Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Military Officer Evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I would say the supplemental classes OR the additional (assuming: higher) GRE would boost your chances for sure. I really doubt you would need both. If you happen to have the time to achieve both, you could definitely raise your chances of a top 10 school, but you should be able to get in one anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bryant,

Just re-took the GRE after returning from a deployment. Brought it up to a 324, which the ETS site estimates to an even 700 GMAT. Wondering if you think this will be a competitive application to HBS. I will be pursuing HKS as well but the dual degree with Tuck if I don't get into HBS.

You think I have a shot with a 3.2 and pushing 31 years old when I apply?

Duff
Send PM
Expert Reply
Duf I would say yes, you should be competitive. B-schools don't hold age as much against Military guys as they do others, and even though HBS has an age bias for younger applicants, your carer on the TEAMS can and should be able to trump reservations. Make sure your application is well written and compelling and you should have a shot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bryant,

I have a question for you about MIT Sloan. To be honest, it's not a high one on my list because while I was an undergrad, I interacted with MIT students and they seemed brilliant but severely lacking in social skills and I found no common ground (I went to BC).

What do you know about the Sloan student body? I am sure it is not the same but I am wondering about my own fit at the program. The MIT/HKS degree offers a great opportunity to get two degrees and remain in Boston throughout as opposed to commuting form Tuck. This is all planning in the event I don't get admitted to HBS, of course.

Am I way off on these guys?

Duff
Send PM
Expert Reply
Duff--

You will find the student body at Sloan to be far different if not totally uncorrelated with the undergrad personality at MIT. As a b-school, Stern attracts the same top students to its program as HBS, Wharton, Chicago, Duke, etc. does.

-b
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bryant,

Great insight. I know that to be true, I think I just need someone to slap some sense into me. MIT is an excellent school.

Once again, looking for your sage advice. I have to complete a micro and macro-economic pre-requisite for two of the policy schools to which I will be applying (Yale-Jackson, Princeton-WW). I intend to do this online, and I will ensure it gets the attention it deserves in order to get an A.

I have a finite amount of time with an active duty assignment leading up to application season in the fall. Do you think macro and micro will be valid additions to an alternative transcript to be used for B-School applications? I know the standard ones are finance, accounting, statistics, etc… Do you think I need to add one of those in there too.

Thanks,
Duff
GMAT Club Bot