Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT CATs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 181

MGMAT CATs [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 07:46
This post received
KUDOS
What is the average score variation between MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep tests ? usually a higher or lower variation?

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 263

Kudos [?]: 1039 [1] , given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: MGMAT CATs [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 08:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
TheNona wrote:
What is the average score variation between MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep tests ? usually a higher or lower variation?

Hi TheNona,

The variation between the MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep tests is subjective. I scored lower in GMAT Prep tests, but I know a lot of folks who scored higher in GMAT Prep tests. From my experience the initial MGMAT tests will be more accurate than the later ones; the reason for this is that all the questions are drawn from the same question pools, and if you have seen a lot of difficult questions in the initial tests then it may happen that you will not get a good number of harder questions in the later ones. It is really difficult to put a number to the variance between these two test, but conservatively I can say +- 30 score points. In fact MGMAT folks themselves say that the variation from the actual GMAT is _+ 30 points. To say even more conservatively, if you score a 700+ consistently for 3 tests (either MGMAT or GMAT Prep), you can assume that given the same set of external factors your score will be 650+ in actual test conditions. On the other hand if you score around 550 consistently then you can assume you are below the 650+ level and need to work harder to reach that level. Anything that comes close to the actual GMAT a GMAT Prep test.

Another interesting fact - even the actual GMAT has a margin of error of +-20 (or +- 30). No, need to worry about the absolute value of scores, just keep your concepts in place and keep practicing.

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 181

Re: MGMAT CATs [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 09:00
Vercules wrote:
TheNona wrote:

Hi TheNona,

The variation between the MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep tests is subjective. I scored lower in GMAT Prep tests, but I know a lot of folks who scored higher in GMAT Prep tests. From my experience the initial MGMAT tests will be more accurate than the later ones; the reason for this is that all the questions are drawn from the same question pools, and if you have seen a lot of difficult questions in the initial tests then it may happen that you will not get a good number of harder questions in the later ones. It is really difficult to put a number to the variance between these two test, but conservatively I can say +- 30 score points. In fact MGMAT folks themselves say that the variation from the actual GMAT is _+ 30 points. To say even more conservatively, if you score a 700+ consistently for 3 tests (either MGMAT or GMAT Prep), you can assume that given the same set of external factors your score will be 650+ in actual test conditions. On the other hand if you score around 550 consistently then you can assume you are below the 650+ level and need to work harder to reach that level. Anything that comes close to the actual GMAT a GMAT Prep test.

Another interesting fact - even the actual GMAT has a margin of error of +-20 (or +- 30). No, need to worry about the absolute value of scores, just keep your concepts in place and keep practicing.

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Thank you very very much Vercules . You deserve a million kudos in fact :) I scored 540 on my GMAT last month and a 560 on MGMAT CAT less than 10 days ago . Today I scored a 600 with remarkable improvement on the areas I focused on after my last test . That is why I wanted to have a clear range . Thank you again

By the way I would highly appreciate if you take a quick look at your inbox . Thanks in advance :)

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Re: MGMAT CATs   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2013, 09:00