Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: MIT
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2008, 15:05
How well would you all say that the verbal scores on MGMAT CAT's correlate with the actual GMAT verbal scores? It seems that a lot of people get actual GMAT verbal scores that are a bit lower than their MGMAT verbal scores.

So for example, I've gotten a verbal score of 45 on my last four MGMAT CAT's. Is it reasonable to assume that my real GMAT verbal score will be lower than that? What do you think?

Thanks for any input.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2008, 15:14
smkrn wrote:
How well would you all say that the verbal scores on MGMAT CAT's correlate with the actual GMAT verbal scores? It seems that a lot of people get actual GMAT verbal scores that are a bit lower than their MGMAT verbal scores.

So for example, I've gotten a verbal score of 45 on my last four MGMAT CAT's. Is it reasonable to assume that my real GMAT verbal score will be lower than that? What do you think?

Thanks for any input.

My MGMAT scores have lined up with GMATPrep for the most part. Take GMATPrep and see what you get.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 21:30
Well My experience with MGMAT says that verbal is easy as compared to GPREP. Though CRs are tough (almost vague and irrelevant for GMAT), SC's are easy to fix and eliminate, RCs are overall interesting and short.

Disclamer: All the info below is what I collected from various forums on internet: mostly from expert views & opinions.

Current pattern in GMAT, as told by recent takers, says you would see 4 passages, 1 or 2 would be really long (4-5 para), depending on where you r hitting. However, maths is really tough, you wouldn't see such hard questions continuously even if you are going right because after a level, GMAT adjusts to certain difficulty level where some questions would feel hard and some easy, depending upon the topic you are comfortable with.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern, Fuqua
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2009, 13:24
For me, MGMAT was way harder than both GMATPREP and the actual GMAT..

MGMAT Verbal (35, 35) < GMAT Prep Verbal (38, 40) < GMAT (40)
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2009, 17:15
i think the MGMAT verbal is about on par with the GMAT preptests. my verbal score was steadily increasing in each of the 4 MGMAT tests i took, and went from the high 30s to about a 44 i believe on my last test. i don't necessarily believe it's easier than the actual GMAT per se, but at the same time i definitely wouldn't say it's super easy and you should expect a much lower score than what you've been scoring.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 11:11
I think the MGMAT verbal section is slightly more difficult than the GMATPrep. I don't know if "slightly" is the best word to use here, bc I think the CR on MGMAT were a little dubious.
Re: MGMAT CAT Verbal scoring   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2009, 11:11