1) Accounting and cost-management are an example of financial fields that
have shortages in staffing.
(A) are an example of financial fields that
(B) are examples of financial fields that
(C) are examples of a financial field that
(D) exemplify a financial field which
(E) exemplify financial fields where they
2 ) The revolutionary filmmaker introduced close-ups and special effects, also she set
vehicles on fire, used cables in special effects sequences, and ran film
(A) effects, also she set
(B) effects, and also she sets
(C) effects, she set
(D) effects; she also set
(E) effects by setting
3) Studying the art for several years, practicing difficult notes every day, and frequent performances has enabled the young pianist
to secure a contract with the country's biggest music company.
(A) and frequent performances has enabled the young pianist
(B) as well as frequent performances have enabled the young pianist
(C) and performing frequently, the young pianist has been enabled
(D) and frequent performances have enabled the young pianist
(E) and performing frequently enabled the young pianist
4) One of the world’s most renowned abstract painters, critics once mocked Piet Mondrian
for his technique of splattering paint on canvases
(A) critics once mocked Piet Mondrian
(B) Piet Mondrian was mocked by critics once
(C) Piet Mondrian had been once mocked by critics
(D) Piet Mondrian was once mocked by critics
(E) Piet Mondrian once mocked by critics
5) Secretariat, the legendary horse that became the first US Triple Crown champion in twenty five years and set records that still stand today, and
the hero of the movie Secretariat.
(B) and that has become
(C) and that is
(E) having been
6) The relatively unknown band of musicians, in order to get popular quickly, sold their CDs cheaply to fans
, who in turn shared this music with their friends.
(A) sold their CDs cheaply to fans
(B) sold its CDs cheap to fans
(C) are selling their CDs cheaply to fans
(D) sells its cheap CDs to fans
(E) sold its CDs cheaply to fans
7) Ten times as many frog species inhabit the Amazonian rainforests as in
the Australian forests
(A) as in
(B) as inhabit
(C) than are inhabitants of
(D) than does
(E) as opposed to in
8) Greg, feeling bored and dejected, and he
was able to finish the task in time nonetheless.
(A) Greg, feeling bored and dejected, and he
(B) Greg felt bored and dejected,
(C) Although Greg felt bored and dejected, he
(D) Greg, feeling bored and dejected,
(E) Because he was feeling bored and dejected, Greg
9) The villagers leave their homes at the stroke of dawn to hike six miles up steep, dangerous trails to the forests, to be returning by late afternoon
with huge loads of firewood on their backs.
(A) forests, to be returning by late afternoon
(B) forests, and it is late afternoon by the time that they return
(C) forests; they return late by afternoon
(D) forests and return by late afternoon
(E) forests, to have returned by late afternoon
10) The Contemporary Art Society is an organization that provides information and guidance for all lovers of contemporary art and giving them discounts on artefacts.
(A) provides information and guidance for all lovers of contemporary art and
giving them discounts on artefacts.
(B) provides information, guidance, and the getting of discounts on artefacts for
all lovers of contemporary art
(C) not only provides information and guidance to all lovers of contemporary art
but also gives them discounts on artefacts.
(D) has not only been providing information and guidance to all lovers of
contemporary art but giving them discounts on artefacts as well.
(E) not only provides information and guidance to all lovers of contemporary art
but also gives them discounted artefacts.
The last set. The last OAs the last OEs
After, I hope a lot of discussions here, I'll do a single post with a little surprise stay tuned.
KUDOS is the good manner to help the entire community.