Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 690 [4] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 15:23
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Manhattan GMAT Official Guide Companion

The Official Guide Companion (OGC) Plus is an online interface for answering OG problems and measuring your performance. Time yourself on individual questions, mark the problems you guessed on, and note those you’d like to do again later. Then, view performance statistics and review answer explanations written by Manhattan GMAT Instructors (OG 12 quant questions only).

What can it do for you?

• Record & Track Answers
  • Save Online Statistics
  • Show Online Explanations (not in the free version)

My general experience

• Good error logging tool (with charts)
  • Easy to navigate
  • Handy built-in stopwatch
  • Guess flag

If you don't have the MGMAT books, you might want to try the paid version of the OG Companion ($14 or $24) since it gives you access to online explanations by MGMAT instructors.

Read more / Try OG Companion

Screenshots

[Reveal] Spoiler: Images
Attachment:
OG_companion1.png
OG_companion1.png [ 46.3 KiB | Viewed 10373 times ]

Attachment:
OG_companion2.png
OG_companion2.png [ 50.54 KiB | Viewed 10366 times ]

Attachment:
OG_companion3.png
OG_companion3.png [ 24.59 KiB | Viewed 10351 times ]

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 40

Re: MGMAT OG Comapanion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2011, 08:29
Thanks for posting this! I'm not sure why more people weren't interested in this thread. Its basically an awesome error log. And for people who use the 5 quant guides, you can get explanations of the OG questions in a style and format you are already accustomed to (instead of the complicated OG explanations).

This is exactly what i'm looking for. Between this tool and knewton's, I may be able to eradicate the need to maintain a manual error log. Massive time saver.

dzyubam, did you go for the 'Plus' version with explanations? I'm a second time attempter - so i've bought a new OG 12th edition to start fresh and i'd like to take on these questions again with a completely new angle. What would you give this out of 10 with regards to OG prep/topic retention/error log abilities.

Thanks!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

CIO
CIO

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MGMAT OG Comapanion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 02:28
No, I didn't go for the Plus version...

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 40

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 03:19
Thanks. Out of sheer excitement I impulse bought the plus and will be starting with it tonight. Says something about my mental state, when the possibility of an automatic error log generates 'sheer excitement' for me.

I'll leave a short brief of my experience with it after a few weeks.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

CIO
CIO

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 04:15
Sharing your experience will be greatly appreciated!

Good luck with your prep.

Rux10 wrote:
Thanks. Out of sheer excitement I impulse bought the plus and will be starting with it tonight. Says something about my mental state, when the possibility of an automatic error log generates 'sheer excitement' for me.

I'll leave a short brief of my experience with it after a few weeks.

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.89
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 25

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 03:48
Hi,

I am using the free version of this tool, where I am not able to see the entire question.
can we see the full question along with answer choice in the paid version ?
If so, then we dont need to keep referring to questions in the original book. Switching between them is troublesome.

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 19:17
How is the plush version, do you find the explanations help?
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 136

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 28 May 2011, 21:50
hussi9 wrote:
Hi,

I am using the free version of this tool, where I am not able to see the entire question.
can we see the full question along with answer choice in the paid version ?
If so, then we dont need to keep referring to questions in the original book. Switching between them is troublesome.

No. As the questions of OG12e are copyrighted materials of GMAC, MGMAT will not be allowed for presenting the whole question in their OG Archer. IMO, the best option for you is to use a soft copy of OG12e in your PC when you'll use OG Archer. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2011, 12:35
I'm tempted to buy this, if only for the additional explanations provided by MGMAT. My concern with using it for my primary error log is that I won't be able to get questions in the views that I want or add in free-form text for each answer. Does anyone know if you can export your results to Excel?

Lack of time is actually a lack of priorities - Tim Ferriss

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 19

Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2011, 22:54
Thanks for this info! I am about to start working on OG problems and this tool seems to be the best approach to track my weakness and timing.

I have the MGMAT books and can only see the Lite version of this tool. I think I'll buy OG Archer for $14 just for the explanations and stats.

Looking for Kudos :)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 19

Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 13:54
This tool (using OG Archer lite - free version) seems really good! I just did first 4 RC passages from OG 12 and fed the info into the tool. It gives really helpful stats so it serves a purpose of error log + shows your overall performance by depicting your deviation from the "green zone" (accuracy>60% + time<2min).

I didnt buy OG Archer version w/ explanation as it only contains explanations for Quant part and I am not interested in additional explanation on those.

Looking for Kudos :)

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Boston U
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 06:13
I'm using the free version, too. Maybe it came to me after buying OG companion book; I'm not sure but anyway it's a great tool. You can find all OG problems for any set or subset you wish and navigating through the questions is easy. E.g. I just did the Decimal and Fraction part on MGMAT and when I finished that chapter, I opened the tool and easily chose all questions about Decimals and Fractions. All questions come with explanations. Another great point is that you can enter your times manually if you just did some questions offline, say you had no internet connection for a while. So, you don't have to exclude those questions from your from the data used to report your results. The statistics part is a whole positive. Dzyubam said all.

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 11:02
This tool is AWESSSSSOOOOMEEEE.

Does anybody know any thing like this? Bec it won't accept my OG Quant Version1 stats!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 12

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 11:12
dzyubam wrote:

If you don't have the MGMAT books, you might want to try the paid version of the OG Companion ($14 or $24) since it gives you access to online explanations by MGMAT instructors.

Does this mean that you have access to the online explanations in case you do own the MGMAT books? Also, is it possible to try the lite version first and then upgrade it the OG Archer with keeping the record & tracks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudos

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9400 [0], given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 12:06
Expert's post
fiendex wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

Does this mean that you have access to the online explanations in case you do own the MGMAT books? Also, is it possible to try the lite version first and then upgrade it the OG Archer with keeping the record & tracks?

I am pinging the MGMAT experts on this one.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 12

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 13:11
This post received
KUDOS
one question is solved. It says "If you wish to upgrade to the Official Guide Companion Plus or purchase the Official Guide Companion book, you can do so at any time without losing your existing data" in their email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudos

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 10

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 13:54
i personally love this tool... additionally it keeps track of your time and allows you to assess if you are falling behind on timing.

Reward wisdom with kudos

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics (MSc Finance) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 6

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 15:38
I can confirm that the Manhattan GMAT OG Archer is a great tool. As I mentioned in my debrief, it helps a lot in targeting specific weaknesses

Last edited by bb on 20 Dec 2011, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
debrief link
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 09:11
fiendex wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

Hey guys,

There are three ways to get OG Archer:

1. For free with OG Archer Lite - this version does not include explanations.
2. Buy purchasing the full version of OG Archer for $14 - this version is the same as OG Archer Lite but includes explanations.
3. Buy purchasing the Official Guide Companion for $24 - this physical book contains OG quant explanations and also includes access to OG Archer for online tracking. The explanations in OG Archer and in the Official Guide Companion book are the same.

Also, if you upgrade from OG Archer Lite to the full version of OG Archer, all of your statistics will transfer over.

Hope this helps!

Matt Mapplebeck
Online Marketing Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 09:13
mmapplebeck wrote:
fiendex wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

Hey guys,

There a few ways to get OG Archer:

- For free with OG Archer Lite - this version does not include explanations.
- Buy purchasing the full version of OG Archer for $14 - this version is the same as OG Archer Lite but includes explanations.
- Buy purchasing the Official Guide Companion for $24 - this physical book contains OG quant explanations and also includes access to OG Archer for online tracking. The explanations in OG Archer and in the Official Guide Companion book are the same.

The Official Guide Companion is also part of our course materials so if you're a MGMAT course student, you already have access to OG Archer. If you upgrade from OG Archer Lite to the full version of OG Archer, all of your statistics will transfer over.

Hope this helps!

Matt Mapplebeck
Online Marketing Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2011, 09:13