Never posted on this forum before, but after my GMAT scores today, I felt that I need to thank a lot of you folks
I have been procrastinating studying for my GMAT...but 3 weeks ago..decided enough is enough and scheduled a test......so basically 3 weeks to study..said to myself "no sweat"
I was acing the quant section (because i work as an engineer doing ALOT of math and probability)....and the verbal section was..er..to put it mildly...SUCKY ! and i just tried more tests and the scores did not get any better...
then i discovered this website, and learnt ALOT in 1 WEEK..tips on verbal and even spidey's notes from testmagic were GREAT...
bottom line...i came with a 720 today (with a 90 percentile in Quant - well below my expectations, but an 85 percentile in verbal - WELL ABOVE what i hoped to score)...so A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS who have posted stuff here...
1) the essays were a good warmer...made me comfortable with the test area
2) USE YOUR BREAKS ! i walked out..washed my face with cold water...had something to drink ..flexed myself...WAS wonderful to do that !
3) DONOT TRY TO PREDICT YOUR SCORES
- after my quant section i was sure id get a 99 percentile in math and
- during my verbal section, i thought that I would have to RETAKE this test, and that I will not get more than a 630.....WRONG !!!!
the 720 came as a COMPLETE SURPRISE.....because i thought that i screwed up my verbal...but not..i systematically used a lot of tips from this site and spidey's notes and worked with intuition (1 week is not enough to develop confidence in that intuition though!!)...and it worked
SO DO NOT--noo..NEVER try to predict ur scores during the test...you will do well...
so 3 weeks...and notes and tips from you folks...i got a 720...i would have liked a 740 or 760 like some of my pals...but im not complaing
keep up the good work folks