Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE. [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2014, 01:20
Hello guys!

I was admitted to all three MiMs, and already payed a reservation fee for ESADE (but this doesn't really matter) Which one would you recommend and why? I am planning to go into the Big Three (BCG/Bain/McKinsey).

At the moment I lean towards ESADE because I like their teaching approach which has a ton of practice and because its Barcelona (I have already spent 4 years studying in top UK University). However I heard that LBS is the best for consulting and offers incomparable networking opportunities.
Intern
Intern

Re: MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE. [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2014, 08:05
Come on guys, not a single piece of advice? The deadlines for accepting the offer are really close and I would appreciate any information you could share.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Date: 07-31-2014
GPA: 3.94
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests
Re: MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE. [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2014, 08:16
Hey Svyatoi!

Congrats on being selected by the three programs!

I am looking forward to apply to IESE, Darden, ESADE and IE this year.

I would like to understand why you are considering between LBS, ESADE and IE! While the first two are 2 year programs, IE has a 1 year program. Doesn't the course duration and related cost have any impact on your decisions? How many years of experience do you have?

WRT consulting roles, I have heard from alumni/students that the top consulting companies come to IESE and ESADE and these consulting companies rarely go to IE. I don't have much idea on LBS because I am not considering it as my experience is less (and am more inclined to IESE's/Darden's case study method). Have you spoken to alumni/students of these schools? Speak to a few of them and visit the website of these schools to see what companies hire students if you haven't.

Hope this helps! Let me know which school you choose and why! Good Luck! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE. [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2014, 08:30
Hey!

Thanks for the reply. First of all, all the program are 1 year long, as I am talking about MiM (Masters in Management), not MBA. The costs are pretty much the same. However ESADE offers a joint degree possibility with St Gallen (Strategy and management) which is very sweet. As far as I know the Big Three come to LBS and ESADE, not sure about IE though. Moreover I heard that IE is more hardcore academically and more focused on in-Spain recruitment rather than international.

I will be accepting my offer within a few days and I think that 90% it is going to be ESADE. I have a friend who studied at LBS and he said that academically it was a piece of cake for him. However LBS offers unparallel networking opportunities, which ESADE might lack in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Date: 07-31-2014
GPA: 3.94
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests
Re: MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE. [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2014, 08:37
Oh Thanks for the clarification.

I'd advice you to talk to alumni from all schools to get a good and complete perspective. You can just search in linkedin for people who studied these courses. Message them and then talk to them at a time they find convenient. Try to talk to people from your country/work background so that you can relate better! As far as I noticed, everyone I tried reaching to so far have been very readily helpful. You must talk to students from all schools! If possible try to visit the schools!

And do go by your intuition. It helps best! :-D

Best wishes!
Re: MiM Program, LBS vs IE vs ESADE.   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2014, 08:37