Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2010, 12:13
As many of you may know, at the end of the major sections in the MGMAT book series there are suggested questions to do in the OG 12 that correlate with the section studied. I have been leery of using the OG 12 until I have finished my studies because I don't want to run out of official questions. I have finished most of the OG 11, so it is not as I haven't gained any experience with official GMAT questions.

I wanted to know if I should go ahead and tackle the suggested questions, or if I should wait until I have finished my MGMAT books.

Thanks in advance.

Also, on a side note, does it annoy any of you that the the Official Guide is set up in such a way that the answer and explanation to the question you are doing is no on the very next page of the book. I hate having to go to the answer section because whenever I do it reveals the other answers to me. On a lot of the official problems, once you have seen the answer, the question is pointless.

Sorry, this was just a side rant. :-D
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 928 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2010, 12:51
First of all give diagnostic test of Og12 and check your level for every type pf question.
If you have problems with any particular type then do OG12 as suggested by Mgmat.

I keep a cover on the answer choices and try to hide the remaining answers.
Another way to do is to do questions randomly.
Eg suppose you have completed 1-30 and by mistake you saw answer of 31-32-33.
Skip next 20 questions and do them later.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 478 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2010, 12:52
Expert's post
I waited to do the OG until after finishing all five of the MGMAT math books. This strategy didn't work for me. Perhaps others will state otherwise, but go ahead and do the suggested questions. If you find that it's not working, then you can always change course.

Although personally never offended by the answer key setup, I have my own grievances with the OG books. The books do not specifically tell me what level of difficulty the questions are, and they lack enough upper level problems.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2010, 07:56
another option is to use the og verbal and quant supplements with the mgmat books and save og12 for after.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2231

Kudos [?]: 8349 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2010, 08:11
Expert's post
Seems like a very similar discussion going in parallel: completing-og12-problems-in-order-or-by-question-type-96994.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: MGMAT Books and Suggested OG 12 Questions   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2010, 08:11