Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT private tutoring vs VeritasPrep private tutoring?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 19

MGMAT private tutoring vs VeritasPrep private tutoring? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 21:09
I am currently scoring a 620-640 on GMATPrep and ManhattanGMAT CATs after preparing myself.

I already have the MGMAT strategy guides and I have gone through them.

I am currently solving the free VeritasPrep GMAT Question Bank. I really like their question sets. I have also heard that they provide students with 15 CATs if you enroll in their program.

I am thinking of using private tutoring to improve my score. GmatClub is awesome but it would really help if a tutor can walk me through areas I am weak in. I think I need some individual help to help me get past the 700 mark.

Would you suggest VeritasPrep or ManhattanGMAT?

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 993 [2] , given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: MGMAT private tutoring vs VeritasPrep private tutoring? [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 03:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gmatprep1982 wrote:
I am currently scoring a 620-640 on GMATPrep and ManhattanGMAT CATs after preparing myself.

I already have the MGMAT strategy guides and I have gone through them.

I am currently solving the free VeritasPrep GMAT Question Bank. I really like their question sets. I have also heard that they provide students with 15 CATs if you enroll in their program.

I am thinking of using private tutoring to improve my score. GmatClub is awesome but it would really help if a tutor can walk me through areas I am weak in. I think I need some individual help to help me get past the 700 mark.

Would you suggest VeritasPrep or ManhattanGMAT?

Thanks

Hi gmatprep1982,

I personally feel that self study/ study group is sufficient for GMAT, but that's just my opinion. Some are comfortable with the private tuition. Again in my opinion the awareness of you weaknesses and strengths will drive your score further. A private tutor will guide you through the process, explain you the rules and strategies and suggest you a study plan, but its you who has to develop an awareness and practice those rules and concepts.
As far is the quality is concerned, I think both will be good. The difference is that Veritas folks will be more inclined towards the strategies in Veritas guides and MGMAT folks will be towards their's.

Moreover, private tutoring is a significant investment in terms of money as compared to other resources. I think both VeritasPrep and ManhattanGMAT will offer you one free hour of tutoring. If you are sure that you want to go for private tutoring then, you must take a test drive. You should go for private tutoring only if you are completely comfortable with their services and resources.

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Re: MGMAT private tutoring vs VeritasPrep private tutoring?   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2013, 03:10