Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [6]
Given Kudos: 334
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 484 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Re: MGMAT OG Comapanion Plus Online Tool [#permalink]
No, I didn't go for the Plus version...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Re: MGMAT OG Companion Plus Online Tool [#permalink]
Thanks. Out of sheer excitement I impulse bought the plus and will be starting with it tonight. Says something about my mental state, when the possibility of an automatic error log generates 'sheer excitement' for me.

I'll leave a short brief of my experience with it after a few weeks.
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Sharing your experience will be greatly appreciated!

Good luck with your prep.

Rux10 wrote:
Thanks. Out of sheer excitement I impulse bought the plus and will be starting with it tonight. Says something about my mental state, when the possibility of an automatic error log generates 'sheer excitement' for me.

I'll leave a short brief of my experience with it after a few weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 453 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hi,

I am using the free version of this tool, where I am not able to see the entire question.
can we see the full question along with answer choice in the paid version ?
If so, then we dont need to keep referring to questions in the original book. Switching between them is troublesome.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
How is the plush version, do you find the explanations help?
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
hussi9 wrote:
Hi,

I am using the free version of this tool, where I am not able to see the entire question.
If so, then we dont need to keep referring to questions in the original book. Switching between them is troublesome.

No. As the questions of OG12e are copyrighted materials of GMAC, MGMAT will not be allowed for presenting the whole question in their OG Archer. IMO, the best option for you is to use a soft copy of OG12e in your PC when you'll use OG Archer. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
I'm tempted to buy this, if only for the additional explanations provided by MGMAT. My concern with using it for my primary error log is that I won't be able to get questions in the views that I want or add in free-form text for each answer. Does anyone know if you can export your results to Excel?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Thanks for this info! I am about to start working on OG problems and this tool seems to be the best approach to track my weakness and timing.

I have the MGMAT books and can only see the Lite version of this tool. I think I'll buy OG Archer for $14 just for the explanations and stats.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
This tool (using OG Archer lite - free version) seems really good! I just did first 4 RC passages from OG 12 and fed the info into the tool. It gives really helpful stats so it serves a purpose of error log + shows your overall performance by depicting your deviation from the "green zone" (accuracy>60% + time<2min).

I didnt buy OG Archer version w/ explanation as it only contains explanations for Quant part and I am not interested in additional explanation on those.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
I'm using the free version, too. Maybe it came to me after buying OG companion book; I'm not sure but anyway it's a great tool. You can find all OG problems for any set or subset you wish and navigating through the questions is easy. E.g. I just did the Decimal and Fraction part on MGMAT and when I finished that chapter, I opened the tool and easily chose all questions about Decimals and Fractions. All questions come with explanations. Another great point is that you can enter your times manually if you just did some questions offline, say you had no internet connection for a while. So, you don't have to exclude those questions from your from the data used to report your results. The statistics part is a whole positive. Dzyubam said all.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
This tool is AWESSSSSOOOOMEEEE.

Does anybody know any thing like this? Bec it won't accept my OG Quant Version1 stats!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 484 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
dzyubam wrote:

If you don't have the MGMAT books, you might want to try the paid version of the OG Companion ($14 or $24) since it gives you access to online explanations by MGMAT instructors.

Does this mean that you have access to the online explanations in case you do own the MGMAT books? Also, is it possible to try the lite version first and then upgrade it the OG Archer with keeping the record & tracks?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
fiendex wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

If you don't have the MGMAT books, you might want to try the paid version of the OG Companion ($14 or $24) since it gives you access to online explanations by MGMAT instructors.

Does this mean that you have access to the online explanations in case you do own the MGMAT books? Also, is it possible to try the lite version first and then upgrade it the OG Archer with keeping the record & tracks?

I am pinging the MGMAT experts on this one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
i personally love this tool... additionally it keeps track of your time and allows you to assess if you are falling behind on timing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I can confirm that the Manhattan GMAT OG Archer is a great tool. As I mentioned in my debrief, it helps a lot in targeting specific weaknesses

Edit: Added link: my-gmat-720-q49-v40-124915.html

Originally posted by omnikey on 20 Dec 2011, 16:38.
Last edited by bb on 20 Dec 2011, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
debrief link
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
fiendex wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

Hey guys,

There are three ways to get OG Archer:

1. For free with OG Archer Lite - this version does not include explanations.
2. Buy purchasing the full version of OG Archer for $14 - this version is the same as OG Archer Lite but includes explanations.
3. Buy purchasing the Official Guide Companion for $24 - this physical book contains OG quant explanations and also includes access to OG Archer for online tracking. The explanations in OG Archer and in the Official Guide Companion book are the same.

Also, if you upgrade from OG Archer Lite to the full version of OG Archer, all of your statistics will transfer over.

Hope this helps!

Matt Mapplebeck
Online Marketing Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 530 Q37 V25
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.32
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Schawjibb wrote:
hussi9 wrote:
Hi,

No. As the questions of OG12e are copyrighted materials of GMAC, MGMAT will not be allowed for presenting the whole question in their OG Archer. IMO, the best option for you is to use a soft copy of OG12e in your PC when you'll use OG Archer. Thanks!

Anywhere I can get my hands on softcopy of OG13e ?
GMAT Club Bot