Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
MGMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2007, 18:26
Hi

Just took the MGMAT CAT 1 and it totally shook my confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I got so dperessed that I stopped the test in between.

The Quant there is horrible..nothing like I have seen in any of the prep books..

What do you guys think? How hard is actual GMAT quant to MGMAT?
What should I do to improve the Quant score?

I have been doing pretty well on quants from other books..but MGMAT Quant...thats tough!!!
-Cruiser
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2007, 19:00
cruiser wrote:
Hi

Just took the MGMAT CAT 1 and it totally shook my confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I got so dperessed that I stopped the test in between.

The Quant there is horrible..nothing like I have seen in any of the prep books..

What do you guys think? How hard is actual GMAT quant to MGMAT?
What should I do to improve the Quant score?

I have been doing pretty well on quants from other books..but MGMAT Quant...thats tough!!!
-Cruiser

MGMAT Quant is a real pants pooper as someone else quoted on here.
Still its good practice. Eventually ur gunna wanna take GMATPrep. Also if you don't have it, get the OG!!! I found these problems so close to GMATPrep. When I first did my GMATPrep I was amazed at how easy most of the quant problems were.

You seem to do very well in the verbal forum so I don't think that will be any trouble for ya on the GMAT.

Keep it up!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2007, 09:32
the important thing is to have your basics down.. the MGMAT quants are way too consuming and may not be as representative to the real GMAT questions as GMATPREP. so MGMAT quants are good practice but dont let that shake your confidence.. good luck
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2007, 12:53
I agree, the MGMAT practice exams will make you want to quit, but I must say, today after a year of practice and coming from a non-traditional background (fashion design), I am making serious progress using their books, and online course. I have been going at this GMAT for over a year straight and if I score anything over 600 I will be happy. My first practice test was a 360 with Princeton Review, and I never pasted 390 after taking the full course and 3 practice test.

With Manhattan GMAT my practice test went from 410 - 560, and I am pushing harder to break that 600 and I plan to take the test mid or end of Oct. So dont give up on them, if I can do it, with no math or english courses in college, other than art history, you can do it.

I find it helpful to take a test, and print out all the answers to the ones you got wrong and go over them until you get it. I go over them during my commute to Manhattan.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2007, 10:54
Yeah the MGMAT quant is a kick in the face. But when you put things in perspective (I took a look at some of the questions from a Kaplan CAT vs the MGMAT CAT) you realize that to do well on the GMAT you need to have confidence. So if you take several MGMAT CATs, review your mistakes, and then take the powerprep (which has questions from actual GMATs and noticeably easier that MGMAT) your confidence should go up up up.

Just like in dodgeball -- if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball. :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

don't quit... you maybe surprised at the result [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2007, 12:44
I took an MGMAT CAT today and had a very similar experience during the quant... questions were all "hardbin+", with several additional levels of "resolution logic" necessary to solve most of the problems than one would see on the OG. Nuts. But, since I already allocated the time for the practice test, I decided to trudge through it, at least to see if I'm solid on my timing.

When I finished the quant, I didn't have enough time for the last question and felt like I got about 50% right. Since my practice on the OG is around 90%, I was slightly shocked. Brushed it off. Took the verbal.

When I finished the entire test, I put my palm to my eyes and peeked through to see the result (first number 6? 5??)... 700!! Yells, screams, and jumping ensued, followed by a look at the rights-and-wrongs, and as expected, I got over 30% wrong on the math but I rocked my verbal. (I have an engineering background, teehee.)

Moral of the story: MGMAT CAT is not the best practice CAT option, definitely not for your last couple of weeks before the test (now I know!)... but it is still decent practice for timing, endurance, and a little bit of variety. If nothing else, it will make the real thing seem easy =)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2007, 06:17
I took MGMAT CAT 2 yesterday and scored a 730.
But I had to tause the clock in the Maths section...

Do people actually finish MGMAT CAT's without pausing clock in the Quant section...

All the questions seemed very time consuming....
  [#permalink] 08 Oct 2007, 06:17