Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Never posted on this forum before, but after my GMAT scores today, I felt that I need to thank a lot of you folks
I have been procrastinating studying for my GMAT...but 3 weeks ago..decided enough is enough and scheduled a test......so basically 3 weeks to study..said to myself "no sweat"
I was acing the quant section (because i work as an engineer doing ALOT of math and probability)....and the verbal section was..er..to put it mildly...SUCKY ! and i just tried more tests and the scores did not get any better...
then i discovered this website, and learnt ALOT in 1 WEEK..tips on verbal and even spidey's notes from testmagic were GREAT...
bottom line...i came with a 720 today (with a 90 percentile in Quant - well below my expectations, but an 85 percentile in verbal - WELL ABOVE what i hoped to score)...so A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS who have posted stuff here...
1) the essays were a good warmer...made me comfortable with the test area
2) USE YOUR BREAKS ! i walked out..washed my face with cold water...had something to drink ..flexed myself...WAS wonderful to do that !
3) DONOT TRY TO PREDICT YOUR SCORES
- after my quant section i was sure id get a 99 percentile in math and
- during my verbal section, i thought that I would have to RETAKE this test, and that I will not get more than a 630.....WRONG !!!!
the 720 came as a COMPLETE SURPRISE.....because i thought that i screwed up my verbal...but not..i systematically used a lot of tips from this site and spidey's notes and worked with intuition (1 week is not enough to develop confidence in that intuition though!!)...and it worked
SO DO NOT--noo..NEVER try to predict ur scores during the test...you will do well...
so 3 weeks...and notes and tips from you folks...i got a 720...i would have liked a 740 or 760 like some of my pals...but im not complaing
keep up the good work folks
message in a bottle
23 Aug 2005, 06:15