Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT SC Book

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
MGMAT SC Book [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2013, 10:39
Does this book cover everything I would need to know for SC section? It just seems so...basic, I don't know. I was going to go through this book, do the exercises, go through OG, keep an error log, and that's pretty much it. Is that enough to potentially get a perfect score on SC?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 211

Kudos [?]: 314 [0], given: 5

Re: MGMAT SC Book [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2013, 13:32
Expert's post
While I am very confident in the MGMAT SC Strategy Guide, I wouldn't go so far as to say that by simply studying it and the OG you can pull off a perfect score. You have to be honest about your personal abilities as well - not every person is capable of getting a perfect score, which is precisely why they are so rare. You need the right combination of personal abilities, proper study materials and effort to get to the top.

Back to the study materials - work your way through the entire SC Guide (including the advanced material) and be very thorough in your review of your OG problems. Many people miss out on valuable lessons because they only do a cursory review of the problems they get wrong. You must deeply review all problems - both the ones you get right and the ones you get wrong. Many times people get problems right by guessing or for the wrong reasons. Know why the GMAT thinks these answer choices are wrong.

You should also check out Thursdays with Ron - it's a great source of bonus SC material (and other GMAT areas as well). Here is the link: http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Re: MGMAT SC Book   [#permalink] 14 Sep 2013, 13:32