Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 147
Location: So. CA
WE 1: 2 IT
WE 2: 4 Software Analyst
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 23:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  5% (low)

Question Stats:

76% (02:20) correct 23% (01:38) wrong based on 30 sessions
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Pluto was not discovered until 1930
(B) There is a belt of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto with powerful gravitational pull.
(C) Neither Neptune nor Pluto is as massive as Uranus.
(D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets.
(E) Uranus' orbit is closer to Neptune's orbit than it is to Pluto's.

i narrowed it down to 2 choices in which the rest are out of scope, but i really don't understand the argument. maybe i got lucky with the answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 6

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 00:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
gtr022001 wrote:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Pluto was not discovered until 1930
(B) There is a belt of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto with powerful gravitational pull.
(C) Neither Neptune nor Pluto is as massive as Uranus.
(D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets.
(E) Uranus' orbit is closer to Neptune's orbit than it is to Pluto's.

i narrowed it down to 2 choices in which the rest are out of scope, but i really don't understand the argument. maybe i got lucky with the answer.


This is a weaken question. So, we have to find the conclusion and attack it.

Premise: Uranus pulled away from the sun and inner planets
Premise: Neptune and Pluto are farther from the sun, but no mass to attract Uranus

Conclusion :Therefore, there must be an undiscovered planet pulling Uranus away by gravitation forces


As soon as I read the stimulus and the question stem, I knew I had to look for an alternate explanation for the phenomenon in order to weaken the conclusion.

A) Out of Scope.
B) Correct - It's not a new planet that attracts Uranus, but commets with powerful gravitation. Here is the alternate explanation.
C) So it's unlikely that they do the trick. We already know that.
D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets. No effect on the conclusion. We already know that some other than the sun object influences Uranus movement. We just have to make sure it's not a new planet
E) Neptune and Pluto are mentioned in the passage in order to be excluded as possible causes. The distinction between them is irrelevant.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Status: There is always something new !!
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 1368
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 121 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 00:14
1
This post received
KUDOS
gtr022001 wrote:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Pluto was not discovered until 1930
(B) There is a belt of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto with powerful gravitational pull.
(C) Neither Neptune nor Pluto is as massive as Uranus.
(D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets.
(E) Uranus' orbit is closer to Neptune's orbit than it is to Pluto's.

i narrowed it down to 2 choices in which the rest are out of scope, but i really don't understand the argument. maybe i got lucky with the answer.


The conclusion has been marked Bold.
The conclusion states that there must be some other planet yet to be discovered.

As a general principal for Weakening questions,the answer options which is the closest to the conclusion and has the max impact on it wins. Moreover, the answer option can also give additional or new information which will undermine the conclusion.

So, to undermine the conclusion the answer Option B states that there are some Comets with strong G-pull.Hence, these comets might be causing the G-pull on planet Uranus instead of some other planet.Thus, the conslusion is undermined.

Thus B prevails.
I believe this must help you.
_________________

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 85
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 00:24
B it is..

it gives an alternate explanation than what is stated in the question stem.

Last edited by kanhaiya on 02 Dec 2010, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 147
Location: So. CA
WE 1: 2 IT
WE 2: 4 Software Analyst
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 00:28
ah, ok your explanations help a lot. i wasn't connecting the conclusion to the g-pull, the alternate explanation makes sense now. the whole time i was thinking that the answer had to do with the g-pull which i narrowed down to choice (b) and (d)
Manager
Manager
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 94
Location: india
WE 1: 1.3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 03:30
if b is correct then question must that 'comets exist beyond uranus' and not
' beyond the orbit of Pluto'
p n u sun
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4178
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 895

Kudos [?]: 3795 [0], given: 148

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 11:53
Expert's post
adhithya wrote:
if b is correct then question must that 'comets exist beyond uranus' and not
' beyond the orbit of Pluto'
p n u sun


The argument tells us that Neptune and Pluto are beyond Uranus. Since they are not exerting the force on Uranus, the conclusion is that there is another planet beyond Pluto that we haven't yet discovered.
Option (B) tells that they there is a comet belt beyond Pluto with powerful pull. Hence, instead of a planet, the comets might be pulling Uranus away.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 37

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 18:42
Answer B tells that it is not Neptune or Pluto, but some other comets that exert the pull on Uranus...
In weaking questions we can have a choice which gives another reason.
So (B)
_________________

Thanks,
VP

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 266
Schools: UC Berkley, UCLA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 66

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 08:22
B is good.
_________________

Thank you for your kudoses Everyone!!!


"It always seems impossible until its done."
-Nelson Mandela

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 172
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 08:38
Answer B provides the weakener we are looking for. Something else besides another planet is pulling the outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto). Notice the stem only mentions the inner planets so all 3 of these outer planets are subject to this pull.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 66
Schools: UNC Kenan-Flagler, IU Kelley, Emory GSB
WE 1: 5 yrs
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 50

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 03:16
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
adhithya wrote:
if b is correct then question must that 'comets exist beyond uranus' and not
' beyond the orbit of Pluto'
p n u sun


The argument tells us that Neptune and Pluto are beyond Uranus. Since they are not exerting the force on Uranus, the conclusion is that there is another planet beyond Pluto that we haven't yet discovered.
Option (B) tells that they there is a comet belt beyond Pluto with powerful pull. Hence, instead of a planet, the comets might be pulling Uranus away.


Hi Karishma,

But why isn't D good? D states that sun itself exerts lesser pull on uranus - so the cause is not the presence of a planet, its the absence of sun's pull itself...this very much undermines the argument...

eg. A jaguar is a very expensive car. Since John bought a jaguar, he mustv'e been helped financially by X.
Here the assumption is that everyone pays same for Jaguar. But if it so happens that the company charges very little from John, the argument stands weakened.
Though a statement such as: 'Z helps John too' also undermines the argument, I found the former better.

I really cant pinpoint the difference between B and D.
_________________

The night is at its darkest just before the dawn... never, ever give up!

1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4178
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 895

Kudos [?]: 3795 [1] , given: 148

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 08:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
yossarian84 wrote:

Hi Karishma,

But why isn't D good? D states that sun itself exerts lesser pull on uranus - so the cause is not the presence of a planet, its the absence of sun's pull itself...this very much undermines the argument...

eg. A jaguar is a very expensive car. Since John bought a jaguar, he mustv'e been helped financially by X.
Here the assumption is that everyone pays same for Jaguar. But if it so happens that the company charges very little from John, the argument stands weakened.
Though a statement such as: 'Z helps John too' also undermines the argument, I found the former better.

I really cant pinpoint the difference between B and D.



The issue at hand is "Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets." - the first line of the question. Uranus is being tugged by a force opposite to the direction of the Sun's pull. We are interested in the source of that pull. It doesn't matter how strong the Sun's pull is. If Sun's pull is weaker, the opposite force doesn't need to be very strong. If Sun's pull is stronger, the opposite force is even stronger. Bottom line, we need to find the source of the pull which is acting opposite to the Sun's pull. The argument says that the source of that pull cannot be the outer planets since their mass isn't enough. Hence there must be another planet beyond Pluto. But we undermine the argument by saying that there are comets with powerful pull beyond Pluto. So they could be the source rather than a planet yet to be discovered.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 11:05
billnepill wrote:
gtr022001 wrote:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Pluto was not discovered until 1930
(B) There is a belt of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto with powerful gravitational pull.
(C) Neither Neptune nor Pluto is as massive as Uranus.
(D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets.
(E) Uranus' orbit is closer to Neptune's orbit than it is to Pluto's.

i narrowed it down to 2 choices in which the rest are out of scope, but i really don't understand the argument. maybe i got lucky with the answer.


This is a weaken question. So, we have to find the conclusion and attack it.

Premise: Uranus pulled away from the sun and inner planets
Premise: Neptune and Pluto are farther from the sun, but no mass to attract Uranus
Conclusion :Therefore, there must be an undiscovered planet pulling Uranus away by gravitation forces

D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets. No effect on the conclusion. We already know that some other than the sun object influences Uranus movement. We just have to make sure it's not a new planet

It is nowhere mentioned in the stimulus that some other than the sun object influences uranus movement .The stimulus says "seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets"
So what if no force that pulls uranus away actually exists , It is the sun that pulls all the all the planets toward itself . Uranus is the only planet for which the suns force is not strong enough
_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 11:09
mundasingh123 wrote:
billnepill wrote:
gtr022001 wrote:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Pluto was not discovered until 1930
(B) There is a belt of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto with powerful gravitational pull.
(C) Neither Neptune nor Pluto is as massive as Uranus.
(D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets.
(E) Uranus' orbit is closer to Neptune's orbit than it is to Pluto's.

i narrowed it down to 2 choices in which the rest are out of scope, but i really don't understand the argument. maybe i got lucky with the answer.


This is a weaken question. So, we have to find the conclusion and attack it.

Premise: Uranus pulled away from the sun and inner planets
Premise: Neptune and Pluto are farther from the sun, but no mass to attract Uranus
Conclusion :Therefore, there must be an undiscovered planet pulling Uranus away by gravitation forces

D) The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is weaker than the force it exerts on the inner planets. No effect on the conclusion. We already know that some other than the sun object influences Uranus movement. We just have to make sure it's not a new planet

Hi Karishma,I emphasize the word " seem to "
Cant it mean that something seems to exist but actually it does not.A force seems to exists but actually it does not exist
It is nowhere mentioned in the stimulus that some other than the sun object influences uranus movement .The stimulus says "seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets"
So what if no force that pulls uranus away actually exists , It is the sun that pulls all the all the planets toward itself . Uranus is the only planet for which the suns force is not strong enough

_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4178
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 895

Kudos [?]: 3795 [0], given: 148

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 13:57
Expert's post
mundasingh123 wrote:
It is nowhere mentioned in the stimulus that some other than the sun object influences uranus movement .The stimulus says "seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets"
So what if no force that pulls uranus away actually exists , It is the sun that pulls all the all the planets toward itself . Uranus is the only planet for which the suns force is not strong enough


Argument:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Look at the colored portion above.. Measurements indicate that a force is acting to pull Uranus away from the Sun... (When no force acts on a body, it maintains straight line motion (or something like that, I dont remember my Physics well).. Sun acts on Uranus because of which Uranus revolves around the sun. How strong this force is doesn't matter because it is enough to make Uranus revolve around the Sun. If this force is less than that which Sun exerts on the inner planets, it doesn't bother us (as suggested in option D). The argument doesn't say that strength of the force that Sun exerts has changed or is decreasing.) Measurements are indicating another force acting against the Sun's force. So we are looking for the source of this force acting against the Sun's force.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 00:38
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
mundasingh123 wrote:
It is nowhere mentioned in the stimulus that some other than the sun object influences uranus movement .The stimulus says "seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets"
So what if no force that pulls uranus away actually exists , It is the sun that pulls all the all the planets toward itself . Uranus is the only planet for which the suns force is not strong enough


Argument:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Look at the colored portion above.. Measurements indicate that a force is acting to pull Uranus away from the Sun... (When no force acts on a body, it maintains straight line motion (or something like that, I dont remember my Physics well).. Sun acts on Uranus because of which Uranus revolves around the sun. How strong this force is doesn't matter because it is enough to make Uranus revolve around the Sun. If this force is less than that which Sun exerts on the inner planets, it doesn't bother us (as suggested in option D). The argument doesn't say that strength of the force that Sun exerts has changed or is decreasing.) Measurements are indicating another force acting against the Sun's force. So we are looking for the source of this force acting against the Sun's force.

Hi Karishma thanks for taking the time out to answer the question raised by a number of people repeatedly.
Lastly , can you tell us how should we consider the words "seem to " in bold in the quoted para above.Should we interpret "seem to " as apparently or actually.
_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 4178
Location: Pune, India
Followers: 895

Kudos [?]: 3795 [0], given: 148

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 04:29
Expert's post
mundasingh123 wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
mundasingh123 wrote:
It is nowhere mentioned in the stimulus that some other than the sun object influences uranus movement .The stimulus says "seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets"
So what if no force that pulls uranus away actually exists , It is the sun that pulls all the all the planets toward itself . Uranus is the only planet for which the suns force is not strong enough


Argument:
Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show Uranus being tugged by a force pulling it away from the Sun and the inner planets. Neptune and Pluto, the two known planets whose orbits are farther from the Sun than is the orbit of Uranus, do not have enough mass to exert the force that the measurements indicate. Therefore, in addition to the known planets, there must be at least one planet in our solar system that we have yet to discover.

Look at the colored portion above.. Measurements indicate that a force is acting to pull Uranus away from the Sun... (When no force acts on a body, it maintains straight line motion (or something like that, I dont remember my Physics well).. Sun acts on Uranus because of which Uranus revolves around the sun. How strong this force is doesn't matter because it is enough to make Uranus revolve around the Sun. If this force is less than that which Sun exerts on the inner planets, it doesn't bother us (as suggested in option D). The argument doesn't say that strength of the force that Sun exerts has changed or is decreasing.) Measurements are indicating another force acting against the Sun's force. So we are looking for the source of this force acting against the Sun's force.

Hi Karishma thanks for taking the time out to answer the question raised by a number of people repeatedly.
Lastly , can you tell us how should we consider the words "seem to " in bold in the quoted para above.Should we interpret "seem to " as apparently or actually.


'Measurements seem to show' means that 'measurements are indicating'... Whether there actually is a force pulling the planet or not is not established. It is a hypothesis based on the measurements.

e.g. Her behavior seems to show she is in trouble.
'indication received from her behavior'

If option D were: The force the Sun exerts on Uranus is decreasing every year or something, our conclusion might have been weakened. But D only compares the force exerted on Uranus with the force exerted on other planets which is irrelevant to us.
_________________

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 659
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 51

GMAT Tests User
Re: Motion of the planet Uranus [#permalink] New post 06 May 2011, 02:18
this is a simple B , took 1:03 mins , may be because i remember my physics very well. sometimes familiarity with the subject matter really helps, at other times some really awkward subject comes up and takes away too much time
_________________

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Re: Motion of the planet Uranus   [#permalink] 06 May 2011, 02:18
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
New posts Recent studies show that even after expensive measures have karthikmeda 5 14 Aug 2005, 20:15
New posts In laws of motion gmatbull 2 13 Jul 2010, 22:41
New posts Simultaneous Motion GMATD11 6 13 Mar 2011, 08:37
New posts It Seems!!! TRISTLW 3 06 Sep 2011, 13:57
New posts 4 Experts publish their posts in the topic The pie chart shows a company's expenses. What is the measur fozzzy 2 15 Jun 2013, 04:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Measurements of the motion of the planet Uranus seem to show

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.