Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 07:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Free tests a little too hard?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 25

MGMAT Free tests a little too hard? [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2013, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
I started this thread just to get people's opinions really...

I've done a couple of MGMAT math tests, in the Free test area of Gmat Club's, it's got 700+ questions. Although, I've found most of them ridiculously hard, or to put it better, impossible to solve in 2mins... I don't understand, is it me or these questions are indeed too hard and they're merely for practice and not so much to gauge your skills?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: MGMAT Free tests a little too hard? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2013, 01:32
I guess I'm not the only one then. I too am finding them hard. If I try to work on them extensively, I definitely run out of time and if I try to do all of them in the timeframe, my accuracy is way low. But I guess it does gives a taste of the real hard questions and prepare you better.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 25

Re: MGMAT Free tests a little too hard? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2013, 01:36
You also got Q49 mate, and you find them hard?! That makes me feel good! :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: MGMAT Free tests a little too hard? [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2013, 12:03
Skag55 wrote:
I started this thread just to get people's opinions really...

I've done a couple of MGMAT math tests, in the Free test area of Gmat Club's, it's got 700+ questions. Although, I've found most of them ridiculously hard, or to put it better, impossible to solve in 2mins... I don't understand, is it me or these questions are indeed too hard and they're merely for practice and not so much to gauge your skills?

Yes they are hard ...but scoring algorithm of mgmat is fairly accurate...so u can rely on mgmat cats ...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MGMAT Free tests a little too hard? [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 06:50
I find them hard. But they are hard by design.

My question is, what % or quant score are 700 level questions? Not just on teh gmat tests but the forum questions too.
Does 700 level quant mean 89th% like the regular 200-800 ranking would be?

I ask because my undestanding of a CAT is that whatever difficulty you end on is your final score. If you are getting 50% of level 700 questions right, your final score should end up roughly around 700. Would your score not be 89th% (or Q50)?
Re: MGMAT Free tests a little too hard?   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2013, 06:50