Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 06:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Michael Schumacher retires

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Michael Schumacher retires [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2006, 00:55
I am sure everybody knows this... It is sad to see a legend go. F-1 will suffer a huge loss i think, i would say many people were watching F-1 just for Michael... Sad news for me.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 19:19
yeah, it's going to feel strange without Michael on the track next year... but we're gonna see some young bloods fighting it out for the crown. Kimi? Alonso? Massa? ... will be interesting.

let's all recall what has been arguably the career of the greatest F1 driver of all time. Michael will certainly be missed.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2006, 12:50
Its sad. Truly. I hope he stays in the Ferrari racing team though (other roles!). Schumacher, Ferrari, Red - nothing and nobody can possibly replace this combo. :cry:

But then, we get to see Kimi in red, and I'm turning into a Kubica fan as well! :-D
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 19:59
I am happy to see the cheat go. I no longer have to see his banana face.
Welcome to the age of Alonso, Kimi, Kubica and Hamilton.

F1 is all about him? How long have you been following the sport? F1 does not live for one driver. Drivers after drivers will retire but F1 continues. We've seen Nelson Pigeut, Alan Prost, Aryton Senna, Mikka gone, but F1 continues, and so does Schumacher's retirement have no effect on the future of F1. Instead, his dominance and Ferrari's immoral ethics have turned some fans away. Quite the opposite, I'd say. :roll:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2006, 01:16
tennis_ball wrote:

F1 is all about him? How long have you been following the sport? F1 does not live for one driver. Drivers after drivers will retire but F1 continues. We've seen Nelson Pigeut, Alan Prost, Aryton Senna, Mikka gone, but F1 continues, and so does Schumacher's retirement have no effect on the future of F1. Instead, his dominance and Ferrari's immoral ethics have turned some fans away. Quite the opposite, I'd say. :roll:

Harsh words man :)

I would not call him a cheat... If he is a cheat Senna should also be called like that. Don't you agree?

F-1 future will surely not be much influenced by his retirement, but F-1 will suffer badly for the first couple of years without Michael....
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2006, 22:02
SimaQ wrote:
tennis_ball wrote:

Harsh words man :)

I would not call him a cheat... If he is a cheat Senna should also be called like that. Don't you agree?

F-1 future will surely not be much influenced by his retirement, but F-1 will suffer badly for the first couple of years without Michael....

Senna is a man, because he would say what he would do during the racing.
And he did it in Japan. Well, Schumacher doesn't say anything and go to take out the drivers, esp in the old days when the camera technology was bad.

Well, we don't talk about him any more, since he is retired.
Now Kimi goes to an nearly new Ferrari team with so many management reshuffles, and with his style, I doubt and worry that he probably will never become a WDC. I used to like him, but not so much nowadays.
That his car was not reliable is one reason, but that he is a speed nut is another reason. Winning a WDC requires more than just speed. The compromise between the machine and the strategies and points. Alonso is much better in this aspect than Kimi.
  [#permalink] 26 Oct 2006, 22:02