Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT CATs - Buying Guide vs Buying 1 yr access

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MGMAT CATs - Buying Guide vs Buying 1 yr access [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 00:37
Hi All,

I am it a bit of confusion :( I am looking for some practice CATs and found out that MGMAT has 6 good practice tests. Initially I was going through their site and found out that 1 yr access for the test is 50$. However later when I was going through some of the forums I found that we can buy one of their strategy guides which gives access to these 6 tests. Now the strange thing is that one of this guides costs as less as 20$. I am only looking for some CATs but if both the online access purchase and the book purchase gives me access to the same tests it makes no sense to pay an extra 30$ for the online access. And also I get to read the book, I am thinking about SC as its my weak area. ( And I come to understand that the book access is only for 6 months, which is good enough for me as I will be done with my GMAT till then)

So my questions to the experts ( esp. to MGMAT tutors who frequent this site)
1) Does the online purchase and the strategy book give me access to the same set of 6 CATs?
2) What extra features does the online purchase have? (As its going to cost me an extra 30 bucks) Also what are the limitations with the access granted through book purchase.
3) Do we have any discount for GMAT club members for the online purchase (I am sure its some where else in the forum but I could not find it)

Any other suggestions for some one looking for CATs practice is most welcome :-D

Thanks,
G
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8157 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MGMAT CATs - Buying Guide vs Buying 1 yr access [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 12:39
Expert's post
You can buy a guide and it will be the same privileges/access/tests as buying the online CATs.
Actually buying a guide will give you more content (you will also get exercises and additional content for each of the guidebooks such as Arithmetic, or CR, or SC).

hope this answers your questions,
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT CATs - Buying Guide vs Buying 1 yr access [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2013, 02:29
Hi BB,

Thanks a lot for the info.
I suddenly got so much busy with work that I did not do any preparation for over a month now and my exam is in about a month from now.
Too nervous now. I am going to order the book today!

Re: MGMAT CATs - Buying Guide vs Buying 1 yr access   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2013, 02:29