Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MiM at LBS vs Mphil Management at Cambridge Judge

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MiM at LBS vs Mphil Management at Cambridge Judge [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2011, 00:43
Hey guys,

I will be applying to several business schools in the UK in a year or so for a pre-experience program, when I've finished my bachelor's. My two ideals would be the Masters in Management at London Business School and the Mphil in Management at Cambridge Judge. I've been puzzling for a while over the pros and cons of each program relative to the other. From what I can gather, the MiM at LBS is very very good - excellent course structure, practical focus, great connections - and of course LBS has an incredible reputation, in Europe at least. On the other hand, Cambridge's course seems to also have all of these qualities, with the added bonus of the international Cambridge "super-brand". However, in business circles, LBS seems to rank much more highly, and some would say its graduates are more employable.
Basically what I'm asking is this - if you had the choice between the two, would you take LBS's teaching excellence and region-specific reputation, or Cambridge's international reputation and the greater possibilities this could open up overseas?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GPA: 3.76
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: MiM at LBS vs Mphil Management at Cambridge Judge [#permalink] New post 11 May 2014, 13:39
Apologies should this may turn out to be a late reply.

It appeals to me quite straight forward that MiM at LBS does significantly different from Mphil Management at Cambridge Judge. The latter is more academic oriented, designed for further progress to PhD in Management. If your career goal is business world or simply applying knowledge into solving real problems, I would recommend to go for LBS. The only reason why I would rather consider to choose Cambridge one is that I would like to connect to wider Cambridge community. LBS is very independent, although it does have joint efforts with UCL.

Hope that helps.
Re: MiM at LBS vs Mphil Management at Cambridge Judge   [#permalink] 11 May 2014, 13:39