Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 22:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

mgmat score analysis

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 22

mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
I just took the manhattanGMAT free test ...got a score of 680. I m looking for a score of 750+ in GMAT. I m planning to book the test in the 3rd week of july and let me know whether it is possible to achieve my target score if I put in a serious effort from here on....feeling a bit depressed after the manhattan test performance. Guys give me some expert guidance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 11

Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2012, 00:52
This post received
KUDOS
definitely possible. the MGMAT tests are a bit more difficult than the actually GMAT too.

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 27 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2012, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
I wouldn't necessarily agree that the MGMAT tests as a whole are harder than the actual GMAT . The quant section is probably harder on MGMAT , but the MGMAT verbal scores are a bit inflated compared to GMATprep . Also the SC questions in GMATprep are a bit different compared to the MGMAT tests SC questions in that the former is based more on understanding the meaning of the sentence rather than just applying grammar rules

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 22

Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 05:57
This post received
KUDOS
thanks a lot guys...would like to know whether it is worth buying the remaining 5 mgmat tests for 39$.
It would be really great if you guys can also suggest me any free gmat practice tests that are really good.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 06:24
madhavgmat wrote:
thanks a lot guys...would like to know whether it is worth buying the remaining 5 mgmat tests for 39$.
It would be really great if you guys can also suggest me any free gmat practice tests that are really good.

How much was your score in verbal in MGMAT?

I have done all 6 MGMAT mocks and I also scored in the range 33-40 in verbal section. My take is that MGMAT scoring in verbal is quite different from the scoring of GMAT. I got only 25 in real GMAT. So, if you are thinking to appear in July, please take one GMATPrep mock. GMATPrep mock is a right indicator of your ability. Also, do not use second GMATPrep mock as you can use it in the last two weeks before you appear in the exam.

And you don't have to worry a lot about Quant section. Even I am not that good with Quant, still I managed to score 48 in GMAT. I scored 48 in 2 GMATPrep and actual GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 07:05
Here's my input after taking 6 MGMAT CAT exams:

Quant score on MGMAT was lower than my official by a few points. Verbal on MGMAT was higher than my official by a few points. Pretty much in line with what most people say on these forums.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: mgmat score analysis [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 07:13
I think that even the quant of manhattan is a bit different from gmat math ... i scored 50/51 in mgmat but ended up gettin 48 on G day
Re: mgmat score analysis   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2012, 07:13