Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 23:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Michigan R1 & R2 Pants Pooping

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2007, 17:30
Congratulations Guys...!!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2007, 22:44
Just an update...i was put on waitlist. :(
Hope for the best!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2007, 23:25
fluff wrote:
Just an update...i was put on waitlist. :(
Hope for the best!

I've updated the front page with this. Good luck.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 18:50
Invited to interview for R2.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 14:26
R2 applicant; Today I received an email from Ross saying that they have completed preliminary check of my credentials and find my application complete and ready for review. Did anyone get this email? Specially, did anyone who got an invite interview for R2 get this email prior to getting interview invitation?

I believe its yogurt!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 14:57
This is the e-mail I got:
Quote:
Dukes

We have received your application, and we look forward to reviewing it. Thank you!

Thats the only confirmation I got in advance of the interview invite.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 14:58
gmatmba wrote:
R2 applicant; Today I received an email from Ross saying that they have completed preliminary check of my credentials and find my application complete and ready for review. Did anyone get this email? Specially, did anyone who got an invite interview for R2 get this email prior to getting interview invitation?

I believe this email is sent to every applicant. If your file is incomplete, they will let you know what is missing. If it is complete, they will let you know.

I haven't yet received this email because on of my recommendations was not submitted online, but the rep in the admissions office said I'd get an email in the next week or so letting me know either it is complete or what is missing.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 14:59
dukes wrote:
This is the e-mail I got:
Quote:
Dukes

We have received your application, and we look forward to reviewing it. Thank you!

Thats the only confirmation I got in advance of the interview invite.

Thats a bit different from what I got...dont know what to make of it :(
Here is a copy below:

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your application to the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, at the University of Michigan.

We have completed the preliminary check of your credentials and find your application complete and ready for review. If the Admissions Committee would like additional information during the review process, we will contact you.

Decisions for Round II Full Time MBA Applications will be available on March 15, 2007. To expedite the review process please DO NOT reply to this message. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Ross Admissions

I believe its yogurt!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 19:20
Congrats guys.
This is great news.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 19:30
gmatmba wrote:

When did you submit your app?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 03:49
died4me wrote:
gmatmba wrote:

day before the deadline

I believe its yogurt!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 06:44
Just ran another search on admissions411: Of US-based R1 applicants (class of 09) with GMAT scores of 700 or higher, 27 of 38 have been accepted. Better than 70% seems rediculously high. I guess there's a method to how the elites are able to match the GMAT scores of ultra-elites.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 07:33
gmatmba wrote:
died4me wrote:
gmatmba wrote:

day before the deadline

Thanks for your response!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 16:37
Just got notification of R2 app received today.. I visited in november and am scheduled to be on campus in february for a conference.

I really like ann arbor!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2007, 21:56
Congrats guys ..... awesome performance
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2007, 08:47
Fellow R1 Admits:

Got the admissions binder today, didn't go through it yet, but it looks really nice!
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2007, 11:58
General question about Ross ( I should probably know this one by now):

I get the whole idea behind the MAPs and I understand what they are, but is there more to their "multidisciplinary learning" than these consulting projects? They make a big deal about it and how its a whole different approach to learning but at the end of the day it seems to be something that really only affects you for one 7-week term. Am I missing something? Does this "learning philosophy" manifest itself in any other way?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2007, 12:11
dukes wrote:
General question about Ross ( I should probably know this one by now):

I get the whole idea behind the MAPs and I understand what they are, but is there more to their "multidisciplinary learning" than these consulting projects? They make a big deal about it and how its a whole different approach to learning but at the end of the day it seems to be something that really only affects you for one 7-week term. Am I missing something? Does this "learning philosophy" manifest itself in any other way?

I always wondered about this and have not found any solid information. moreover, talking to ross students i realize that the Map is not even one of the top things that they mention when they talk about their experience. When i asked a few students, they just said what they did for ross and i got the feeling that you get a chance to work in an industry just to do something different. another thing I learned is that students are heavily involved in organizing various school activities with minimal help from administration (eg orientation week for new students)

I believe its yogurt!

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2007, 13:28
dukes wrote:
I always wondered about this and have not found any solid information. moreover, talking to ross students i realize that the Map is not even one of the top things that they mention when they talk about their experience. When i asked a few students, they just said what they did for ross and i got the feeling that you get a chance to work in an industry just to do something different. another thing I learned is that students are heavily involved in organizing various school activities with minimal help from administration (eg orientation week for new students)

I would say the biggest endorsement of MAP is the rating by recruiters, which rates ross students highest on the 'hit the ground moving' factor. Its just like having an 2nd internship. ie you can actually use it on your resume
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2007, 10:08
i got the notification that they are going to review my app on 23rd and got another email very next day that I am invited to an interview.

I was surprised that it took less than 24 hrs to review and send out an interview invitation.
  [#permalink] 26 Jan 2007, 10:08