Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 26

Re: MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 08:31
asingh203 wrote:
The MGMAT algorithm gives the same weightage to the last 10 question as to the first 10 questions(rather more to the last). If you do last 10 questions wrong your score will be screwed.

I took 2 mgmats: In first MGMAT I got 670(Q46 & V36) and in second I got 690(Q51,V34). I didn't do any wrong answer in the first 15 quant question in MGMAT1 and did 2 wrong in MGMAT2. However, the score shows I did better in quant in MGMAT2. The real difference is, I did not do any wrong answer in last 15 questions of MGMAT2.

Q51 on mgmat is fantastic...am stuck at Q40 :(
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 18:43
Bumping this again.

I am seeing a 50 point difference between my MGAT CAT scores and my GMATPrep CAT scores (the latter is very high)...it is quite demoralizing to see my MGMAT scores each time :( It always makes me feel like I made no progress in studying.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 2.86
WE: Account Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690 [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 23:36
Skag55 wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
katjap235 wrote:
To wrap this up... after scoring between 670 and 690 in Manhattan review (as mentioned above), I scored 740 on Kaplan and 740 in the OG Practice Test.

Hence I was pretty confident. On the test day however, I had a really bad day and totally lost my concentration towards the end. I scored a 680 but the problem was not the Quant as I was always told by MGMAT (Q:49, V:34). So the Quant part was much more accurately predicted by Kaplan than by MGMAT.

I studied some verbal, which I hadn't done so far. Did one more Kaplan practice test before the second try and scored 750.

Ended up getting a 760 (q 50, v44), so I can definitely say that the Kaplan tests are pretty accurate at the moment. While my MGMAT practice test before the second exam said 700.

Yeah Mgmat has screwed there scoring algorithm after 29Aug...

Phew! That's some relief! I scored 550 back sometime ago and then 600, and after they changed their algorithm (and I had studied even more) I got a 550 again (whilst getting 650 in gmatprep).

Thank you for posting this, you may have saved me from jumping off a building after my recent attempt on the mgmat. was scoring 740-750 on veritas and just got a 630 on an mgmat. I've never had issues with quant in the past, and the mgmat was down right brutal. I'm taking a gmac test in a few days, I'm hoping that will be a bit better as i head into test day this saturday.
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 74

Re: MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690 [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2014, 11:01
MGMAT quants are way tough.Its really difficult to complete the 700+ questions within 2 mins.I'm stuck in the 670s with below 45 in QA,which is really disheartening.VA surprisingly is better with around 38,even though traditionally I've been better at QA than VA.Read in some forum here that there is +/- 60 point deviation with the actual GMAT.Hope its the +60 for me,what with my GMAT in 2 days!
Re: MGMAT CAT vs the real exam 690   [#permalink] 09 Sep 2014, 11:01