Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the responses.

Here’s more information: Given the symptoms, the visual conditions one would think I have, and that which ODs and MDs have "diagnosed" me with, typically respond well to treatment. However, no positive response from treatment has been experienced, thus the original diagnosis tends to be second-guessed. Unfortunately, that's as far as it gets. Ultimately then it may be difficult to obtain something that states a specific condition, and may just cite what patient reports. Would this carry less credence?

Presently, however, I do have a referral letter written by an OD explaining/verifying my symptoms, and can certainly obtain more such letters. Is this sufficient documentation?

Looking beyond B-school, won’t I face the same dilemma, if not even tougher one, during recruiting?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, you could face the problem again in recruiting. Probably the best thing for you to do is to get a couple of years of work experience under your belt, where you can hopefully build a history of overcoming your condition. Once you can demonstrate that you're able to work with the condition (hopefully you will be able to do so), then apply. This should actually be looked upon favorably as a good example of you overcoming adversity.

Good luck!
Scott
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks again. I definately feel working for a couple of years is the way to go, and have been looking for a good position for some months now. It's only because of the amount of time that's passed since graduation, that I feel to some degree pushed to enter B-school now, while I'm of prime age. To be perfectly honest, I'm very concerned about "the age thing" and ideally would like to start no older than 30. That basically means starting 2006.

One question about work experience. Certainly, if you apply to schols during the early phases of the process, you are almost a full year away from the start of the academic year. Obviously most intend to work at their current job during this year. So does this year count as work experience even though it hasn't taken place yet?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
No, for the purposes of your application, the coming year won't count as work experience. They'll just count what you've done so far. Note, though, that when you look at schools' stats, they're usually quoting stats for the incoming class. So, those people will generally have one more year of experience (or a little less) than they did when they applied. Just keep that in mind when you're comparing yourself (at the time of the app) to the schools' stats.

Scott
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You might find the following interesting . . .

Dartmouth

Nondiscrimination Policy
At Tuck, we have long been committed to a policy against discrimination. Tuck does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our compliance to this stated policy, please feel free to contact: Dartmouth's Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity at 603-646-3197. Tuck is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment.

Vanderbilt

In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Vanderbilt University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of educational policies, programs or activities; its admissions policies; scholarship and loan programs; athletic or other University-administered programs; or employment. Inquiries or complaints may be directed to the Opportunity Development Officer, Baker Building, Box 1809 Station B, Nashville, Tennessee 37235. Phone 615-322-4705 (V/TDD); fax 615-421-6871.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]