choice for many people, whatever kinds of music they actually prefer,
would be the Beatles
(D) many people, who actually preferred different types of music, choose the
Beatles
(E) many people, no matter what types of music they actually prefer, would
choose the Beatles


C would be wrong
the modifier :If asked to name a favourite musical group should make sense with the subject after the comma .the "the choice for many people" can never be asked to "name a favourite musical group" .but yes people can be asked for the same !!
make sense ?
Expert Post
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2445
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2624 [0], given: 697

Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 11:22
Expert's post
Re: Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2014, 11:22
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
19 Experts publish their posts in the topic Meaning/Clarity 6.Accounting and cost-management are an exam carcass 29 10 Jan 2013, 16:43
55 Experts publish their posts in the topic Meaning/clarity 1. American Heart Association researchers souvik101990 21 02 Dec 2012, 06:08
The most chance of being an isomniac is not the overworked perfectstranger 7 20 Aug 2009, 03:27
car truck dtaneja 1 02 Jun 2009, 02:48
Trucking Capthan 2 19 Apr 2008, 00:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Meaning/clarity 2.According to a study, overworked truck dri

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 44 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.