Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 135 [2] , given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 12:53
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

MGMAT Advanced SC workshop and what to expect

Recently i attended a MGMAT advanced SC workshop moderated by Ryan and Mark Sullivan. The session costs $250 on the MGMAT site. This Session is not about solving few extremely difficult questions that you may expect during your exam , but this is more of when you get a bigger sentence on the GMAT , which is mostly underlined, how you should deconstruct to get to the core. Well, you must be wondering how it is important!! It is very important to realize the actuall essence of a sentence by cutting through the fluff to eliminate 1/2/3 answer choices , with a longer and tougher sentence this tactic is extremely useful. One good thing that this session does not take off at a higher level but it starts with concepts from the 1st chapter and slowly takes you along the curve. The lucid and vivid explanations were just what i needed to answer the tougher set of questions.
Furthermore, the activity of this session continues beyond the 3 hours of interaction. I got a 500+ question to practice from, 6 CAT tests , Flash Cards and many more.
I am very satisfied with overall Session and i am most eagerly looking forward for the advanced Quant Sessions. If you have any questions about the Workshop, do not hesitate to ask here or PM me.

@ MGMAT,
A request for you, please start some sessions similar to this on Critical Reasoning, focussing especially on Main point and Bold Face, which most student fail to get correct.

@ Users
If you have attended any such training/Workshop from any such test prep companies, please share your thoughts with us.

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 32

Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 20:55
Expert's post
Friends ,

Last night i got few PMs, in which everyone wanted to know whether the quality of course was good, whether the money worth the course content and whether it was helpful. I would say the course quality is beyond any questions. Extremely well designed and starts from very basic. The 3 hours course did help me realize few mistakes and i hope now i can avoid such silly mistakes. Well, when it comes to money i can't comment. Half the price of the latest available I-Phone!! But on a comparative note which one would you prefer more at this moment, half of a latest i-Phone or a brilliant Gmat score ? you have to decide on that

P.S All the feedback/experience shared above is only for Advanced SC Workshop. I here clearly mention that i have not undergone any other workshop and have no idea about those workshops that i haven't attended.

Regards,

S

Regards,

S

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-01-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 17:16
Was this an online or in-class workshop?

I've taken all 6 MGMAT CAT exams and my average is correct is 7.33 (out of 15) on SC. I'd love to get that number to 11 or 12.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 21:02
Expert's post
Hi NeverFlowMore,

This workshop is an online workshop. Its good to know that you are working hard towards your dream. Don't let any distractions get the best of you. I would recommend you this workshop as it might help you think from the angle mentioned above. Deconstructing a sentence , cutting through the fluff and get the actual essence.

Thanks

S

Regards,

S

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 11:22
Thanks for the review. You mentioned that you got 500+ questions from the SC workshop. Are they NEW SC questions? Also, are they "Advanced" questions? Thanks.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:07
Expert's post
Samwong wrote:
Thanks for the review. You mentioned that you got 500+ questions from the SC workshop. Are they NEW SC questions? Also, are they "Advanced" questions? Thanks.

Hey,

yes they are new to me at least.

Regards,

S

Re: MGMAT Advanced SC workshop experience   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 09:07